Print

Author Topic: Club Nintendo Rewards!  (Read 30517 times)

« on: November 22, 2009, 07:59:42 PM »
Curse Club Nintendo and their cool rewards. I have enough Coins to get some great rewards, but I am having trouble deciding what to get. These are what I'm deciding beween..

A set of Hanafuda cards (some have pictures of Mario characters on them)
A set of Mario Cards (put them all together to make the boxart from Mario Party 8)
Super Mario Bros themed Ds Lite game carrying case (holds 9 games and comes with seven Ds Lite Styli [or styluses?])
Silver DS Lite carrying case (only holds one Ds Lite, no games)
Game & Watch Collection (A Ds cart containing three G&W games: Oil Panic, Donkey Kong, Greenhouse)
The Legend of Zelda poster series (a three poster series depecting the history of the Zelda series)

Toadette has expressed interest in the Zelda posters, and before I told her about it, I was really leaning toward the SMB themed carrying case and Styli set. I don't have enough points for both, but I was thinking if I got her the poster set, I could get myself the Ds Lite carrying case. She has said that I can just pick whatever, but I thought I would try to get her something too.

If we get any of the card sets, that is all we'd be able to get until I register more stuff.

If I had known about this sooner,I could have joined Lizard Dude and tried to decide between getting a Mario hat or afree Wiiware game. Maybe next time..

So, what would  you pick?? :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 10:46:53 PM »
Sorry to burst Toadette's bubble, but the poster set is probably the poorest pick listed, seeing that it could just as easily be ripped from the pages of Nintendo Power. I would personally recommend somthing more historic, like the Hafunda cards, SMB game/stylus case or G&W Collection. The only drawback to choosing something functional is that you'll never actually use it outside your home for fear of wrecking it.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 10:49:23 PM »
If I choose the SMB Set, I would use it to store my multiplayer/wifi DS games and take it with me on trips (my sister lives on a base in another state now..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 07:52:00 AM »
A set of Hanafuda cards (some have pictures of Mario characters on them)
Obviously not the real deal, but still cool.

A set of Mario Cards (put them all together to make the boxart from Mario Party 8)
And was that a totally awesome game, or what.

Super Mario Bros themed Ds Lite game carrying case (holds 9 games and comes with seven Ds Lite Styli [or styluses?])
Stylish yet superfluous.

Silver DS Lite carrying case (only holds one Ds Lite, no games)
See above; also, I certainly couldn't imagine the point in it holding any more Lites.

Game & Watch Collection (A Ds cart containing three G&W games: Oil Panic, Donkey Kong, Greenhouse)
Insubstantial and unoriginal, but nevertheless an actual game.

The Legend of Zelda poster series (a three poster series depecting the history of the Zelda series)
Awesome indeed (but Weegee has a point).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 09:22:55 AM »
And was that a totally awesome game, or what.

Awesome indeed, but I can just look at the boxart if I want to look at the boxart

Stylish yet superfluous.

Maybe, but I was thinking of getting it anyway, being a hardcore SMB fan and all.

See above; also, I certainly couldn't imagine the point in it holding any more Lites.

I was kinda lamenting the fact that that's all it would hold: I one DS Lite and no games. Who's going to carry just their DS on them..?

Weegee kinda has a point. Hmm.. Decisions..

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 10:54:26 AM »
Obviously not the real deal, but still cool.
In what way? It's a full set of normal-sized Hanafuda cards in a plastic case. Nintendo actually still makes normal Hanafuda cards in their spare time, and the case is apparently the same as the case from one of the normal sets they make but with a different sticker on the front.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 03:24:21 PM »
Wait, does this mean my poker cards with the naked ladies on them aren't real?!

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 05:09:39 PM »
I'd go with the poster in hopes that it is something new. Maybe it will include the hidden real chronology that Miyamoto said was in his head.

The cards don't interest me, don't need a carrying case with seven styluses, a carrying case without space for games sounds worthless, and the G&W Collection is worthless unless you don't own the first three Game & Watch Gallery games like I do (and even then, I didn't really care for the three games listed. Should have been Fire, Helmet, and Mario Bros).

I wonder if and when Nintendo will ever get around to releasing the other G&W games. Maybe they already released all the good ones and figure no one wants the rest. Come on, Game & Watch Wii/DS Collection. 60-some reflex-oriented games. It's not that hard.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 06:55:37 PM »
If I choose the SMB Set, I would use it to store my multiplayer/wifi DS games and take it with me on trips

That was my original intendtion as well. Of course, it looks awesome even on your shelf, provided that you're there to occasionally dust it.

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 11:56:51 PM »
Come on, Game & Watch Wii/DS Collection. 60-some reflex-oriented games. It's not that hard.

They've secretly done that already. I think they called it Wario Ware.. :p

After much deliberation and talking with Toadette, I decided to go for the SMB styled game case. I'll have to get her something good for Christmas since I know she would like to have had those posters (even though she told me it was ok to get something that only I would likely use).

Maybe if I get a bunch of points saved up again, I'll get her the poster set. I just need to get three Wii games for Christmas. Ha! Wishful thinking, and there's not really a whole lot out that I'm interested in. I already have New SMBW.. I guess Wario Land: Shake It would be a good one, but after that, I don't know..

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 02:45:05 PM »
If you're willing to relieve yourself of at least $50 for three pictures on glossy posters, eBay could be a viable option.

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 09:51:38 PM »
Nah. I'll just wait until I find something like that in real life. I don't trust eBay that much anymore. Too many bad transactions.

In hindsight, I thought of a couple more Wii Mario games that I don't have: Mario Super Sluggers, and Mario Strikers Charged. I'm sure that those two, with Wario Land, would get me enough coins to get those posters. Here's hoping I get them for Christmas.. or enough money for them..

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 01:30:40 AM »
Let's bump this mother up.

It turns out I lost 400 Coins in 2011. If you ask me, they shouldn't be allowed to expire. You paid for the game, so your Coins should be bankable for however long you [darn] well please. I've also missed out on a few post-play surveys.

If you've been buying many 3DS games or downloads, you might want to check this list before July 1, when the Coin value for many titles increases or decreases.

EDIT: After registering my games en masse, I'm up to 1020 Coins with Platinum status. Does that qualify me for the Mario badge set, or for the next reward? Is there a certain time at which new prizes are announced? If so, I might hold on to my Coins.

EDIT 2: Despite being a far smaller market than North America, Club Nintendo Europe gets far better prizes. That replica SNES controller is particularly awesome.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 03:23:55 AM by Weegee »

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2012, 07:32:15 AM »
That's actually good news for me, because several 3DS games I haven't registered yet (because I'm already at Platinum) are getting increases for the new cycle. Unfortunately, CRUSH 3D is getting a decrease, which offsets that a little, but it's not a big deal.

Also, I have 650 coins right now, with seventy coins worth of surveys to take care of once the new cycle starts, plus hundreds of points worth of games (along with a 3DS) to register once the new cycle begins. I want those Hanafuda cards, but I'll wait until I can guarantee a second year of Platinum to get the rest of the coins I need for them.

Weegee, you'll qualify for the new set of Gold and Platinum rewards when they're announced, not the current set of rewards. And prizes change all the time.

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 11:46:16 AM »
Speaking of prizes, that awesome 3DS/DS game holder LD mentioned a while back is back. I have enough Coins, and wasn't saving for anything huge (maybe the Hanafuda cards..eventually) but I like having places to keep my games more than having more playing cards (even though the cards are really cool).

Print