Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1708037 times)

Jman

• Score
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2006, 07:27:43 PM »
Watch out, Jman. :P

By the way, [adult swim] was showing Saved By the Bell the other day.

Thanks for the heads up, LD.  It's funny, because my real name starts with a J too.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2006, 08:32:07 PM »
Speaking of Cartoon Network, I hate what the channel's become in the last few years. Whatever happened to being "The best place for cartoons"? Now they seem more obsessed with beating Nickelodeon then airing quality cartoons both old and new. In fact, they've gone as far as airing live action movies, going against their mission statement, and have even shown interest in airing full time live action series as part of their program. I wouldn't mind this as much if they would just release all the classic Cartoon Cartoons on DVD so I don't have to watch a once great network die a slow painful death.

Whatever happened to Dexter's Lab?  That show was the best!!!  They're just getting rid of these good old cartoons like crazy, and almost every new show involves a butt-kicking protagonist who does nothing but hurts monsters.  Not to mention the animation.  It's just plain lazy.
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2006, 09:13:08 PM »
What's with these people that pull out in front of me at the last second and drive 5-10 mph below the limit? I just don't get it. Why are they in such a hurry to drive so slow?

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2006, 09:19:56 PM »
*For all pronouns marked at such, I am using the masculine pronoun as an indeterminate gender pronoun because typing "his/her" is kind of long. My personal view is that the author typing the sentence use the pronoun of the same gender as the author himself* to denote someone of indeterminate gender. That is all.

Self-referencing sidenotes for the win!

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2006, 09:31:29 PM »
I hate when I want to quote someone from fourteen pages ago but I feel I can't because we're already fourteen pages past the original post.

I also hate when the wind knocks the high jump bar off.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2006, 09:33:31 PM »
Yes. If I don't include that sidenote someone accuses me of being sexist. Especially after my previous diatribe.

Does it make sense? Of course not! Like that stops people!

I can't win. I put in a disclaimer to prevent unfounded complaints and I get complaints based on misconceptions instead.
~I.S.~

« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2006, 11:18:16 PM »
Oh no! I wasn't talking about you, Jman! It's about real life, and she hurt me really bad. So I was hurt, sad, and angry at the same time. It happened about a year ago.  And get this: she was my best friend. Can you imagine now why I'm so hurt?
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2006, 04:56:41 PM »
Whatever happened to Dexter's Lab?  That show was the best!!!  They're just getting rid of these good old cartoons like crazy, and almost every new show involves a butt-kicking protagonist who does nothing but hurts monsters.  Not to mention the animation.  It's just plain lazy.

I think it all started when Anime became popular here in the US.Not that Anime is a bad thing, but ever since then the network execs went under the assumption that American children will eat that stuff up, even though they dont know diddly squat about Anime or what makes it good.

« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2006, 06:12:20 PM »
Dexter's Lab was one of my favorite cartoons. The show started to rot after Christine Cavanaugh left and the animation turned for the worst.

« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2006, 06:19:20 PM »
Subtitled, untranslated anime is better, because us dub viewers get the watered-down versions, and sometimes even miss out on key episodes. \=(
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2006, 07:27:12 PM »
I know what you mean. I'm not a big fan of anime, but I'd kill to see those uncut versions.

« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2006, 07:47:27 PM »
I used to rent Dragon Ball Z DVDs and just put them in Japanese with subtitles a lot.

btw, I really hate stupid pedestrians that walk in front of cars. I don't drive, but when I am in a car... *is angry*
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2006, 08:23:23 PM »
Oh no! I wasn't talking about you, Jman! It's about real life, and she hurt me really bad. So I was hurt, sad, and angry at the same time. It happened about a year ago.  And get this: she was my best friend. Can you imagine now why I'm so hurt?

Oy, that sounds rough.  Just out of curiosity, what exactly did she do? (You don't have to say anything if you don't want to.)
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2006, 08:51:20 PM »
I hate it when I do a lot of things in a day, but at right before bed I suddenly feel like "Man, today was a waste."

« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2006, 09:09:40 PM »
I get very annoyed by those people who ride their bikes in the street as though they were a car. Take note annoying street-hogging bikers:  Get on the sidewalk.  X(
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Print