Print

Author Topic: Summer of Mario: WARIO WARE: D.I.Y.  (Read 3127 times)

David

• Trusts the fungus
« on: June 25, 2020, 02:18:03 PM »
Before Mario Maker, there was...

WARIO WARE: D.I.Y.

Like the other Wario Ware titles, Wario Ware D.I.Y. challenges the player to quickly complete a series of "microgames" without making any mistakes.  Jump over a single Goomba, tap left to stick out your leg at the last moment, or press A to stop a record on Wario -- each microgame is just a few seconds long and only asks the player to complete a simple action.  The challenge in Wario Ware has always been in keeping up with the game as you jump from minigame to minigame without a break, while unlocking all of Wario & his employees' software.

What makes THIS Wario Ware different is that you can now make your own games.

Wario Ware D.I.Y. provides players with a simple visual scripting program, allowing them to create their own microgames.  You have complete control over game logic, scripting, music, and graphics -- it even includes a Mario Paint-themed sprite graphics editor!  In addition, you can view and edit ALL of the microgames included in Wario Ware D.I.Y..

Players could upload their games to Nintendo's server, and download games by others.  Games could also be sent to the Wii's Wario Ware: D.I.Y. Showcase" and played on your TV.  However, the shutdown of the Nintendo DS online services means that none of this is still possible.  The game also features an achievement-like system: the player earns medals for completing various actions, and the medals unlock music tracks; however, without the online connection,  many medals can no longer be earned, locking away several of the songs.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 05:51:13 PM by Deezer »
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

Print