Print

Author Topic: Personal Bests on non-Mario titles  (Read 64201 times)

« Reply #195 on: May 23, 2013, 07:22:43 PM »
I'm apparently #52 on the worldwide Lair leaderboard. Of course the game's poor commercial and critical performance limits potential competition quite a bit, but still, niiiiice.

« Reply #196 on: May 24, 2013, 06:34:02 AM »
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 10:39:36 PM by bobbysq1337 »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #197 on: March 03, 2014, 06:12:30 PM »

Every challenge and champion trophy! Yeah!! Git punched!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #198 on: March 09, 2014, 02:31:33 PM »
So awesome they even named a television after you. :B

Well done!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #199 on: September 09, 2014, 10:39:58 PM »
I can't really take a screenshot that would prove it, but, I successfully completed the Majora's Mask Three-Day Challenge. In which you have to beat the game without ever playing the Song of Time after the first time. You can technically save and reload if you save at an owl statue and copy the file.

Other than having to complete the dungeons very fast, you can't get Epona any later than 6PM on the first day. So in those first twelve game hours you have to get into Woodfall Temple, get the bow, warp out, get into Snowhead Temple, get fire arrows, warp out, melt the ice blocking Medigoron's powder keg shop, blow open the way to the Goron racetrack, run back to him and get a powder keg you can take to open Romani Ranch. Which is a hell of a lot to do and requires near-perfection. The rest isn't quite as demanding. I ended up with a bit of time left over after saving Odolwa for last and used it to get more heart pieces. I had ten containers at the end. I didn't get the Bunny Hood, I mostly spun around as a Deku or rolled around as a Goron to go fast (which, to do this, you gotta). The only non-critical mask I picked up was the Stone Mask, which may as well be a critical one. I've never gone into the Pirate's Fortress without it, and quite a few rooms in Great Bay Temple and Stone Tower Temple have obnoxious respawning enemies who make life hell if you don't have it.

Biggest mistake: I forgot to go get the Song of Storms on the first night, even though I remembered to go get the Captain's Hat for that purpose. The Stalchildren are circling different graves on the second and third nights. But thankfully, it is actually possible to get into Sharp's grave on the second night without any glitches, seen here.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #200 on: September 12, 2014, 09:03:30 PM »
Geometry Wars is a hard game.

This is still very true.

I'm so bad at it.

This is no longer true. In each of the 6 game modes of Geometry Wars 2, I own the highest score known to man. Suck it RedSix66! (And Lizard Dude)

« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 09:05:31 PM by bobman37 »

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #201 on: September 13, 2014, 06:52:24 AM »
I like that fully half of those top scores belong to Fungi Forums members.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #202 on: September 13, 2014, 07:59:05 AM »
Since he's looking at the friends leaderboards, yeah, that's how it works.

I should put more time into Geometry Wars 2 someday.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #203 on: September 13, 2014, 02:15:52 PM »
Since he's looking at the friends leaderboards, yeah, that's how it works.

Well, that makes it significantly less exciting.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #204 on: November 15, 2014, 09:29:44 PM »
I've topped 1600 on Star Fox 64 a few times. Not sure if this is a really good record or not, but it seems to be a pretty elusive mark for a lot of guys. I'm pretty sure my current mark is 1657 or thereabouts; I set it last March.

I tend to play the game really well after an awful day at work, so the next time my clients get unruly, I'll play again and see if I can beat that score. I do want to top 1700 at some point.

Also, if it counts for anything, back in fourth grade, I got to level 69 on Number Munchers. Anyone remember that game where you were the little frog-like guy and had to munch factors, multiples, primes, and the like?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #205 on: August 01, 2015, 04:23:59 AM »

This is my new best Dead Rising Infinity Mode time, beating my old one which was around 9 days (the power went out).

Infinity Mode is Dead Rising 1's bonus mode that doesn't appear in any other game in the series. It's a survival mode where your health constantly ticks down, and Frank dies after 4 game hours (20 real minutes) without food. Bosses appear multiple times in places where they normally don't, all survivors are hostile, and both drop food when killed. The living stop appearing at the end of the 7th day. There is food scattered around the mall, but it does not respawn when picked up and there are no infinite sources of it.

All of this considered, it is not possible to survive longer than 17 days, 7 hours and a few minutes (game time), which requires a very specific way of dealing with the very last survivors. Surviving 5 days is incentivized with an achievement and a real Laser Sword weapon, and surviving 7 days is incentivized with another achievement and Arthur's boxers from Ghouls 'n Ghosts to wear. Surviving longer than 7 days is not incentivized by anything besides the leaderboards. And you can't save at all, the mode must be played in one go with only the pause screen for breaks, hence a power outage cutting my last attempt short.
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #206 on: January 17, 2016, 09:19:02 PM »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print