Print

Author Topic: Obama wins a Nobel Peace Prize  (Read 18626 times)

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2009, 06:58:40 PM »
It's official: George Bush was such a bad president, you can win the Nobel Peace Prize just by not being him.

You sir ought to be a comedian. I laughed my ass off.

He may not have done much, but he did have some great speeches. Anyone else notice that he is the only president to acknowledge nonbelievers?

Despite being a believer to some extent I am very happy he did this. Past presidents, namely Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush, have mocked freethinkers.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2009, 08:02:44 PM »
I strongly disagree with your use of "freethinkers" as an antonym for believers, but that's for another thread. Back to discussion, we've yet to discuss the fact that with the Nobel Peace Prize comes an enormous cash reward, which was in this case 1.4 million dollars. I'm against nuclear warfare as well, and nor have I done anything about it either, so where's my $1.4 million?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2009, 10:39:14 PM »
I strongly disagree with your use of "freethinkers" as an antonym for believers

Well, what do you suppose they should be called?

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2009, 10:36:06 AM »
"Non-Christians". Classifying people as either "Christians" or "freethinkers" is the religious equivalent of some bigot categorizing ethnic groups as either "Blacks" or "all the better races".
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2009, 10:54:25 AM »
I'm agreeing with Weegee's view on this.

And to stay on topic, I don't think he deserved a Nobel Peace Prize in this case. There hasn't been enough done on his behalf.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2009, 07:31:55 PM »
You sir ought to be a comedian. I laughed my ass off.

Pretty sure he got that from Conan O'Brian or something. I forget who, but I heard it on tv somewhere.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2009, 07:45:33 PM »
I killed my television a long time ago.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2009, 11:33:17 PM »
No I meant the joke of "If you're not Bush, you can win a Nobel Prize." But now that I think of it, the original joke I heard was on SNL, and I believe it was actually related to President Obama's speech to the IOC. So I dunno. It's the same basic joke that could be permutated into a number of ways.
= = = = = = =

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2009, 12:25:10 AM »
I killed my television; therefore, I did not know dc804 got that joke from SNL.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2009, 12:35:17 AM »
Ah, I understand. My mistake. But who knows, maybe he didn't get it from there.
= = = = = = =

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2009, 02:00:30 PM »
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 02:02:17 PM by dc804 »
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2009, 02:47:42 AM »
I can greatly respect a man who admits he got a joke from elsewhere. Nothing's worse than a joke-stealer/recycler.
= = = = = = =

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2009, 10:12:51 AM »
Well [darn] near everyone on my joke site steals jokes.

The only ones they didn't steal are the absolute worst ones. Such as the 9/11, racist, rape, and death jokes. Only the people on there would dare to make jokes about that stuff.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2009, 03:13:07 PM »
A black man, a Jew, and the twin towers walk into a bar. The black guy rapes the Jew, who promptly kills the black guy and then himself, by piloting a plane into the twin towers to fulfill the ancient Jewish conspiracy.
every

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2009, 03:24:16 PM »
Hilarious.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print