Poll

Who should be President and Vice President?

Obama/Biden '08
15 (34.1%)
McCain/Palin '08
14 (31.8%)
Deezer/MEGAߥTE '08
15 (34.1%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: November 05, 2008, 07:09:35 PM

Print

Author Topic: TMK Votes  (Read 60748 times)

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2008, 11:46:56 AM »
How are we going to make a decision without knowing any of Deezer's or Megabyte's policies?
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 12:32:28 PM »
Rule them out.  MEGAߥTE is too young and Deezer has never held public office.

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 01:47:33 PM »
Good idea! Since I don't like any of the running candidates, I chose two not running!
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2008, 04:35:34 PM »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008, 05:41:03 PM »
*Puts hands over ears and closes eyes* Political discussion! Political discussion!

3) I thought starting a political discussion would get you pushed off a building
every

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 06:15:17 PM »
Good idea! Since I don't like any of the running candidates, I chose two not running!
Yes, that will show them.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2008, 09:20:46 PM »
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 09:37:11 AM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2008, 09:21:14 PM »
Biden is from Delaware so that's pretty cool, and since I'm also fairly "liberal," I'm inclined to say that Obama is a pretty cool guy, although I'm not a real political guy. I'd vote for him if I could vote.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2008, 09:27:05 PM »
If I was able to vote, I'd be voting Cthulhu (take note of the spelling, ShadowBrian). However, since that's not an option, I chose the TMK Party nomination.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2008, 08:45:29 AM »
If I could vote, I'd definitely vote for Obama.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2008, 01:36:27 PM »
This is the first election in my life I can vote. It's also the first election in my life where my vote would not be against a Presidental candidate. I'm not a terribly big fan of Obama or McCain. Obama shares my views closer, but I hate hate HATE liberal fiscal policy.

That said... instead of voting against a presidental candidate... I'm voting against a VICE presidental candidate. The thought that Sarah Palin is an election and missed heartbeat away from becoming president scares me A LOT. Never mind her relative lack of experience. Never mind teaching creationism in science. Never mind abstinence only sex ed (if you have any questions about how well this works, look at her daughter. Her 17 year old pregnant unwed daughter.) Never mind banning -all- abortions, including pregnancies where the faetus get stuck in the Fallopian tubes... which is very dangerous (can be fatal) to the mother and practically never results in a viable child (in the history of recorded medicine... well, however long this is recorded, only one child in the history of the world has EVER survived a pregnancy of this type). I mean, how can you call yourself "pro-life" when you support banning a practice that saves lives (and support the death penalty, of course I support the death penalty too but I don't run around calling myself "pro-life" in the same breath) Sarah Palin is worse than a typical politician; she's perfectly willing to abuse even her own family to get ahead in politics. Show off your child with Down's Syndrome to show how family-oriented you are? Yep. Force your pregnant daughter to shotgun marry a self-proclaimed "f[---]ing redneck", AT AGE 17, so you look better to the social conservative base? Yep. Lie about who gave birth to the aforementioned Down's Syndrome child so the public can't say that your daughter got pregnant prior to hitting the age of consent? ...maybe, this one's a mere rumor but it wouldn't surprise me. She's on record as telling Bristol that if she were raped and got pregnant, she would be forced to have the child. WHEN SHE WAS 14. She's also on record as referring to Barack Obama as "Sambo", a racial slur that's not too much less degrading to blacks as the well-known one starting with "n".

And yet, despite all this, she's more popular with the American public than any of the other presidental or vice presidental candidates.

"Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve."
~George Bernard Shaw

Also, who seriously names their eldest son "Track"? Seriously? That's a only a half step above "Neveah" and the same level of WHY as "Madison".

PS: Also I'll be watching this thread, first sign of it becoming uncivil and it's getting closed. It'll stay open for now because MB didn't close it yet.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 01:39:41 PM by Insane Steve »
~I.S.~

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2008, 01:46:23 PM »
YOUR BELIEFS ARE WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG
every

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2008, 02:15:39 PM »
Palin is popular with the American public because she's a woman. It's stupid, I know, but that's the sad, sad truth. I don't really like Joe Biden (hell, I'd never heard of him before this election) but I really, really don't like Palin. McCain should've picked Romney. But he decided to play the gender card and attempt to win the election with a woman with practically no experience backing him. And it seems to have worked because McCain has jumped ahead in the polls.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 10:46:34 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2008, 02:24:50 PM »
No, the Republican Party (READ: Not McCain) chose Palin because the religious right doesn't like McCain all that much. The religious right also tends to vote in droves, so the party needed someone who these people can back. Mitt Romney would be suicide to the GOP because of his religion and how the social cons view McCain.

Also, notice how the Republicans are losing seats in Congress. This VP pick will not only cause the social cons to vote for the McCain ticket, they'll vote (R) down the board and maybe stop the bleeding in Congress/state positions. I mean, as much as I hate Palin, she does make sense from the party's goal of getting as many officials elected as possible. The fact that she's a woman is moot in this case.
~I.S.~

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2008, 02:29:55 PM »
No, the Republican Party (READ: Not McCain) chose Palin because the religious right doesn't like McCain all that much. The religious right also tends to vote in droves, so the party needed someone who these people can back.

Why Palin then? If that's the case then he should've picked Mike Huckabee, unless he isn't popular with the right for some reason. At least he has a lot of experience, but McCain picked Palin instead. Why? I'm asking you because if what you say is true, he would've picked Huckabee.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 02:43:08 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print