Poll

Who should be President and Vice President?

Obama/Biden '08
15 (34.1%)
McCain/Palin '08
14 (31.8%)
Deezer/MEGAߥTE '08
15 (34.1%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: November 05, 2008, 07:09:35 PM

Print

Author Topic: TMK Votes  (Read 60644 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2008, 10:29:41 PM »
We need oil. Eventually we need to transition to something else, but in the interim, we need oil. If there's a solution that gets gas prices back down to something reasonable while also making us less dependent on enemy nations, I think a few frightened moose are an acceptable price to pay for that. Besides, most proposals have us drilling into ANWR kinda sideways, so the animals probably wouldn't even notice.

As for the aerial wolf hunting thing, I don't see how it's that much worse than regular wolf hunting. I think it's mostly the fact that wolves look so much like doggies.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2008, 12:21:12 AM »
Mostly that it's totally unnecessary, and she just rides around and shoots them for no reason except to shoot them. People that do things without any good reason (because you feel like it is not a good reason) don't get high marks in my book.
That was a joke.

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2008, 12:36:45 AM »
How dare she shoot innocent animals (wolves no less) from the safety of her plane? I disliked Palin's actions before but I had no idea she was an animal killer. This is inexcusable and I am voting for Obama in November. I am both angry and glad this came up because now I can make my decision without any regrets.

How can anyone support her after she pulled something like this? Have you no shame? Those were innocent animals she gunned down, and without reason either. They weren't attacking her, nor did she need them for food. She claims she did it for "predator control." Yeah, screw that. Haven't wolves been roaming in Alaska for thousands of years? If the people there can't put up with it they should move out of Alaska. I looked this info up and it says that she also offered 150 dollars to anyone who hacked off a wolf's paw and brought it in. How cold hearted is that?! I hate hunting with a passion and now I have even less respect for Palin than I did before.

****. I don't know how I'll be able to forgive her for this. All I feel is complete and utter rage. I don't want anyone that would voluntarily kill innocent wolves for sport or "predator control" in office. This is just horrible.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 10:49:07 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2008, 07:50:26 AM »
If it's true that she was killing wolves for no reason than I agree with PL that it is very wrong.  Although I don't even think it's true because I haven't heard it anywhere than here.  Maybe if someone posts a "ligit" link to an article or something I'll believe it.  Killing animals for no reason is wrong but hunting is not.  Think of deer,  if humans and other animals didn't hunt and kill deer (to eat of course) than there would be so much deer that they would eat most of the plants in the forest, which will make them and other hervavores in the forest starve, there would also be so much of their crap around that it would cause disease.  Hunting is not a bad thing if you plan on using your kill for a good purpose, it's good to limit the population of the forest because if we didn't than lots of bad things could happen to the animals and plants inside it.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2008, 08:38:42 AM »
Can you even eat wolf meat? If not, and if the wolf population really did need to be reduced, then I don't see a problem with hunting them from a safe vantage point.

Anyway, if you don't want to vote for someone who kills things, have fun voting for the guy who voted against the Induced Infant Liability Act three times, including one time (scroll down to number 1) when the language of the bill was effectively identical to the federal Born Alive Infants Act, which he said he would have voted for.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 08:59:50 AM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2008, 08:53:54 AM »
Palin voluntarily murdered the wolves with her own hands. Obama casted a vote. I'm still voting for Obama.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2008, 09:01:42 AM »
I can't find any proof that she did, but even if she did, human life is weightier than wolf life.

Roger Taney didn't personally kill anyone, but the piece of paper he wrote pretty much caused the Civil War. Obama is the one who said "Don't tell me words don't matter."
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 09:18:43 AM by CrossEyed7 »

« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2008, 09:04:31 AM »
Yes, but which is worse? Voluntarily killing something with your own hands or voting on a proposed bill? Yes, what Obama did was wrong (even people who support abortion have to find something wrong with that) but I've gotta vote for someone. Not voting is foolish.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2008, 09:11:14 AM »
Then vote for a third party. Your vote for Obama or McCain probably isn't going to matter in the end. Your state is either going red or blue, and at the end of the day, your vote will just be one of 60,000,000. Your vote will have a lot more meaning as one of a few hundred thousand for a third-party candidate. They won't win, but they will get noticed, and you'll get to vote your conscience. I think voting for a third party is actually the exact opposite of "throwing your vote away."

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2008, 01:06:47 PM »
Palin voluntarily murdered the wolves with her own hands. Obama casted a vote. I'm still voting for Obama.

human life is weightier than wolf life.
2. You can't murder animals.  They're animals.
3. Yes, he voted on a bill, that, if passed, wouldn't just be a bill anymore.  Didn't you ever watch School House Rock? 
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2008, 04:45:09 PM »
Now I want to see a bunch of School House Rock characters shoot a wolf from a plane. Oh, and sing a song about it.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2008, 07:14:11 PM »
Wait, how can you not murder animals? Humans are animals too.
That was a joke.

« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2008, 07:31:19 PM »
1.2. You can't murder animals.  They're animals.

Just because a wolf is less intelligent than a human doesn't mean it isn't alive. I am not voting for an animal killer.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2008, 07:40:04 PM »
And I'm not voting for a baby killer.

(Also, I think you should come up with a more specific guideline there, unless you really plan on not voting for anyone who has ever killed any animal).
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 07:41:39 PM by CrossEyed7 »

« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2008, 09:34:25 PM »
I'm not voting for anyone who would make it part of her policy to kill animals. Is that more specific? I forgive Palin for what she did, but I don't think I can vote for her. Your information has also influenced me to consider voting for a third party candidate, but I just don't know if that's the right decision.

CrossEyed7, I do believe this is the first thing the two of us have disagreed on. I don't like arguing against you. I hate it, actually. We normally agree on everything.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 09:39:40 PM by PaperLuigi »

Print