Poll

Who should be President and Vice President?

Obama/Biden '08
15 (34.1%)
McCain/Palin '08
14 (31.8%)
Deezer/MEGAߥTE '08
15 (34.1%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: November 05, 2008, 07:09:35 PM

Print

Author Topic: TMK Votes  (Read 60759 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2008, 10:12:31 PM »
I'm not voting for anyone who would make it part of her policy to kill animals. Is that more specific?
I pretty much get what you mean, but the stickler in me says you should probably still clarify it a bit to allow the USDA to exist (unless you're a closet PeTA supporter, in which case we've got a lot more to disagree on). "Kill animals cruelly and/or unnecessarily" would probably cover it. And that I would agree on; it's the case-by-case definitions of cruelty and necessity that we differ on.

I actually don't mind disagreeing with you that much, although you're right that it's a strange new experience (there've been a few other minor things, but obviously nothing notable enough yet for me to debate you on). If I had to get in an argument with someone, though, you're a pretty good choice. You're a good communicator, you stay civil, and all in all, it's a lot nicer than disagreeing with Chup.

Shake?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 10:18:11 PM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2008, 10:25:22 PM »
Shake. I don't support PETA. I just...don't like them.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2008, 04:31:28 AM »
Yay, we're friends again!
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2008, 12:59:23 PM »
It's good you guys are mature enough to not turn this into a "YOUR BELIFS ARE WROOOOOOONG LOLZ" argument.  It's nice your not making the mods regret their desicion to allow political disscussion. :)
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2008, 01:36:14 PM »
Um ya thats kinda the point
every

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2008, 01:51:03 PM »
The point is to talk about politics. Not "how were mature enough to talk about an arguable topic without the mods regret letting us talk about it".

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2008, 02:03:05 PM »
And I'm not voting for a baby killer.

Obama doesn't make a big deal out of abortion like Palin does. That makes him a baby killer. Sure.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2008, 04:32:03 PM »
No, in fact, he advocates it.  Abortion should be made a big deal of, especially if killing animals is.  On a related note...

Wait, how can you not murder animals? Humans are animals too.

Can you guess what this defines?

The principle of life, feeling, thought, and action in humans, regarded as a distinct entity separate from the body, and commonly held to be separable in existence from the body; the spiritual part of humans as distinct from the physical part. 

I'll give you a hint.  It's what separates us (humans) from animals (which we aren't).
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2008, 04:49:51 PM »
Can you guess what this defines?

I agree with TurtleKid.  To say that humans are just animals is to say that everyone here is no more important than....a turtle!

This should be the most sensible answer to this argument:  Killing animals other than for self defense or to eat is wrong.  Abortion is wrong because it kills humans, unborn babys are not just "skin cells".  People who support pro-death don't even think of themselves being aborted when they were a baby or their children.  I'd like to say to people who support abortion "Ok, your children first", or people who want to control the population by murdering the old "Ok, your mother and father first.".  Heartless people who support death deserve to experience the first losses.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2008, 06:02:08 PM »
So wait, you're saying that Obama goes around telling people to get abortions?
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2008, 07:23:38 PM »
I thought he was saying that Obama goes around personally aborting unborn babies.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2008, 07:45:21 PM »
He might as well be if he's voting to allow abortion; he's responsible for it whether he commits the act directly or not.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2008, 08:16:25 PM »
No, the people that decide to do it are responsible.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2008, 08:20:19 PM »
...A group of which he is a part if he's voting to allow abortion...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2008, 08:21:20 PM »
How do you figure that? He isn't making anyone else's decision for them, as far as I know.
That was a joke.

Print