Poll

Who should be President and Vice President?

Obama/Biden '08
15 (34.1%)
McCain/Palin '08
14 (31.8%)
Deezer/MEGAߥTE '08
15 (34.1%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: November 05, 2008, 07:09:35 PM

Print

Author Topic: TMK Votes  (Read 60305 times)

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2008, 08:22:18 PM »
Wait, so if you don't vehemently want to ban something, you completely and undeniably support it?
~I.S.~

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2008, 08:29:10 PM »
If you allow something wrong to happen, you might as well have done it yourself.  What I'm saying is, is that a person in power (like Obama) especially needs to lead well (which he would not).  Great responsibility with great power and all that.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2008, 08:42:34 PM »
I'm trying to understand how he's less responsible than McCain, and especially than Palin, a person who is apparently only out to fulfill her own agenda. And that baloney about allowing stuff to happen isn't logical either. "Might as well have" does by no means equal "did", and I know this is hard for you to understand, but people these days do have the right to make decisions for themselves. Abortion happened before it was legal, anyway. You're not going to stop people from doing things no matter if you "allow" it or not. Granted, a good percentage of people follow the law, but my point here is that you're not going to make everybody in the world follow it.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 08:46:22 PM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2008, 08:50:53 PM »
If you ban abortions, people are still going to have them. They'll just be back alley. And unsafe. And unsterile.

But at least it's banned, right?
~I.S.~

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2008, 09:30:46 PM »
There are laws against stealing. People still steal. Some people die in robberies. We still have laws against stealing. Because it's wrong.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2008, 06:37:36 AM »
I'm trying to understand how he's less responsible than McCain, and especially than Palin, a person who is apparently only out to fulfill her own agenda.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge McCain fan either, but at this point he's the lesser of two evils, if you will.  As for Palin, why do you think anyone would run for office if not to fulfill their own agenda?  It's certainly what Obama's doing, the difference being he doesn't seem to have a moral or economical code.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2008, 09:42:21 AM »
And Palin does? Please tell me how.
That was a joke.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2008, 09:50:12 AM »
This argument is just going in circles.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2008, 10:21:49 AM »
And Palin does? Please tell me how.

She won't tax every penny we own, and she is against abortion and homosexuality.  There's your economical and moral code (as examples).

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2008, 11:39:06 AM »
Homosexuality doesn't have anything to do with morals. It's not something you can really do anything about.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2008, 03:25:13 PM »
Beg to differ.  It is, like any other temptation people struggle with.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2008, 04:26:21 PM »
Can you give one or two actual reasons -why- homosexuality is a conscious choice? Just curious.
~I.S.~

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2008, 08:58:37 AM »
I may have been misunderstood in the past.  You can't help how you are made.  Being gay is an inclination, not a cemented part of anyone's nature.  Not being gay is a
choice you can make.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2008, 11:17:53 AM »
Go tell that to some gay people. Really, do it.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2008, 06:18:21 PM »
Turtlekid1, you should try to be gay.  Really try.  Give it a few of weeks.  Go on a date.  Watch some gay entertainment.  Look longingly into your dates eyes for several minutes.  Make out.  Enjoy it.  Want to do it again.  Be gay.

If you can force yourself to be gay, really gay, then it is a choice.  If you can't decide to be gay then someone who is gay probably can't just decide to be straight.  If you find it impossible to change your sexual orientation then stop calling others people's orientation a choice.

Do this sound like a fair challenge? 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print