Print

Author Topic: Super Promio Bros?  (Read 5478 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: May 10, 2007, 09:13:25 AM »
As nerds, most of us have a tradition of not going to prom night, unless the hottest cheerleader in school asks us (or any girl for some). We'd rather stay home, enjoy some Wi-Fi action, and be content in the fact that we just saved ourselves cash to pick up some sweet import Mario stuff. However, what if your prom theme was Super Mario Bros.? What if the nerds took over the prom? That's exactly what happened at Chelsea High School, where students remade their ballroom to reflect everything Mario Bros. The large NES controller I pictofied (after the jump) was wired to work acurrately with the original Super Mario Bros. game, which was being projected onto a nearby wall. How cool is that?

I just have one gripe: The kids that grew up with Super Mario Bros, like me, graduated a few years before our dreams could come true, oh well.

Link: thelastboss.com (Note: article uses vulgar language and content, discretion advised)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 09:20:17 AM by Super-Jesse »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 02:35:13 PM »
That's amazing. Just... wow.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 09:08:06 PM »
After the jump? What jump? Are there ads in that post or what?
That was a joke.

Matty_G33

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 10:25:40 PM »
It's not the 1st big NES controller, I saw one on that World Record Book.
Yo, I'm Matty Underscore G Thirty-Three!
And I need a freaking clue...

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 11:33:00 PM »
As nerds, most of us have a tradition of not going to prom night
Is this seriously true in some places or just a silly perpetuated stereotype?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 11:36:05 PM »
I wouldn't call it a tradition, now...

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 06:26:50 AM »
Is this seriously true in some places or just a silly perpetuated stereotype?

Nah, stereotype. I didn't go to mine because I didn't want to go. Hated the people at school and being at school, why would I want to see them try to fit in a tux?
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 08:54:14 PM »
I didn't go to prom, either.  High five!
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Print