Print

Author Topic: Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition  (Read 6747 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« on: January 08, 2015, 11:15:46 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWVA2o8edDw" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWVA2o8edDw</a>

Just announced last night, and confirmed for a western release.

For those who aren't in the know, Puzzle & Dragons is an incredibly popular puzzle RPG for iOS and Android, with several players (including myself) in #tmk. A standalone game for 3DS, Puzzle & Dragons Z, was released in Japan in December 2013, but that one still hasn't seen a western release, though GungHo America has stated it's in the works. Hopefully there aren't any issues with the Mario-based game coming out here!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 05:35:33 PM »
I'll be honest: When I first saw this video I thought it might be fake, largely because the Mario model in between the game footage is atrociously animated, and the box art consists of the same stock pictures we've been seeing since the regular DS era.

But since it's apparently real, count me on board. This game looks fun as heck, and it's as close as I'm ever gonna get to a Mario RPG where you can recruit baddies to your team.

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 11:31:03 AM »
I'm getting legit annoyed by third parties (and Nintendo's) apparent belief people will only buy third-party gaems if there's a Mario/Zelda/Animal Crossing skin on it.

The Ultimate Mario Fan

• The_Ultimate_Long_Name
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 09:39:12 PM »
I honestly wish they released this game as a separate release.  I mean come on, I don't want Puzzle & Dragons Z, I just want my Mario.
Ciao paisanos! If we can unstop a stop, we can stop the unstoppable!  (Σ(:o}D
(Also know as The_Ultimate_Mario_Fan or TUMF.)

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 11:02:14 PM »
No one's forcing you to play it, man. Just play the Mario half.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 04:31:30 AM »
I on the other hand actually do want P&DZ. Especially after playing the P&DZSMBE demo. It's pretty inventive and challenging to boot. I would imagine it works a hell of a lot better as an original property since you're not restricted to a handful of Mario baddies and such.

PS: "P&D" sounds like a sexual euphemism.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 06:40:04 AM »
Are you seriously complaining that you get a much longer second game as a bonus in a retail release that already costs $10 less than usual?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 11:20:16 AM »
I'm getting legit annoyed by third parties (and Nintendo's) apparent belief people will only buy third-party gaems if there's a Mario/Zelda/Animal Crossing skin on it.
Yeah, you're right, surely people are more open-minded than that?

I don't want Puzzle & Dragons Z, I just want my Mario.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print