Print

Author Topic: White Yoshi in SMA2  (Read 8833 times)

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2012, 01:15:09 PM »
It's also possible that the Yoshi data is stored as something like a 4-bit number, with each bit representing the powers it has: 1 for a normal green Yoshi, 2 for fire, 4 for stomp, and 8 for flying (So fire+stomp would give you 6).  Thus they could get a unique value for any combination of powers.  Which wouldn't come into play (you'd only get a Yoshi of value 1, 2, 4, or 8), unless you add into that the shell colors.  You treat shells the same way, and simply take the boolean OR result of the two (Yoshi color OR shell color) and you end up with whatever powers either had.  Thus a red Yoshi (2) holding a blue shell (8) would have the combined value of 10.

But that's all just a guess.
Go Moon!

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2012, 02:05:55 PM »
If you still have it after a save & quit (or even after finishing the level), and it doesn't behave exactly like a normal Yoshi that's just discolored, it sounds to me like it was probably meant to be in there but was scrapped. But The Cutting Room Floor doesn't have anything about it.

I wouldn't have thought so, it's a good theory but it doesn't explain the glitchy graphic it has on the world map.

The only possible theory, I feel, is that it's just a test sprite of some sort that has appeared via a freak combination of gameplay events in a certain level, but the fact that it isn't logged on the Cutting Room Floor website is very interesting.
White Elephant

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2012, 02:49:26 PM »
Fifth is probably right.

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2012, 03:32:02 PM »
Try the same "freak combination of gameplay events" on an emulator.
VVVERExSTFJCQVM=

Print