Print

Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS release dates and price drop announced  (Read 6932 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: July 28, 2011, 10:39:26 PM »
Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7, previously known only as Super Mario and Mario Kart, respectively, will both launch this holiday season in North America. Super Mario 3D Land is currently scheduled for a November release, while Mario Kart 7 will arrive sometime in December. Both games have the same release schedule in Japan as well.

Nintendo of America also announced today that the Nintendo 3DS will drop in price from $249.99 to $169.99 on August 12. Along with the price drop, Nintendo has started a "Nintendo 3DS Ambassador" program for early adopters. Nintendo 3DS owners who connect to the eShop before August 12 (Eastern time) will automatically become Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors, and will qualify for 10 free NES and 10 free GBA Virtual Console games. The free games, available by the end of 2011, include Super Mario Bros., Donkey Kong Jr., Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$, and Mario vs. Donkey Kong. For more information about the 3DS Ambassador program, please see the NOA press release.

Links:
NOA press release
NCL announcement
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 11:40:33 PM by Deezer »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 05:00:17 PM »
Wow, I didn't think anybody outside of Square-Enix still had the balls to release a game with "7" in the title. Well, it's a superstitiously-pleasing number, so whatever. At least it doesn't have "3D" in the name.

Anyway... yeah, my friend gave me the heads-up about this a few days ago. It doesn't affect me, seeing as I had the sense to not buy a 3DS at launch, and I don't even plan on buying one at all. However, my brother did, and being of the mind that $70 =/= a bunch of games he (and probably any Nintendo fan; i.e. presumably the bulk of preorderers) already owns in one form or another, he's ****ed at best. Personally, though, I think it's an okay reimbursement, but like I said, it's no skin off my nose either way.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 05:04:08 PM »
The value of all those games - considering what Nintendo would charge for the NES games if they were paid downloads, and assuming a rather conservative estimate of around five dollars per GBA game - is still well over the amount that the price has been cut.

Whether people actually care about any/all the games being offered is another matter.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 05:32:30 PM »
Wow, I didn't think anybody outside of Square-Enix still had the balls to release a game with "7" in the title.

Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 05:34:42 PM »
I was seriously going to mention that, but I figured there was some unwritten exception for minigame collections.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 07:53:27 AM »
   NINTENDO GETS FIRED UP FOR THE HOLIDAYS WITH NEW FLAME RED NINTENDO 3DS
http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=30145
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 11:49:53 AM »
I love it when press releases create the impression that corporations are capable of any sort of seasonally-relevant emotional decisions. At least they're not BRINGING IN THE HOLIDAYS with an ARCTIC BLUE NINTENDO 3DS.

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 02:47:22 PM »
NINTENDO REMEMBERS MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. DAY WITH NEW PROUD EBONY 3DS
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 09:50:41 PM »
NINTENDO COMMERATES COLUMBUS DAY BY TAKING MILLIONS OF NINTENDO 3DS SYSTEMS AND DISTRIBUTING GAME BOYS

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 10:44:28 PM »
On Facebook, they said the red one is "just in time for summer."

It comes out a week and a half before the autumnal equinox.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 11:48:46 PM »
NINTENDO CELEBRATES THE LIFE AND MUSIC OF DENNIS WILSON WITH NEW PACIFIC OCEAN BLUE NINTENDO 3DS

Okay, I'm done.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print