Print

Author Topic: The Silly Mario Fan Theories Thread  (Read 188874 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #105 on: December 25, 2011, 01:00:53 AM »
playing this for laughs

Thread title, beeyotch

I think it's reasonable to believe that Bowser Jr. was simply too young for the gritty world of stealing princesses up until SMS, and that characters age on a need-to-grow basis. Yoshi (and Kamek?) didn't age while the babies grew up, Donkey Kong and Jr. grew into Cranky and Donkey Kong With A Tie while Mario wasn't looking, and Bowser Jr. experienced a little growth for himself (his kart class change between Double Dash!! and Mario Kart Wii, his voice change). Cartoon physics, cartoon logic.

That said, Yoshi's Island DS happened in the Link Failed timeline

And Ganondorf stole some babies, Bowser got jealous, carried out his own plan involving babies
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2011, 06:56:42 PM »
The koopa kids from Mario Party were genetically cloned from Bowser's DNA.

He made his clones children so they wouldn't try to overthrow him.
"Floor ice cream gives you health!" - Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2012, 07:30:21 PM »
Two theories about where Gaz's Geno doll came from:

Geno is the lead character on the Mushroom World's equivalent of Zatch Bell, which is also very popular amongst Toad children.

or

Geno is literally the Mushroom Kingdom's equivalent of Pinocchio, and is thus considered an icon in their culture.

And here's some others:

The green Koopa Troopa we see in all the Mario spin-off games is actually Koopa T. Quick.
He still never passes up a chance to compete with Mario.

The red Paratroopa we see in all the Mario spin-off games is Koopa T. Quick's twin brother.
They're like Mario and Luigi, except Koopa Troopas.

The Dry Bones we see in all the Mario spin-off games is actually a dead famous Koopa athlete who didn't want to stop competing.
Guess his unfinished business will never be finished.

The Goomba in Mario Superstar Baseball and Mario Super Sluggers is actually the same one from the shop in Monstro Town.
He was especially close with Bowser, if you remember correctly. Also his name was literally "Goomba". There seems to be one of these for every species. Wouldn't surprise me if there was a guy named "Human" running around.

The Lakitu in Mario Kart is the same one that holds the camera in SM64.

Which leads into:

The red-shelled Lakitu in MK7 is the other half of the Lakitu Bros.
Notice how we only see the green-shelled one in SM64 even though his dialog indicates there's more than one of him and that they're apparently called "the Lakitu Bros.". The one with the red shell is the one we don't see, and his job is driving the news van.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2012, 07:39:32 PM »
Are we to presume that there is a Lakitu holding the camera in the other 3D games too? And maybe also in the 2D games?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2012, 08:58:35 PM »
I guess you could if you wanted to, but there's nothing to really indicate that in the actual games. SM64 is the only one where we're explicitly introduced to the Lakitu Bros. and told they're the ones filming the action.

« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2012, 10:06:03 PM »
Isn't Koopa the Quick considerably larger than Mario? If I remember correctly, he's nearly the same size as Bowser in SM64, which isn't the case in any spin-offs.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2012, 10:13:41 PM »
Well, he was last seen on Tiny-Huge Island, so maybe he fell through a shrinking pipe at some point before coming back.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2012, 01:43:20 AM »
The red Paratroopa we see in all the Mario spin-off games is Koopa T. Quick's twin brother.
They're like Mario and Luigi, except Koopa Troopas.

That Paratroopa's a girl
Why not

The red-shelled Lakitu in MK7 is the other half of the Lakitu Bros.
Notice how we only see the green-shelled one in SM64 even though his dialog indicates there's more than one of him and that they're apparently called "the Lakitu Bros.". The one with the red shell is the one we don't see, and his job is driving the news van.

They're both in SM64.
A Lakitu, with a camera, appears at the beginning (I've actually forgotten what he's flippin' out about, I haven't read the text in years), and it can't be him holding the camera at that time.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #113 on: January 10, 2012, 07:29:10 AM »
That said, Yoshi's Island DS happened in the Link Failed timeline

And Ganondorf stole some babies, Bowser got jealous, carried out his own plan involving babies
That also may explain the Link baby found in the opening. (Google it!)

A

« Reply #114 on: January 10, 2012, 04:46:58 PM »
Link is the Luigi from Galaxy
Link is just what happens to Luigi when he gets the Triforce of Courage
Evidence: Link, Luigi, Left-handed
Luigi is normally right-handed, but the Galaxy Luigi is a mirror image of him
This is why Link was in Mario RPG and Luigi was not

Luigi is also L
"I was going to post and say "I have one of those!" because I recognized the hair immediately, but then the rest of the pic loaded and I nearly spit my drink out."
1-800-COLLECT: SAVE A BUCK OR TWO!!

« Reply #115 on: January 10, 2012, 08:24:07 PM »
Luigi was in the end credits of Mario RPG. He was leading the parade.
"Floor ice cream gives you health!" - Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising.

« Reply #116 on: January 10, 2012, 09:55:10 PM »
He was debatably the mysterious voice behind the house directly infront of Mushroom Castle. Pity it was only useful up through Star Hill (should that be in spoilers..? It's been 16 years..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2012, 11:05:57 PM »
I dunno where people get the idea that the hint giver is Luigi. There's nothing in the game to indicate it and no official materials have ever implied it either.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #118 on: January 10, 2012, 11:58:54 PM »
I pretty much always thought of the mystery hint giver voice as a woman. I also sometimes thought it was one of the Toads living in that house.

« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2012, 01:15:12 AM »
Endless Things (enemies, hammers, etc) and Where They are Stored
This is a theory I've had for years, that I affectionately call the Subspace Theory. This is where all endless items are stored (Spiny eggs, hammers, Koopa Shells, etc) until they are needed. This is how an enemy (such as Lakitu and the Hammer Bros) are able to seemingly have endless ammo: they just reach into their bags/back pockets and pull out the item.

I'm not talking about the Subspace from SMB2 (though I imagine that's similar to what it looks like) or from Brawl. It's more similar to the one mentioned in Scott Pilgrim, and could also be applied to anime and other media (Where do anime girls keep those giant hammers they are known to conk people with!?)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print