Print

Author Topic: New Mario Kart, 3D Mario games shown in Nintendo Switch preview video  (Read 10158 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: October 20, 2016, 08:48:49 PM »
During the much-anticipated reveal of Nintendo's next console, officially named the "Nintendo Switch," two new Mario games were unveiled today.

The first was a Mario Kart game in the style of Mario Kart 8, but with King Boo included as a racer and two item slots instead of one. Two players were shown racing in the "GCN Yoshi Circuit" course.

The second was a 3D platformer with the camera positioned behind Mario. In the footage, Mario showed off his triple jump and long jump abilities, and narrowly avoided a Bullet Bill.

It wasn't mentioned if the Mario games shown were tech demos or previews of actual games, but with the Nintendo Switch releasing in March, there's a good chance we'll find out soon either way.

Screen captures from YouTube video.

Link: First Look at Nintendo Switch (YouTube)

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 01:36:37 PM »
Mario the Plumbhog looks poised to collect some gold rings in that last shot.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 02:00:14 PM »
Hopefully we'll get a Direct for Switch games soon. The 3D Mario game looks extremely interesting (Note that the camera has moved to behind Mario's back and the level appears be explorable) and if this game, Mario Kart (8? 8.1? 10?), and the rumored Super Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch all are launch titles, this will probably justify a day 1 buy for a lot of people, especially those who felt burned by the Wii U.

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 02:34:35 PM »
Nintendo stated that no further Switch or Switch game details will be announced in 2016.

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 10:17:44 PM »
Nintendo stated that no further Switch or Switch game details will be announced in 2016.

They also said that the footage may not be in the final game.
Bowser impostor in 5-4, Japanese god in real life!

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 11:08:09 PM »
It was 3rd most watched that day.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 05:47:01 PM »
Wha?

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 04:53:43 PM »
A (supposed) leaked image of an internal Switch game list at a German retailer shows several games on the list, including Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, and Dragon Quest X

From Nintendo Today.

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 02:30:30 PM »
While I don't think ports are out of the question, I find it laughable that anyone ever thought that they were showing footage of Mario Kart 8 in the original teaser.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 03:45:04 PM »
Yeah, those stupid people. Thinking a game with Mario Kart 8's graphics, track, and UI was Mario Kart 8. Dumbheads.

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 10:07:45 PM »
All I'm saying is that the differences sort of tipped me off. I also wrote that shortly after reading an article that outright said it was Mario Kart 8, redefining the similarities to fit some sort of "lol Nintendo Switch is just ports" narrative.

Edit: I wasn't expecting or trying to push buttons with my previous post, but it seems that any time I post here without a paragraph's worth of context, I get on people's nerves, lol. I realize what was meant, I just don't think the level of additions being included in the port (or possibly otherwise) constitute it being classified as the exact same game. Is that naive? Eh, I don't particularly care.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 06:45:53 AM by Bigluigifan1.0 »
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2017, 11:18:52 PM »
While I don't think ports are out of the question, I find it laughable that anyone ever thought that they were showing footage of Mario Kart 8 in the original teaser.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-2MrYlm-io" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-2MrYlm-io</a>

edit: taken down guess they were saving it
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 12:12:29 AM by bobbysq1337 »

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2017, 11:39:18 PM »
It will be impossible for me to explain what I meant at this point, so I won't. Please, everyone dump on me until my initial post is no longer relevant.
I'm a horrible person.

Print