Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy 2  (Read 101132 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 10:24:17 PM »
Brain, there were no evil Koopa Troopas in Super Mario 64. There was Koopa the Quick, and very scarce, harmless Koopas you could brutally mug.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 10:54:54 PM »
Since touching those Koopas would hurt you, wouldn't that essentially make them enemies though? Besides, they were meant to be jumped on, and players still got that point despite their bipedalism.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 01:01:52 PM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 11:09:25 PM »
I just said they were harmless. Koopas did not hurt you in Super Mario 64, as far as I know.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2009, 11:18:53 PM »
Perhaps I'm mistaken. So sue me.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 11:45:59 PM »
I don't remember them actively trying to attack you, but I'm pretty sure touching them on your own hurt you.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2009, 11:52:37 PM »
I think they do hurt you.
That was a joke.

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2009, 12:18:51 AM »
BP, thou hast been royally pwnt by the majority. LOLOLOLOLOL.

Anyways, I'm hoping that SMG2's level layouts won't be quite as linear as its predecessor. As cool as being blasted from one miniscule space-rock to the next is, it severely cuts down on the game's explorability factor.

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2009, 07:31:24 AM »
What Weegee said.  And no, they didn't hurt you or actively attack you, they just stunned you briefly when you walked into one.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2009, 07:55:14 AM »
Brain, there were no evil Koopa Troopas in Super Mario 64. There was Koopa the Quick, and very scarce, harmless Koopas you could brutally mug.
I never said they were enemies. But, as most everyone has agreed, they can deal damage, however scare they were (then again, I can't 100% confirm that--as far as I can remember, there were only two Koopas in SM64 and both made a break for it when you got near them).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2009, 08:39:33 AM »
I just tested it right now to clear up any confusion. jdaster64 is correct: they just stun you when you walk into them.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2009, 01:36:10 PM »
Anyways, I'm hoping that SMG2's level layouts won't be quite as linear as its predecessor. As cool as being blasted from one miniscule space-rock to the next is, it severely cuts down on the game's explorability factor.
Reggie or someone said that it's going to be harder/less linear. Granted, the man's not exactly a wellspring of honesty, but it makes sense to me.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2009, 05:16:26 PM »
According to Fils-Aime, Animal Crossing is a game targetted at those hardcore mature gamers.

If he wanted to properly troll them, he'd make the game harder than a power-upless, sped-up, Lost Levels plathrough.

Also, Yoshi still dissolves in water just to stick it to the Sunshine haters.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2009, 09:51:17 PM »
Also, Yoshi still dissolves in water just to stick it to the Sunshine haters.

Wow, I actually didn't expect them to stick with that idea. I really don't understand why they don't want Yoshi to swim in Super Mario Galaxy 2. I mean, Yoshi swims in every Mario Party. In Super Mario Sunshine, it stated that Delfino Yoshis were afraid of the water, so that's an explanation to why you can't go into the water with them. Why can't he swim in Super Mario Galaxy 2? That only limits the puzzles and challenges that can be put in the game. Let's just hope that you can do the same Yoshi tricks that you can do in Sunshine.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 10:07:18 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2009, 10:04:57 PM »
I'm awaiting the return of SMW's famed "Yoshi Launch", with which you could gain considerable air at the expense of your helpless green friend:

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2009, 10:06:34 PM »
I am talking about damage, you tools. When you touch a Koopa in SM64, Mario says "oof" (not even the standard "HOULGH!!") and stands back. What do you do when you run into someone? Cripes. I am so "royally pwnt," yeah. Weegee, with all due respect, I think I hate you. A lot.

And Wiggles, you gotta be joking... please...
It's YOUR problem!

Print