Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy 2  (Read 99323 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #150 on: February 25, 2010, 10:25:12 AM »

No more UR MR GAY.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #151 on: February 25, 2010, 10:49:51 AM »
Aw man.  Super Mario Universe would have been a natural progression over Galaxy.  Might as well name it Super Mario 64 4.

« Reply #152 on: February 25, 2010, 02:47:04 PM »
What are some good games that have been released for Wii, DS, and/or PS2 that aren't shovelware?

Wii:
Dewy's Adventure
A Boy and His Blob
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Data East Collection
Little King's Story
de Blob
Deadly Creatures
House of the Dead Overkill
Tatsunoko vs Capcom

DS and PS2: Are you kidding me? These two have a backlog of gems its nearly impossible to not find something good for each one.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #153 on: February 25, 2010, 02:57:38 PM »
And a lot of really great games on both the DS and PS2 can be had for ten dollars or less each. So budget isn't really an issue either.

(Also for Wii: Blast Works, Castle of Shikigami III, and maybe Ultimate Shooting Collection.)

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #154 on: February 25, 2010, 04:26:40 PM »
May 23rd it is then.

Judging by that awesome trailer at GT, it looks to be absolutely phenomenal, completely one-upping the first one with huge levels and bigger bosses. I'm definitely hyped now.

Oh, one more thing...

HNNNNNGGGGG, another Sunshine-inspired level. Can't wait to visit this one.

Have you seen at the left of the screen?? There is a Lakitu near to the statue! *o*
I love lakitu!! I also saw spiny in the gameplay videos!!

This new chapter of Mario galaxy is going to be awesome and better than the first one, I bet! *_*

I must wait untill the 11th of June to get it, anyway.... ;_;

There are also going to be many exams this summer...Well, if I fail it will be all the Super Mario Galaxy 2's fault! >:D
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

« Reply #155 on: February 25, 2010, 05:22:10 PM »
Have you seen at the left of the screen?? There is a Lakitu near to the statue! *o*

*squints* Dang, you're right, I think.  Sweeet.  Chances of buying this game are now up to 9/10.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #156 on: February 25, 2010, 05:45:35 PM »
I love lakitu!! I also saw spiny in the gameplay videos!!

Huh, good eye.  I hadn't noticed that.  Now, how cool would it be if it were possible to ride around in Lakitu's cloud once you beat him, like in the 2D games?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #157 on: February 25, 2010, 07:19:07 PM »
YES.

...But U R MI AY just isn't the same...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #158 on: February 25, 2010, 08:03:55 PM »
What if that one sparkle is supposed to be on both A and L, spelling UR MI ALY? Like "You are my ally", talking to Yoshi?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #159 on: February 25, 2010, 11:26:29 PM »
Now that you mentioned "ur mi aly", it's the only thing I can interpret it as. There's something "aw, cute" about the ally maybe being Yoshi. Or maybe you, because you're the one helping Mario.

If they had made it Mario Galaxy X, they might have been able to come up with "ur my alyx". Our resident Gordon Freeman nutjob fan would probably like that.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #160 on: February 25, 2010, 11:51:18 PM »
Wii:
Dewy's Adventure
A Boy and His Blob
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Data East Collection
Little King's Story
de Blob
Deadly Creatures
House of the Dead Overkill
Tatsunoko vs Capcom

DS and PS2: Are you kidding me? These two have a backlog of gems its nearly impossible to not find something good for each one.

And a lot of really great games on both the DS and PS2 can be had for ten dollars or less each. So budget isn't really an issue either.

(Also for Wii: Blast Works, Castle of Shikigami III, and maybe Ultimate Shooting Collection.)

Awesome. Thank you, gentlemen.

Back to topic: SMG2 looks awesome.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #161 on: February 26, 2010, 01:31:24 AM »
There was another thing I had mentioned here before:

Everyone had a literal meltdown when the original trailer had MIDI music in it. I was extremely doubtful that Nintendo would just give us the shaft and take out the orchestrated music... and whaddya know... the new trailer has the orchestrated version of the first trailer's MIDI music... and they made an announcement that the Mario Galaxy Orchestra would be coming back in full force to be in the final product.

Funny.
Formerly quite reasonable.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #162 on: February 26, 2010, 08:32:03 AM »
Demo levels:

- Sky Station Galaxy
- Spin-Dig Galaxy
- Hightail Falls Galaxy
- Tall Trunk Galaxy
- Upside Dizzy Galaxy
- Bowser Jr's Fiery Flotilla
- Supermassive Galaxy
- Bowser Jr.'s Fearsome Fleet
- Flip-Swap Galaxy
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #163 on: February 26, 2010, 11:06:08 AM »
Looks amazing! I had plans to buy it before, but now I'm even more excited to play it.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #164 on: February 26, 2010, 04:29:13 PM »
Demo levels:

- Sky Station Galaxy
- Spin-Dig Galaxy
- Hightail Falls Galaxy
- Tall Trunk Galaxy
- Upside Dizzy Galaxy
- Bowser Jr's Fiery Flotilla
- Supermassive Galaxy
- Bowser Jr.'s Fearsome Fleet
- Flip-Swap Galaxy

Where did you find/see a demo? Also, couldn't they just have called it the Giant Land Galaxy? Supermassive Galaxy sounds weird.. (yet fun, of course)

edit:fixed a slight typo that I made twice
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 06:31:37 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print