Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy 2  (Read 100775 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2009, 10:11:20 PM »
I'm awaiting the return of SMW's famed "Yoshi Launch", with which you could gain considerable air at the expense of your helpless green friend:

You can do that in Super Mario Sunshine too, but you don't go nearly as high as in Super Mario World when you do it. If you use it right in Sunshine, you can do pretty incredible things.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2009, 12:52:47 AM »
Yes BP, that was the joke.

It was a follow up on how they could make the game super hardcore.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2009, 07:36:08 AM »
I kind of figured that because there's been one trailer released for the game and Yoshi never touches water in it...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2009, 09:06:36 AM »
Yeah, I guess it's a confidence issue whether enemies hurt you, haha.

Goombas hurt you because they jump and they're like "COME HERE MARIO." The Koopas in SM64 are apparently very scared of you, so they won't hurt you.

Every time I think of the friggin' Koopas in SM64, I always think about how the first thing he does at Bob-omb Battlefield is "glitch" up the wall where he's walking around so you keep sliding on your stomach every time you try and jump for him.... and the one at Tiny-Huge Island that instantly runs to the edge of the cliff and keeps running in place at his invisible wall prompting you to chase the blue coin down the slope when you jump on him... Either that, or he somehow manages to get unstuck from the invisible wall and run away while you fall down the slope.

Oh, Mr. Wiggles, there are three now that I think about it. 1 in Bob-omb Battlefield, 2 in Tiny-Huge Island, one for when you're big, one for when you're small.
Formerly quite reasonable.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2009, 10:27:03 AM »
Yeah, except the one that appears when you're big is so small he's unable to let you use his shell.

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2009, 10:58:20 AM »
Yeah. Don't punch or kick him away either, unless you like chasing after blue coins.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2009, 02:12:27 PM »
I typically kick the crap out of them because they freeze in their animation and soar away from me on some low trajectory then promptly explode which I find relatively hilarious.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2009, 03:12:06 PM »
I always used to try and see how far I could punch the tiny Goomba that appears when you start the level in "huge" mode.

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2009, 03:51:35 PM »
Wow, I actually didn't expect them to stick with that idea. I really don't understand why they don't want Yoshi to swim in Super Mario Galaxy 2. I mean, Yoshi swims in every Mario Party. In Super Mario Sunshine, it stated that Delfino Yoshis were afraid of the water, so that's an explanation to why you can't go into the water with them. Why can't he swim in Super Mario Galaxy 2? That only limits the puzzles and challenges that can be put in the game. Let's just hope that you can do the same Yoshi tricks that you can do in Sunshine.

To make it even more mysterious, for those who don't know, the sprite data for the never used Yoshi feature in SM64, was found in Wet-Dry Land.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2009, 09:09:11 PM »
Unused Yoshi feature in SM64? I've never heard of that...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2009, 09:15:02 PM »
In the Rewind trailer for Galaxy 2, Bozon and Casamassina both said, "Lol, it's weird that after beating each other up in Smash Bros., Yoshi wouldn't have any problem with Mario jumping on him and everything."

Buuuut.... Mario rode Yoshi in Sunshine and they killed each other in Bros. 64 and Melee... and they've partied, ridden go-karts, etc. since then, also... so why is this time so different?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2009, 09:17:14 PM »
Because those guys are dumb and just trying to think of things to say.
That was a joke.

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2009, 09:20:50 PM »
You can't spell ignorance without IGN.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2009, 09:26:21 PM »
To make it even more mysterious, for those who don't know, the sprite data for the never used Yoshi feature in SM64, was found in Wet-Dry Land.

Source please? Not to question your honesty, but such a claim is dubious at best.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2009, 09:27:53 PM »
Yeah, I kinda don't like any of them. I do, however, kinda like Casamassina. He tells people what the game is like and what's really on his mind... but he says it in such a nice tone. AVGN is relatively funny, but would never pass as a reviewer at a ign.com or wherever (in character, at least).

We need a reviewer that is right in between Matt Casamassina and James Rolfe.

Print