Print

Author Topic: The entire Mario anime movie for your viewing pleasure  (Read 8711 times)

The Chef

• Super
« on: March 29, 2007, 05:57:52 PM »
Yep. It's been a while since I made a topic, so I thought I'd share this with my fellow Mario nuts here at the FF.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7

Either later or tomorrow I'll do my own in-depth analysis of the movie. Until then, enjoy it.

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 06:51:11 PM »
Hopefully whoever uploaded the videos can get someone else to fan sub it.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 09:28:16 PM »
Pretty neat, but... I don't speak Japanese. I personally think subtitles may be a better way of translating it should a translation be done.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 03:17:28 PM »
Without the subtitles, you can kind of get the general idea of what's going on.

I'd prefer it be dubbed, as it's hard for me to get into a movie that has so many words. It's like watching a book try to get up and walk around.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 07:51:06 PM »
I like subtitles. I can read them and watch at the same time.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 11:46:36 PM »
Awesome movie, but the ending ruined it for me.  After all that stuff Mario went through.  And I liked that dog, until the end. :(
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 12:49:06 AM »
That's exactly-- exactly what I thought.

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 07:08:11 AM »
Those video sequences have been up on YouTube for quite a while...
Anyone who's a member on <a href="http://www.deviantart.com/>deviantART[/url], AND has <a href="http://sigurdhosenfeld.deviantart.com/journal/>Sigurd Von Hosenfeld's galley's journal[/url] on +devWatch would've already known about it...

However, it was soooo much fun actually and finally watching that old anime, despite its crude appearance...
I really wish someone would re-release the whole thing on DVD or something...
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 10:57:13 AM »
Well, I only recently discovered it, and apparently nobody else here knew about it. It also appears that I completely forgot about that analysis I promised. >_<

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 04:45:57 PM »
Oh, I've known about it for a little while.  I was just never able to find the whole thing.

Here's my comment for the movie as a whole: A must see for any die-hard Mario fan.  You don't need to understand Japanese to enjoy this, as the characters' actions give us, as Toad said, a general idea of what's going on.
That's all I want to say.  I don't want to spoil the movie anymore than I already have.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 05:38:01 PM »
You don't have to worry about spoiling it. I'm pretty sure anybody who bothers to post in here actually watched it. One of the main reasons I made the topic was to discuss the movie.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 07:30:51 PM »
The whole thing was only recently uploaded. There were pieces on YouTube before, but not the entire thing.
That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 09:16:05 AM »
I guess the next step is to get it without a giant watermark.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 05:50:44 PM »
Yeah, but if you're watching the movie, the watermark isn't all that distracting.

Though, that is part of why I don't watch TV anymore. All these stations with their logos on the bottom left/right hand corner, and then the moving parts that are just a banner for some weird advertisement that they are doing..

It makes me very glad sometimes that I don't have cable at my apartment. So I don't have to watch the ugly logo parade.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2007, 07:23:52 PM »
Wow, you get forced to watch TV if you have cable?
That was a joke.

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 08:32:17 PM »
No, I just get so sick of turning on the TV, and seeing a logo on every single channel.

It drives me crazy.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2007, 12:36:07 PM »
I guess the next step is to get it without a giant watermark.
Nah.  The next step would be the fansub.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2007, 04:38:26 PM »
That's assuming the dubs aren't B-movie quality junk.

Oh, and Toad, that's annoying, but not all channels have it. USA, TBS and their affiliates are the worst, but the majority either don't have ads at the bottom or, if they do, they're unintrusive.
every

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2007, 08:53:23 AM »
Hehe... I already have found them and downloaded them about a month or more ago (with Javimoya, yet YoutubeX is better, yet I did not know about YoutubeX until more recently)!
And if the anime movie is not enough...

Momotaro 1
Momotaro 2
Issunboshi 1
Issunboshi 2
Snow White 1
Snow White 2
Furikake commercial (So they are not phone cards!)

*smiles like Storo*

(Note: The reason why I smiled like Storo is because that is how I feel. Please no controversy about that.)

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2007, 09:38:40 PM »
I so have to see those. But with a connection speed of a measly 26.4k, it's not going to be easy. I guess I'll kill time by reading some old issues of NP or putting a coat of polish on the next chapter of LAS3 or something. Oh, there's always Pokémon Pearl.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2007, 11:16:08 PM »
Thank you, Hula Guy.  I've been wanting to see that OVA since the day I first heard of its existence.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2007, 10:21:51 AM »
Looks like the SMB Information Station commentary needs to be revised.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2007, 01:53:10 PM »
Whatever happened to Koopaprince anyway? The site just went six feet under one day and never came back.....

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2007, 04:36:14 PM »
The first five minutes of the anime movie translated!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvH8UasXTUo
According to the comments, the translation is not perfect.  One commenter says that " Anata no tomodachi?" means "Are these your friends?", instead of "Is this gonna end soon?"  Ah well, it's the only translation I could find, not that we didn't already have a good enough idea of what's going on without translation.

I'd actually like to see the fairy tales translated, since they relied so heavily on narration.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2007, 06:23:29 PM »
"Anata no tomodachi?" actually does mean "Are these your friends?" Anata is one way of saying "you" (my dictionary says it's feminine, so it means a female "you"), and tomodachi can mean "friend". The no marker makes the tomodachi belong to anata (like "Yoshi's Cookie" in Japan is "Yoshi no Cookie"), thus making the statement literally mean "your friend(s)?" which is equvilent to "Are these your friends?"

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2007, 09:52:00 PM »
YouTube deleted part one. :(  Jerks.

Here's another part 1
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2007, 11:37:17 PM »
Thank you, Hula Guy.  I've been wanting to see that OVA since the day I first heard of its existence.
The same applies to me, too.
Did you know that the uploader had no idea of the popularity of these OVAs?

Tendo

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2007, 06:55:10 PM »
Mario anime.... huh, even If it was English I couldn't understand Mario
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 06:56:55 PM by Tendo »
I Wanna Pway the TENDO!

Print