Print

Author Topic: Super Paper Mario U.S. release date set  (Read 5481 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: February 12, 2007, 03:17:51 PM »
Nintendo announced today that Super Paper Mario will release in the U.S. on April 9th. Mario's paper platforming adventure is developed by Intelligent Systems, who previously brought us Paper Mario and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 04:38:06 PM »
Aw, man! I already used all my store credit to reserve Pokemon Pearl. I'll just have to rent it.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 05:34:01 PM »
The backgrounds in that underground zone are just so cheap, lol.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 05:50:17 PM »
SPM seems interesting at first, but I don't think it combines enough elements of either genre (RPG or platformer) to make it all too fun. Also, the gameplay looks rather slow.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 11:16:01 PM »
Looks about as "slow" as other Mario platformers. Plus it has exciting new elements.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 11:39:42 PM »
The relative slowness is one of the things I like about Mario platformers.  I like to take the time to explore and find new things.  I loved all the hidden stuff in SMB.  On the other hand, most Sonic games to me are mostly running through memorized levels.  That's not what I call fun.

The interactive battles in Mario RPGs is what makes them great to me.  I don't understand why more RPGs don't have defensive or attack moves like the Mario RPGs.  These type of battles seem to be faster to me than the standard "set up your characters moves and then watch them make those moves" type of battles in a lot of "slower" RPGs. 

I'm hoping SPM combine my favs of these two worlds.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 11:42:41 PM »
Yes! I love the Paper Mario series! I'm getting this game when it comes out even if I don't have a Wii yet. Just like I bought Trace Memory and Animal Crossing before I had either system. (Yes, I got the GC in late 05 and the DS in late 06).

Mario RPG's, to me, are much funner than the other Final-Fantasy type RPG's. I think it's the way that they're set up. So addictive and you can actually see the enemy before you get into a battle.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 02:06:03 PM »
I must pick up MaL:PiT, looks pretty good.

PS: Why must everybody use the nonexistant word "Funner"?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 04:25:49 PM »
Good eye for grammar, SushieBoy!
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print