Print

Author Topic: SSBB: Yoshi's Final Smash  (Read 7064 times)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« on: August 23, 2007, 01:20:55 AM »

Today's dual update of Smash Bros. DOJO includes Yoshi's Final Smash.  While Yoshi may have spouted cute little wings in Mario Strikers Charged, in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Yoshi gains wings of a size that eclipse even Pit's.  And that's not the end of the story.  Yoshi first got his flying ability in Super Mario World by eating a blue shell (or grabbing the wings directly).  Red shells gave him the ability to spit fire.  Well, he gets that ability too, as well as the ability to breath fire as if he had eaten a red watermelon in Yoshi's Island.  It's not clear if he also gets the yellow shell's ground pounding ability; i.e. if his Final Smash is identical to eating a flashing shell in Super Mario World, but the Final Smash's name is "Super Dragon," which is how he signed the note at his house in the original Japanese Super Mario World.  Check out the rest of the screens by following the link below.

Link: Smash Bros. DOJO!!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 01:27:55 AM by MEGAߥTE »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 10:42:49 AM »
Well... it's not a stampede... but it'll do. :D

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 04:33:55 PM »
Now that I read this post, I think this was better than a stampede. I mean it's creative-the power that the shells give you from Super Mario World? CREATIVE!

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 06:15:08 PM »
A different Yoshi used Stampede as his move anyway.

At least this Final Smash has more incorparation to the past games
"Oh east, I thought you said 'weast'" Patrick

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 06:24:37 PM »
I love this. It could have easily been ruined by making Yoshi's wings reptilian or something. I was expecting something lame like a giant egg attack or an eat-everybody move, but this is just, excellent. Step AWAY from the Story and pay attention to Yoshi's better games.
But, no sand clouds? Bummer.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 01:45:36 AM »
Well, it's not completely ruled out, but flying and stomping are kind of opposed.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 02:01:55 AM »
It worked in SMW.

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 06:35:29 AM »
It worked, but not all at the same time
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 04:47:55 PM »
*Puts 20 gold coins on the table*
I've kept my promise.

Incidentally, does any one remember the flashing shell from SMW?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 05:02:37 PM »
Kept your promise? What?
And yes, lots of us commented on this being almost identical to the flashing shell.
But, no sand clouds? Bummer.
Hence the last few comments about flying and stomping being an "impossible" combination:
It worked in SMW.
If I felt like killing, I'd fly and stomp around. You only have one chance to use fire...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 09:25:07 PM »
Look in the thread introducing Yoshi as a character. I bet 20 gold coins that his final smash would be a stampede.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 05:23:13 PM »
Heh heh. I can see it now...

"Death from above!"
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Print