Poll

Do you ever read while using the toliet?

Yes
17 (63%)
No
10 (37%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Print

Author Topic: Do you ever read while using the toliet?  (Read 8294 times)

« on: November 27, 2008, 06:11:12 PM »
Do you read while using the toliet? Apparantly, a lot of people do. It doesn't seem to last long enough for me to read a book...

When someone bought me a Bathroom Reader book, I just ended up reading it as a pastime.

What about everyone else?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 06:35:25 PM »
Occasionally I'll bring a game with me, and I read on the toilet occasionally, but it's not something I do every time I use the bathroom.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 06:42:57 PM »
Even though, for many years, I have and still do get every year's edition (and a spin-off here or there) of Uncle John's Bathroom Reader, I haven't really become a habitual BRer until the last year or so. Now, I near-physicially cannot "go" without something to flip through (ironically, usually not a Bathroom Reader, as they're on the furthest shelf--in a uninsulated pseudo-closet, actually--in my room).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 09:31:53 PM »
When I'm getting ready for an, um, extended stay, I'll read whatever's on hand. No fancy bathroom-reader books for me.
every

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 10:25:23 PM »
How surprising! I am also a "regular" reader of the Uncle John's Bathroom Reader series. Over the past year or two I have bought 13 of the books in the main series, all of which I keep in my bathroom.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 01:12:28 AM »
Nope. Never. I'll never be successful in life if I can't do my business without distractions.

A weird thing I do before using a toilet, though, is... I take off my shoes. Why? Don't know. Strange habit with no basis.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 01:47:13 AM »
CAN I GET A BEATBOX

Yo
Yo
Chillin with Bird Person
Guess I ate way too much food
Approached with caution, I conclude he's in the mood
Starfox 64, watch him do a loop the loop
"Can I use the bathroom?" "Just remove ya shoes to poop"
I didn't question, figure he's the dude to choose
with or without shoes, but this situation's screwed
Cuz if I don't, my pants be messy and homey, that's bad news
Word
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 01:57:31 AM by bobman37 »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 02:04:29 AM »
Yo yo bobman, pass the mic.

Word, Bird Person can't poop with his shoes
But I don't mean ta diss, I'm gonna pay my dues
BP's the OG when it comes to takin' craps
But his skill on the mic? Let's just say he can't rap
Ridin' down the streets, we be blastin' on fools
But I gotta pull over, gotta release his stools
I got the skills to pay the bills, I'm like Donald Trump
But I still think it's odd he takes off his shoes to take a dump
Everybody's got differences, some more than others
BP, he won't poop unless his shoes ain't covered
I eat Reeces Pieces and my sweater is fleeces
Bird Person removes his shoes in twos to release feces

Respect.
every

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 08:32:17 AM »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 10:35:22 AM »
When I was about 6, I used to take my giant red original Game Boy, plug in a Game Genie, and put Super Mario Land in the top, turn on the codes for Walk Through All Walls, Infinite Lives, and Always Big Mario, and finish the entire game on the toilet.

Now, I'll usually just play a level or two of Sonic Rush Adventure (extremely underrated) or play some music on my phone. If I had my DS flashcard with me more often, I could read some stuff off of there, I guess.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 10:40:46 AM »
Nope. I'm really strange about things like that. I don't like to have anything like books around me while I'm in the bathroom.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2008, 11:36:29 AM »
Oddly-enough I always take my shoes off too; and I read magazines in the BR all the time. ::) But then, again I Also sing in the shower *shrug*. :P
Please hurt me not. I bow to you all. I know nothing!
The wii is not a toy! It is a recreational device used by people to play on screens by pressing buttons. and I think it's cool.^.^

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2008, 12:37:50 PM »
I prefer to poop. I usually crap, wipe, leave.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2008, 12:38:28 PM »
Well... I'm bad at multitasking, but for some strange reason I prefer to pee while sitting down as opposed to standing up, and I don't know why that is. :P

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2008, 01:00:24 PM »
Now, I'll usually just play a level or two of Sonic Rush Adventure (extremely underrated) ...
Is that so? I like the game, and I thought it was pretty well-received from what I saw on Sonic websites (I remember hearing it was well-reviewed elsewhere as well). Or are you referring to popularity, not nessecarily reception?

In any case, I usually bring something to look at while I'm on the crapper. I sometimes brought books in the past, but now I usually take papers from the box next to my computer (a lot of stuff I worked on is in there). It's a convenient system: the bathroom is located a mere 10 feet or so from my computer desk in the basement, so I can get off the chair, grab some paper, and walk straight to the john.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

Print