Print

Author Topic: The Pointless Topic!  (Read 2496410 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #10665 on: March 18, 2010, 12:24:41 PM »
In Turtlekid's case, it's less a matter of "like" and more "not allowed to play M-rated games." Which means his mom is a large portion of the reason he's missing out on a lot of what the PS3 has that's worth playing.

« Reply #10666 on: March 18, 2010, 12:44:54 PM »
Says the guy who censors eroge.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #10667 on: March 18, 2010, 12:50:21 PM »
Sometimes you have to go to great lengths for love.

Though in this case it was removing great lengths.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #10668 on: March 18, 2010, 03:01:02 PM »
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #10669 on: March 18, 2010, 04:14:46 PM »
Good job pointing out the punch-line. Dunno what I'd do without you.
No! I don't want that!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #10670 on: March 18, 2010, 05:02:32 PM »
Holy crap, coolkid is Stephan Pastis.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #10671 on: March 18, 2010, 05:26:43 PM »
Flower

Is it really that entertaining? It's pretty, but the challenge/replay value looks extremely low.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #10672 on: March 18, 2010, 07:08:05 PM »
Good thing it's an art game rather than a game that's supposed to offer challenge/replay value.

I wouldn't think you would take those into account when buying games, though, considering that you just bought a main-series Pokémon game (zero challenge, offers replay value but in a way that games should avoid at all costs) the day it came out.

« Reply #10673 on: March 18, 2010, 07:59:57 PM »
What do you expect me to say? Apologize for liking something you don't?

As for Flower, I'm aware that it's meant to be "visual poetry" more than a "game" in the traditional sense, but I'm just wondering whether one would really play through it for the umpteenth time after the initial acclaim dies down.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #10674 on: March 18, 2010, 08:04:48 PM »
This is why I love Uncharted 2.  It has both a rather lengthy single-player which you have to clear twice to get all the trophies, and a rockin' multiplayer that never presents the same match twice. 
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #10675 on: March 18, 2010, 09:30:52 PM »
*looks at coolkid's post*

Can someone explain to me what coolkid's creepy grinning head picture is and where it came from?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 09:38:35 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #10676 on: March 18, 2010, 09:34:59 PM »
I'm just wondering whether one would really play through it for the umpteenth time after the initial acclaim dies down.
Probably not. Because that isn't the point.

rather lengthy single-player which you have to clear twice to get all the trophies
It says something about Turtlekid that he's willing to play long single-player games repeatedly in order to earn silly distinctions that have no effect on gameplay whatsoever, but he won't sit down and play through the rest of the challenges in Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (which would allow him to earn items that do have an effect on the game) because they're too hard, even though it'd only take him an hour or two of not sucking at games.

a rockin' multiplayer that never presents the same match twice
You mean like basically every multiplayer game worth playing ever?

And penguinwizard, that stupid face is yet another retarded 4chan meme.

« Reply #10677 on: March 18, 2010, 10:14:28 PM »
Probably not. Because that isn't the point.

So, you'd be better off playing it at a friend's place than buying it?

Can someone explain to me what coolkid's creepy grinning head picture is and where it came from?

Ah, retarded 4chan memes... my area of expertise! The meme in question is "Trollface", an image most commonly used to denote one's recognition of someone's attempts at trolling. However, coolkid's execution of it was somewhat shoddy, as an "I see what you did there" reaction image would've been more fitting in that situation.

« Reply #10678 on: March 18, 2010, 10:20:28 PM »
It says something about Turtlekid that he's willing to play long single-player games repeatedly in order to earn silly distinctions that have no effect on gameplay whatsoever, but he won't sit down and play through the rest of the challenges in Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (which would allow him to earn items that do have an effect on the game) because they're too hard, even though it'd only take him an hour or two of not sucking at games.

To be fair, playing through a Kingdom Hearts game in general already sounds hard enough.

I'm also surprised Lizard Dude liked Valkyria Chronicles enough to promote it. With his hatred of JRPG mechanics and easy exploits (VC has a terrible case of both), I'd assume he'd pass it off as weeaboo trash.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #10679 on: March 19, 2010, 12:30:53 AM »
Hmm... I just received a warning notifying me that the computer was low on hard drive space. After deleting the recommended items (temporary internet files, old status logs, etc.), there is now 5383 MB of free space on my Windows drive. Is that a lot, or do I still have reason to be concerned?

Print