Print

Author Topic: More modern dreams.  (Read 20326 times)

Jman

• Score
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2006, 04:47:36 PM »
Speaking of movies based on cartoons or games...

I had this dream about a Calvin and Hobbes movie where Owen Wilson voiced Hobbes, and Ben Stiller voiced Calvin's dad.  I couldn't remember who did the voices of Calvin, his mom, or all the other characters.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2006, 01:46:33 PM »
This is an older dream, but it was still really awesome!  Shigeru Miyamoto was giving out autographs at our church!  It didn't look like our church, but it was.  The line was huge.  That was probably the coolest dream I've ever had.

Last night I had a dream where I was watching the old Mario cartoons.  There was a three-episode special in which Mario was trying to retrieve these gifts, for which he spent about 500,000 coins, for Pauline, but never got to her because the plucky plumber and his brother stumbled in a different dimension.  The gifts were stored at a friend's house, and after so many years, the guy forgot about them and he moved.  The gifts were scattered all over Brooklyn and the Mushroom Kingdom.  The news somehow got to Mario, who's now married to Peach (yay!).  Within two episodes, he got most of them back, and they were being stored in his attic.  Then in the third episode, Pauline makes an appearance (she put on a few pounds since Donkey Kong).  She walks up to Mario's attic, and she saw some old pictures of her and Mario, and laughs at how ridiculous her clothes looked, cause they were 80's clothing.  Then we found out that she was in the middle of a love polygon, and found out why she decided to choose the Italian carpenter.  Unfortunately, I didn't see any Donkey Kong references.  I don't know what happened after that.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2006, 02:11:42 PM »
I once dreamt I found out how to time travel. Last night I dreamt about a parakeet that suddenly died after being removed from its cage.

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2006, 06:28:56 PM »
I've been having dreams of the end of school.
I only watch [adult swim]

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2006, 10:31:38 PM »
I dreamt a dream that acted as a reaction to all previously literary periods by telling a story like no other.  So it was indeed a modern dream.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2006, 09:46:34 AM »
My cousin has a major crush on Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  She had a dream where she slept with a drunken Spike, and the next day (in the dream) Spike had a mojor hangover.  His words were, "Top of the bloody morning." lol
Regards, Uncle Dolan

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2006, 09:57:45 AM »
I've ovbiously been playing New Super Mario Bros. too much. Any time I do so much as close my eyes, I suddenlly get visions of the game itself. They're mostly of wall-jumping, for some reason.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2006, 12:11:07 PM »
I had a dream that I had a Wii and everything. But since SSBB hadn't been released I rented Mario Party 9 (@_@) to try the controller out. That's all I remember. I'm lucky I can remember anything at all.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2006, 12:13:22 PM »
I dreamt I had a Gamecube once. It was a long time ago so I don't remember the details, but I remember I sat in the corner of my room playing Super Mario Sunshine and Cubivore.

« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2006, 02:07:40 PM »
Time travel dream again: This time I discovered an equation that in which if you enter it into a calculator you would be transported 5 seconds back in time and space.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 02:09:26 PM by NintendoExpert89 »

« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2006, 02:23:06 PM »
Sounds like a bad idea if you stayed in the same place for 5 seconds if you ask me. Did you get much detail out of the dream?
I'm a horrible person.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2006, 09:03:41 PM »
Last night I dreamed I was playing tennis, on an actual court with an actual ball against actual opponents, but instead of a tennis racket I was using a wiimote.  The ball would bounce off the space just in front of the wiimote as if it were bouncing off a racket.  The wiimote has seven D-pads spread out on all sides of it; I remember thinking how strange it was that the wiimote had more D-pads than buttons.

« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2006, 06:38:16 PM »
After playing tetris too much, sometimes I make different block patterns in a trans state, usually before I fall asleep.

« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2006, 07:03:09 PM »
Last night, the 4th of July, I had a dream where I was in school, and it was the last day, I was sitting in my seat in math class when one of the kids lit up a cigarette.  I was startled at first thinking somehow I was going to get blamed, but the teacher didn't mind, which astounded me.  Then I started to relax, I meen, really really relax, and I asked the teacher if I could clean out my locker, then I went.  I looked in my locker and tons of crap was in there, including(the stuff I could recognize) my paintball stuff, food, and millions of books with my backpack, for some reason I had to take it all home.  I didn't want to bring everything into the class, so I set it outside the door in the hallway, I saw this kid take one of my Combos packages, so I ran after him.  When I did, my legs felt like jelly, it would tickle when I walked.  Just then, I had my skateboard, and started riding in the hallway, until a teacher whom I dislike very much told me to get off, and I went back to my stuff.  My stuff was there, some people took my paintball stuff that I was shortly distressed about.  But not for long, for I became very disfigured, it was someone would like to or would call an acid trip.  Syd Barrett was playing music in the background and I bacame very happy, very very happy, because I havent heard him in soooo long.  The time had come to catch the bus, and I ran to it forgeting all my stuff but not caring the least.  None of the kids were kids that "actually" ride my bus, and neither did the bus driver.  I heard all the little kids chanting "The wheels on the bus go round and round!" and the busdriver haulted and started yelling.  Suddenly I racked up the nerve to tell her to shut up and drive.  Suddenly I was close o my house, I was the only one on the bus, and I was driving, I passed my house, and couldn't press the brake.  Ironically, the door was on the drivers side, and I hung off it, while still driving.  I became very lucid, and I knew I was in a dream, I knew if I crashed I would wake up, destroying the dream.  So I jumped out, flying the unmanned bus into a building.  I reached my yard, and a dog, that I was expecting to be my dog was walking up to me.  But it wasn't my dog at all, and it was wearing glasses, I saw something sitting in the middle of my yard, like a vehicle, a very peculiar vehicle.  A vehicle I have never seen before.  Still very lucid I walked down the hill towards it yelling "You don't belong here!" over and over again.  It took off, and I woke up.  The End

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2006, 12:54:40 PM »
...Well, that's pretty confusing, now isn't it?

While I had disappeared for a while, I had a fantastic nightmare. If it weren't so cool and movie-like, I would have hated it, being that I became scared out of my wits.

To begin with, imagine a Star Destroyer. Now get rid of the bridge and upper section, make it a little bigger than the Blockade Runner it was pursuing in Episode IV, and replace the crew with Rebellion troops and myself.

When the dream began, things were already going badly. Crew members were screaming about these hideous creatures that the ship had been overrun by, and I was wrestling my way through to get to the bridge. I ran for space-age-type elevator, but I strangely avoided it and took the stairs.

That's when I first saw one of the horrid creatures (see attachment one). I was accompanied by a few soldiers and an engineer, and we paused to look at one of the aliens, which was pacing a flight of stairs below. Before I knew what was going on, it rushed us! One of the soldiers disappeared into its enormous five-pronged mouth, and I leaped over the guard rail and smashed onto the stairs lower down. I'm not quite sure what happened to the soldiers, but the engineer guy made it to the bridge with me. There, at the front of the ship, I struggled to land the ship in a containment building on Earth, amidst nerve-shattering yells and screeches.

All this time, I had been holding onto some ancient documents and hadn't quite realized it. When the ship was evacuated and all exits were sealed up, we left the infested ship and reported to our superiors. I turned over the documents, but was given a new mission: return to the ship and extract the ancient book that had been left behind. The squabbling senators and diplomats became so enraged by our lack of competence that I felt I had no choice but to return. The same engineer accompanied me as I climbed a long steel-framed staircase back into the bridge.

It was difficult to get to the stairs or the elevator because of a long line of plastic, translucent curtains that had been hung up. Apparently, the creatures disliked plastic. When I finally reached the elevator, scratching noises convinced me that it just wasn't safe. Remembering the incident on the stairs, the engineer recommended that we take a secret escape tube to the bank vault. At the base of the once-shiny vault, we saw quite the gross spectacle: long lines of creepy plants that the alien monsters climbed to navigate large areas (see attachment two). There were a few sleeping creatures in this area. We climbed up to an octagonal tube-- and were met by none other than three, very awake creatures.

Without making you bored and tired of my weak ability to tell a story, we made it to a hallway, I found the book, hid in a room, peered into a hallway, and saw yet another disturbing event. Down the hall, the elevator door was open, with very small lights gleaming at the bottom. The engineer was making his way down the hall when he was eaten. A head and neck shot out of the elevator, extending like a Queen Metroid, and promptly grabbed the poor man. I woke up in a hurry as it started slithering by my doorway.

[The attachments are colored in the same method in which Sapphira colors her drawings. Thanks for showing how it's done, Sapphira!]
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 10:10:06 PM by Suffix »

Print