Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1709992 times)

« Reply #3720 on: December 15, 2007, 03:47:07 PM »
You don't have to laugh at him for something he can't help. If he does have a phobia, it's not his fault. If he doesn't, no big deal. But it's still rude of you. You can find stuff funny, but you can't laugh AT him for it.
Honestly I think of "Heheheh" as a small chuckle and not laughter intended to hurt anybofy.

I was surprised to see a post like that coming from someone like you, Vid.
See it's posts like these directed at me that makes me want to leave more and more. They also give me ANGST, which is fitting for this thread.

Have I not said in the past that text shows no emotion? I DID NOT mean to hurt Glorb in any way. I thought what he said was a little funny, so I chuckled out loud a bit, and showed that I did so, in text. That's it.

How many times must I assure you people I'm not acting mean and I'm not trying to be mean or insulting? I apologize if it comes across that way, but I'd hate myself for a good long time if I ever harshly laughed at someone who didn't want to be laughed at. I've been at the wrong end of that situation too many times myself.

So, next time I might seem to be doing that, and you feel the need to defend someone from me when you don't really need to, remember this:

DON'T DO IT. PLEASE.

If I come across as harsh, insulting, or just mean in general, it's just in your mind. I don't want to have to put smileys in my sentences again to show that I'm not serious. I really do like to think of myself as a nice guy, and it hurts me to see people defending others from me because you're interpretting what I say the wrong way.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #3721 on: December 15, 2007, 04:07:14 PM »
I would rather have ten needles stuck into my arm than one drop of liquid dropped into my eye. Not like I could keep my eyelids open anyway.

I haven't been able to keep my eye open for that airball puff machine for about five years now. We just have to skip it.

« Reply #3722 on: December 15, 2007, 04:08:34 PM »
I didn't find that air puff to be that bad at all. Not much different from sitting in the backseat of a car with no roof, in my opinion.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3723 on: December 15, 2007, 04:35:44 PM »
Oh, god, the air puff. I always skip it too. Everyone says it's like someone blowing gently on your eye, or a warm summer breeze or something of that ilk. It's really a short blast of air that doesn't actually hurt, but the tension is, at least for me, unbearable, and I always blink or recoil just as it shoots (so at least my eye has really good reflexes).
every

« Reply #3724 on: December 15, 2007, 04:40:03 PM »
I don't really like the air puff either, but I choose not to skip it because it isn't all that painful. Just surprising

I have a real problem though because my eyelashes are so long. I actually have to hold my eye open with my fingers so that the doctor can examine them.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #3725 on: December 15, 2007, 04:50:25 PM »
Okay. So my computer decided to be stupid this morning. I tried to get it out of stand-by mode, but it wouldn't. I could hear the whirring sounds coming from the computer, only quieter than usual. So I held the power button to turn it of and the sound stopped...but the button still blinked like it was in stand-by. Pressing it again booted it up. Odd.

I unplugged everything and opened it up, but I could only get one side off because the case seems to be designed by a retard. There was quite the dust build-up in there. After a vacuum job, I put everything back together. I had to hit the power button about five times to turn it on. I'm a bit worried about this thing...

I guess this is the reason eMachines have a bit of a bad rep, huh?
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #3726 on: December 15, 2007, 04:59:59 PM »
The worst part about the air puff is the anticipation. As you're sitting there staring at that hot air balloon way off in the distance, you think to yourself "It's coming. It's coming. I'm screwed. It's gonna happen NOW! Oh whew, ok, how about... NOW! Hmm, nope." *Pffft*

Other than that, it's not too bad. I can stand it.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3727 on: December 15, 2007, 05:44:03 PM »
What's this "air puff" everyone speaks of?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #3728 on: December 15, 2007, 05:48:59 PM »
Part of an eye test.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3729 on: December 15, 2007, 05:55:52 PM »
Weird... I've got glasses thicker than quarters and I don't think I've ever had to go through that...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #3730 on: December 15, 2007, 06:08:01 PM »
I am so glad I don't have to wear glasses.  I know a lot of people who do wear them and can pull the look off.  I wore one of my brother's glasses once and I looked awful.
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

« Reply #3731 on: December 15, 2007, 06:37:56 PM »
How many times have you been puffed, Vid?

I could take it just fine for the first 16 years or so of my life (had glasses since age ~7) but year after year of being shot in the eyeball while looking at a distant bright light eventually made it unbearable to my brain. Let me emphasize that it's my brain that won't let me. I'm not a huge ***** or scared or anything. I just can no longer physically command my eyes to stay open staring at the Light of Death.

Someday I'm going to be lying on a hospital bed dying. They will say, "Go into the light, Lizard Dude." And I will see the light and hear a chorus of angels beckoning me toward it. As I gaze deeply into the Light, the last thing I will ever see... a ball of air will be shot into my eye and I will plummet to the depths of Hell, cursing Our Lord with every incantation I know.

« Reply #3732 on: December 15, 2007, 06:42:11 PM »
^ Post of the year material.
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3733 on: December 15, 2007, 07:36:55 PM »
Write down the link (click on the anchor) and post it. The nominations aren't over yet!

As for what the air puff is, it is used to measure the pressure of the fluid directly within the cornea. High pressure can be an indicator of glaucoma. I have never had it (or, for that matter, any real vision testing) done, but I can imagine how it feels.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #3734 on: December 15, 2007, 07:52:25 PM »
Write down the link (click on the anchor) and post it.

Thank  you for that bit of advice! I can link directly to messages now!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print