Print

Author Topic: "Why?" Sequels  (Read 19803 times)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2006, 12:23:04 AM »
Just my two cents. If you are one of these Halo fans (although I don't think it's a Game Cube game?) don't hate me. Wasn't Halo II for the "X" Box 630 or something? (I do know it's a game where you mindlessly shoot things; I looked it up on Amazon during the time the kids were so hyped about it. It didn't look fun like Super Mario 64.).

There's no way you could be that ignorant, please don't act dumb to disrespect a game.

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2006, 12:36:40 AM »
I apologize for sounding un-educated, but I really don't know much about these games outside of the Super Mario and sports franchises.

I did catch that I mis-typed "630" instead of "630" on the "X" Box.

I am not trying to come across as disrespectful, but I'm just not that up on things like this sometimes.  And I'm not a fan of those games where you just blow things up. They've just never appealed to me. Sorry for sounding like I was putting the game down, but it's just not my cup of coffee.

The reason Super Mario Sunshine (thanks for the name of the game) looked difficult was because it looked like the guy playing it was using two control sticks at once. If I put my entire heart into it, I might be able to get it, but it still looks really hard.

Apologies go to anyone who was hurt by my post, but I was just stating my opinon.

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2006, 12:52:45 AM »
Now Home Alone 2 was as good as the first one. But the 3rd and 4th went waaaaaay downhill because they didn't even star Maculay Culkin and the 4th one was about him. And also, the 4th one had him younger than in number 2.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2006, 10:24:40 AM »
I apologize for sounding un-educated, but I really don't know much about these games outside of the Super Mario and sports franchises.

I did catch that I mis-typed "630" instead of "630" on the "X" Box.

I am not trying to come across as disrespectful, but I'm just not that up on things like this sometimes.  And I'm not a fan of those games where you just blow things up. They've just never appealed to me. Sorry for sounding like I was putting the game down, but it's just not my cup of coffee.

The reason Super Mario Sunshine (thanks for the name of the game) looked difficult was because it looked like the guy playing it was using two control sticks at once. If I put my entire heart into it, I might be able to get it, but it still looks really hard.

Apologies go to anyone who was hurt by my post, but I was just stating my opinon.

You know, you really shoud've thought about these things before you decided to post on a forum where video game fans run rampant.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2006, 11:25:20 AM »
Guys, he's apologizing.  Are you saying he should be persecuted for not knowing much about video games?  I agree more with Chupperson Weird, that you get better at video games by playing them.  That's why I'm very good at Mario Kart 64 yet suck at Super Smash Bros.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2006, 01:56:52 PM »
I'm relieved to see someone like AbercrombieBaseball here.  Life doesn't run on video games.  He doesn't need to apologize in the least. 
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2006, 03:02:48 PM »
I agree. He isn't the biggest gamer in the world, so what if he messes up? If you guys think he's acting "dumb" on purpose, you're wrong. He doesn't seem like the person to do that.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2006, 03:18:26 PM »
I wasn't saying he did anything wrong, but when you go to a forum built around a video game series, you should at least expect to find folk who are knowledgeable about video games.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2006, 03:54:11 PM »
A problem with sequels is that they often stress the same point as the previous movie already made.  (Much like the posts on this page)
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2006, 03:57:22 PM »
^
More post of the year material from Markio.

Anyway, it's my fault for throwing everyone of topic, so I'm sorry.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2006, 04:01:58 PM »
Sequel that has indirectly been making me say "Whhhyyyyyyy?!" lately: Super Smash Bros. Melee. Why, you ask? Because, whenever I have to babysit (every weekday), I end up having to play a video game. Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 64 are the only multiplayer games we can actually play, with my GC broken and all... I miss SSBM so much I've been saying "Whhhhhyyyyyyyy did my GC break?! Whyyyyyyyyy??" </angst thread material>
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2006, 04:31:23 PM »
WTD, they are making a Sandlot 3!? I really hope that it is better than the second.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2006, 04:50:43 PM »
Sandlot 3?! That's a sign of the APOCALYPSE!!
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2006, 07:32:43 PM »
I've heard news of a Little Mermaid 3 as well.

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2006, 08:53:36 PM »
Yes, I heard of "Little Mermaid 3" somewhere else as well. I'm guessing it will be a straight to DVD release.

That's another thing about movie sequels: when they only come out on DVD that pretty much seems to raise a black flag.

Print