Print

Author Topic: The Wii: A System that will revolutionize gaming to a whole new level.  (Read 10096 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2006, 11:09:50 AM »
Well, personally I think I'll go back with my opinion I had a few months back: I think both the PS3 and Wii will fail, in various ways. Let's break it down, shall we?

Wii
1) Most non-Nintendo fans will scoff at its controller, and already have
2) Most parents will look like fools mispronouncing the name
3) Most of the games are looking really, really lame, with the exception of Mario Galaxy and Red Steel
4) You have to buy some "optional" controller doohickeys, like the Nunchuck attachment as well as the "classic" controller

PlayStation 3
1) Sony has abandoned their previous marketing strategy of "Let Ken Kutagari say demented things about four-dimensional whatnot" in favor of stealing features from other systems
2) $600 for the system, $60 for a game and $50 for a controller is a tad much
3) Personally, I think the notion of paying $50 for a copy of Ricky Bobby or Underworld 2 in Ultra-HD Blu-Ray glory is stupid

Now, these are just my personal opinions. I happen to be very pessimistic, as well as cheap. However, the PS3 and Wii, as well as the Xbox 360, all have their high points, which I didn't have time to highlight. If I had about $3,000 to burn, I'd buy all three systems, plus a few games and an HDTV. But as it stands, I don't and despite the Wii's low price, I'm not about to spend $250 on what could possibly end up being a cheap, gimmicky kids' system. So there.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2006, 11:37:00 AM »
Most "non-Nintendo fans" still appreciate the controller after having scoffed at it.
And take a look, Nintendo has already moved a ton of Wiis. I don't think it can "fail" at this point.
That was a joke.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2006, 02:09:45 PM »
Ummm, how is mispronouncing the name of a system make it fail? And how can the games look lame? I mean c'mon! Metroid Prime 3, Wii Sports, SSBB, TLoZ:TP, how do these great games possibly look lame? Just by looking at the box art you now they are cool!!!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2006, 03:01:38 PM »

Most parents already are clueless when it comes to video games.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2006, 04:07:28 PM »
Think of video game consules as O/S's.

Nintendo is Apple. They were the first.
Sony is Microsoft. Their technology was build upon an Apple, like the PS1 was built upon the SNES.
Microsoft is Linux. They were the latest into the market, and people seem to prefer the other two over it.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2006, 04:11:42 PM »
Let me add something.
Sony is not only like Microsoft in the fact that it built upon the original company, but they're both also overrated, overpriced, and full of bugs.
Oh, and both Nintendo and Apple rule the handheld market.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 04:15:15 PM by solidmushroom »

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2006, 06:00:45 PM »
Oh, and both Nintendo and Apple rule the handheld market.

Since when does Apple make handhelds?
Anyways, I think that the reason people don't like Nintendo is because they think that if the graphics in a game aren't good, then the entire game itself sucks.
Why do people care about graphics so much? It's the gameplay and fun that makes a game...
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2006, 07:23:40 PM »
Since when does Apple make handhelds?

Well, they dominate one part of the hand-held market...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2006, 07:32:38 PM »
Pwned.
Well, personally I think I'll go back with my opinion I had a few months back: I think both the PS3 and Wii will fail, in various ways. Let's break it down, shall we?

Wii
1) Most non-Nintendo fans will scoff at its controller, and already have
Not all, though. My PC-gaming friend is really excited and wants one badly after seeing some videos demonstrating it.
So? How does that make it fail?
3) Most of the games are looking really, really lame, with the exception of Mario Galaxy and Red Steel
Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Zelda: Twilight Princess, WarioWare: Smooth Moves, Super Paper Mario, and a few more on my list, currently. Seriously, you can't expect all the phenomenal games to come out immediately.
4) You have to buy some "optional" controller doohickeys, like the Nunchuck attachment as well as the "classic" controller
Only if you're going to play game that needs you to. I won't need a classic controller until the Virtual Console games start getting really worthwhile.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 07:35:46 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2006, 08:20:30 PM »
...Besides, doesn't the Nunchuk attachment come with the Wii? You don't need to buy one unless you want another one, which is true for all consoles.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2006, 10:34:14 PM »
Nunchuk comes with the Wii.
GameCube graphics were as good as/better than the other two consoles last generation. I don't see how the graphics thing came into play at all until now.
I hate how people liken Nintendo to Apple. Apple certainly wasn't the "first" for things people think they invented like GUIs and mice. Nintendo didn't have the first game console either. Granted, they are the oldest currently surviving hardware manufacturer.
Overrated and overpriced is more like Apple than Microsoft. 'Course, "overrated" is subjective, but there's no arguing against the fact that Apple stuff is way overpriced.
The whole "built upon Apple/built upon SNES" thing is pretty incorrect also... You act like "Sony/Microsoft" just took the thing and made a few tweaks and shipped it on its way.
You realize how Xbox didn't do horribly well last generation? 360 is doing a little better, and even so I think I would say that Linux is much less mainstream in computing than Xbox is in games.
That was a joke.

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2006, 11:19:40 PM »
Eh, you can't compare the three major competing consoles with them OSes.

Nintendo is Apple. They were the first.

I did a spit take.  You owe me a Coke.  But Chupperson already covered why that's wrong.

My main point is that there's just so many other things to consider.  Like Nintendo is the only one that isn't Apple because it doesn't seem to be simply obsessed with graphics.  PS3 could be like Linux because PS3 is all zomg LINUX, just like 98% of people who use Linux.  And then Microsoft could be Microsoft because Microsoft Microsoft. *Microsoft crawls into the portal into Microsoft's brain* Microsoft Microsoft, Microsoft? Microsoft.  Microsoft Microsoft?  Microsoft!  MICROSOFT!  Miiiiiicrosooft, Microsoft.  MIIIIIICROOOOOOSOOOOOFT!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2006, 12:21:14 AM »
As an Apple user, I do not agree with what CTOAN said at all. Chup's right about most things about Apple, I just use the computers because I like them, and Macs were the computers I was first introduced to.

As a gamer on the other hand, I pretty much don't care.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2006, 06:07:21 PM »
In my opinion, Nintendo is like Hootie and the Blowfish, Sony is like Weird Al, and Microsoft is a lot like Pepsi, for reasons that I think are very obvious. Plus, Sega is like Pinky and the Brain, Apple bears a marked resemblance to Jean-Claude Van Damme, and IBM is just like, if not even more like, Spider-Man with monkeys for legs.
every

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2006, 06:22:34 PM »
^ I nominate this for Post of the Year.

Print