Print

Author Topic: SSBB Leak Thread [SPOILERS]  (Read 54321 times)

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #105 on: January 31, 2008, 08:35:54 PM »
Super Smash Bros. Brawl is probably going to be an excellent game, and anyone who thinks that it won't based simply on the character choice in it is probably an idiot.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #106 on: January 31, 2008, 08:46:26 PM »
I don't care much about Toad, he's cool, but I'm not going to be all emo about him not being playable. He's fine under Peach's dress.

Arr, that sound wrong in SO many ways!
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #107 on: January 31, 2008, 09:19:50 PM »
Watching closely reveals that Peach pulls Toad out of a hole leading to the fourth dimension, which conveniently hovers invisibly behind her.

I'm almost perfectly happy with the roster. I'm gonna miss Pichu, Mewtwo and, to some extent, Dr. Mario, and there are some I know will never make it but would be so cool (Combusken and Ninten are my most wanted), but...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #108 on: January 31, 2008, 09:36:09 PM »
Yeah I was sorta bummed to that Dr.Mario wasn't in the game what so ever... It wouldn't of been that hard to make him a palette change for Mario. But atleast they kept Game&Watch in :) Toon Link is also nice. And no he is not a full clone of Link. His moves are a bit diffrent if you watch him in action. He's pretty much the Luigi of Link.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #109 on: February 01, 2008, 12:00:03 AM »
On another note: JEFF ASSIST TROPHY!

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylnilmjc71Q
No! I don't want that!

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #110 on: February 01, 2008, 05:41:19 AM »
However, the lack of Country based DK stages is sad, and it looks like Kirby gets 3 characters but only one stage. What's up with that?
That's what secret stages are for, my friend. No one ever said everything about the game got leaked, after all.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #111 on: February 01, 2008, 07:09:28 AM »
Ness has been revealed officially by The Dojo:
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/hidden01.html
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #112 on: February 01, 2008, 08:01:27 AM »
And Linkin's right, it really is STUPID to argue over something as petty as this. There's lots more to a game than CHARACTERS. Geez.
Though I understand what you're trying to say (and I agree somewhat), that argument kind of loses its weight when you apply it to a fighting game.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #113 on: February 01, 2008, 08:06:51 AM »
Good thing SSBB isn't just a fighting game!

« Reply #114 on: February 01, 2008, 11:43:14 AM »
Yeah, a game's goodness isn't decided by the characters, the gameplay, or the arenas. Your right.

« Reply #115 on: February 01, 2008, 12:18:39 PM »
They are, including Lucas. But there are still some who Sakurai refuses to notice who are still somewhat important.

.. like Toad, or one of the real Koopa Kids, or K Rool, or..

I would love to have seen Baby Mario and Baby Luigi fight together as an Ice Climber-esque team, but then there'd be too many Mario reps.

I'm not going to worry about there being too many reps for any one series any longer. After the amount of Pokemon related things (mostly trophies) in Melee, every series should have at least one or two more things (a character, a stage, a trophy) in Brawl.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #116 on: February 01, 2008, 12:23:55 PM »
I would love to have seen Baby Mario and Baby Luigi fight together as an Ice Climber-esque team, but then there'd be too many Mario reps.

It's an intresting idea, but it's kind of sick, considering the following instances:

Mario VS. Baby Mario and Luigi. Mario kills the babys, thus erasing him from existance.

Ganondorf VS. Baby Mario and Luigi. Babies against demon lords! Cool! 'Babys slaughtered'

Luigi VS. Baby Mario and LUigi. Luigi does his final smash, convincing the babies to do drugs. The rest of thier life is scarred.

« Reply #117 on: February 01, 2008, 01:53:17 PM »
I don't recall the Smash series making that much sense in the first place. Especially disregarding the Subspace Emissary mode.
I'm a horrible person.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #118 on: February 01, 2008, 05:09:31 PM »
Why the heck are people making a big deal about K. Rool?
That was a joke.

« Reply #119 on: February 01, 2008, 06:54:50 PM »
Because he would've made an awesome character, considering his wacky schemes and disguises from the DKC series.

Not to mention his DK's main villain, yet made no appeaerance whatsover in the story mode. It's especially annoying when you take into account that Bowser, Ganondorf, Wolf, King Dedede, and (in Melee) Mewtwo are playable, while Ridley and Porky are major bosses in the SE too.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print