Print

Author Topic: Nintendo Power VC Poll Results  (Read 56568 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2008, 10:32:52 AM »
You are right that NOA doesn't do the mag anymore, but I think it's better now than it has been in years.  My only big complaint is the lack of order bonuses.  The only offered a smaller version of a guide I already own and even that hasn't arrived yet.  I also subscribed to ONM (Official Nintendo Magazine in the UK) until they changed publishers.  They did some pretty sloppy reporting and didn't have the order bonuses that NOA used to, but ONM came with some nifty bonuses in almost every magazine. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2008, 01:45:07 PM »
Hmm, I've still got a decent library of games with my SNES and N64, 800 points to work with on the VC.  What would be a recommendation from you guys?
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2008, 02:16:32 PM »
You are right that NOA doesn't do the mag anymore, but I think it's better now than it has been in years.  My only big complaint is the lack of order bonuses.  The only offered a smaller version of a guide I already own and even that hasn't arrived yet.  I also subscribed to ONM (Official Nintendo Magazine in the UK) until they changed publishers.  They did some pretty sloppy reporting and didn't have the order bonuses that NOA used to, but ONM came with some nifty bonuses in almost every magazine. 
Thing is, I loved it until they did the whole "new look" thing. Then, for whatever reason, they were making all kinds of typos and factual errors, they used a grand total of four fonts, the posters were printed on cheaper paper, and they could never seem to settle on a consistent series of columns. Now, they got rid of the posters and sold out to Future US (that, and they can't seem to realize that the internet is getting people info these days. Translation: Stop doing those stupid teasers at the end of every month for games we already know about). I like GamesRadar, but I'm not resubscribing.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2008, 01:23:13 PM »
UPDATE!

« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2008, 12:57:40 AM »
Its scary how one guy in Starmen.net said OMG VOTE 4 ERFBOND and all the internet did.
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2008, 01:27:12 AM »
And

No such thing

Worked for Mario
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #111 on: August 26, 2008, 02:21:08 AM »
Why did the staff vote for FFXI in June?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #112 on: August 26, 2008, 06:44:51 PM »
Because they're idiots.

And

No such thing

Worked for Mario
Mario what? They've released pretty much all the games, haven't they?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #113 on: August 26, 2008, 06:50:49 PM »
RPG. It's been up there, but not like EB... and I doubt EB's been beating SMRPG by a dozen or so votes. Probably more like a couple hundred.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #114 on: August 26, 2008, 08:15:21 PM »
Why did the staff vote for FFXI in June?

Did'nt you hear? PS2 games are going on VC and EarthBound 3 is coming to America!
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #115 on: August 28, 2008, 11:13:25 AM »
Updated!

NP's Comments:

Earthbound remains steady as a rock in the reader's top spot as their most-wanted Virtual Console game. Their sub-sequent picks remained predictable as well, except for fifth place, which saw The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask overtake Chrono Trigger. Both the readers and editors have remained loyal to their picks for the last several months, so to shake things up, next issue we're going to focus on the most-wanted titles for only one system. First up: the Sega Genesis. What games do you want from the house that Sonic built?

Pthhhh! They're just angry that Earthbound's winning.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #116 on: August 28, 2008, 11:16:30 AM »
Like the poll results, NP's reaction is predictable: "if you don't like it, pretend it doesn't exist."
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #117 on: August 28, 2008, 05:08:47 PM »
Well, they can probably pretend to care about Earthbound a little more now that NoA doesn't own them (on the other hand, now they have to put "TM" next to Wario's name--among others--in non-articles).

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #118 on: August 29, 2008, 03:22:15 PM »
Let's keep voting for EB even though the subject is Genesis just to make them mad.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2008, 10:53:46 PM »
I'm kind of surprised that Nintendo of America might be aware of EarthBound now, because they just keep getting hit with it.

Uh, for Sega Genesis... Sonic the Hedgehog 2 in first place (long live Tails), and Ecco the Dolphin in second place. Those would be my votes, although I'm not voting.
You didn't say wot wot.

Print