Print

Author Topic: Next Mario Sports Game  (Read 5444 times)

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2001, 09:04:14 AM »
Yeah, Mario Badminton!

MARIO: I'm-a gonna make you see birdies!
(smashes birdie into opponent)

Ok, evil idea. But Mario Badminton would be interesting to say the least (it's more original an idea then volleyball).

As for Kamek's comment on never seeing a volleyball game, there has been a volleyball game on the SNES before. Except that it featured nothing but tall female humans and bad play control. Talk about the game you don't want to be caught playing.

Although I never ended up getting a Virtual Boy (it didn't last long anyway, but I did get to play a little of Red Alarm), I remember the preview in NP about Mario Tennis, and how the characters were in uniforms.

I just HAD to throw away that issue by mistake, the one with the purple cover, our first look at SMW2: Yoshi's Island, and those 3D glasses (plus the ad of the boy looking inside a beehive of some sort).

There is one idea that we haven't considered though: Mario's Halloween Hopskotch! (Possibly the worst idea for a sports game ever)
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2001, 04:15:49 PM »
Mario Skeet Shooting?

----------

"Deezer" returns 10 results on GoTo.com, 14 on Dogpile.com, 981 on Altavista.com, and 5 on SearchHippo.com.

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2001, 06:09:34 AM »
Mario Dodge Ball!I got the uniforms and team names!

the Fungi:White and red,with blue shorts
Coach:toad
Captain:Yoshi
the smar T.s':Yellow and Dark blue with Dark blue shorts
Coach:Russ T.
Captain:Luigi
the Koopas:Black and red,red shorts
Coach:Bowser
Captain:Baby Bowser
the stompers:Brown and black with Brown shorts and red shoes
Coach:Mario
Captain:Baby Mario
and the Peaches:pink and yellow with pink shorts
Coach:peach
Captain:Daisy
Secret team:the Vine swingers:Brown and light brown with light brown shorts
Coach:DK
Captain:DK jr.
Note:Coches and Captains are playable Charechters.

Other ones:WaLuigi
Wario
Geno
Mallow
Kooper
and Bow.

You can choose your team and who's on your team.there's also circle dodgeball mode.5 people per team,and only 2 teams at once.

MarioandLink

Mario and Zelda BOTH rule!

......And Rayman!well,that''s ok.not enough to put him on my screen name,though.

--------------------------------
Anyone remember me?Roy Koopa''s brother?Theory-Guy?You know,don''t you?Ah,screw it.

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2001, 06:37:40 AM »
I"m hoping for either Mario Basketball,Baseball or Hockey.

I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon
I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2001, 06:24:48 PM »
How about Mario Polo? Instead of horses, the good guys ride around on Yoshis and the bad guys ride around on Ostros. But then again, what would Bowser ride on without breaking the poor creature's back? The Lava Dragon from Yoshi's story?

It's not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it's a matter of common sense! (half empty or half full?)

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2001, 09:13:58 PM »
Hey, none of you thought about a Mario Soccer? That should be really cool! Have you ever seen megaman soccer? But sure Mario Soccer would be very better. And it would be even better if they made Nintendo Soccer, with more characters! And Mario Basketball is a very good idea too, with a gameplay like NBA Jam. Mario DodgeBall? Great too! But not Mario Polo... sincerely.....

Hey, paisano!
Hey, paisano!

Print