Print

Author Topic: Sony is trying to be the "next" Nintendo...  (Read 5538 times)

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2002, 10:42:57 AM »
Nintedo is not as popular as it once was, thanks to these other successful platforms. Most of you people won't even give the PS2 or the Xbox a chance. I agre that Xbox is not doing all that well at all, but the machine is incredable! And if you don't play PS(2), than you're missing out on a world or amazing games. Sony is not copying Nintendo at all, they're just marketing. It's called business folks. Besides, other companies actually make the majority of the games for the PS2, and PSone. If any of you people that are so stuck on "just Nintendd" consider yourselves to be true gammers, than you should play on multiple platforms.
*You quickly shove bananas in your ears.

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2002, 01:25:53 PM »
yeah, boltman they heard you. ( goes backstage and gets ****ed in the *****.)

the ones who tried to ban me will be banned!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2002, 05:05:31 PM »
I agree with most of what BoltMan said.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 7/30/2003 7:55:11 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2003, 01:43:42 AM »
I agree with Chupperson Weird.

Mom:Honey, what is that loud sound? Me:Uh, nothing, Mom! *goes back to smashing X-Box*

Edited by - nintendofreak on 7/28/2003 12:44:05 AM
Deezer was here.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2003, 09:24:02 AM »
 Nintendofreak, you've just revived 5 or so topics, all stating one line opinions entirely against the PS2 and X-Box. Are you aware you're posting in topics over a year old?

I've noticed you've done that a lot lately, and I've been nice about it. But seriously, if you're going to be reviving topics, at least make a semi-intelligent post. Just say "PS2 and X-Box suck, Nintendo rules." five times really isn't the way to go.

Try explaining yourself, WHY do you dislike the PS2 and X-Box? Had I thought you've known me a bit better, I'd believe you were just trying to make me angry, but I figure that's not the case. And so, why not express yourself a bit more.

"Nintedo is not as popular as it once was, thanks to these other successful platforms. Most of you people won't even give the PS2 or the Xbox a chance. I agre that Xbox is not doing all that well at all, but the machine is incredable! And if you don't play PS(2), than you're missing out on a world or amazing games. Sony is not copying Nintendo at all, they're just marketing. It's called business folks. Besides, other companies actually make the majority of the games for the PS2, and PSone. If any of you people that are so stuck on "just Nintendd" consider yourselves to be true gammers, than you should play on multiple platforms."

There, BoltMan has already said much of what I had wished to do myself. Actually, he may have done a better job of it than I could have done.

But one thing I thought was particularly funny was that this topic claimed that Sony was "copying" Nintendo.

"Also, you have probably noticed that Sony has dubbed the PS2 as "the future of entertainment", this clearly states that Sony is putting no stops to ensure the worldwide success of the PlayStation franchise! That is the same type of thing Nintendo has done with their systems: build upon an already-established successful franchise and mass-market it to the public in order to gain the most support off of it. "

You see, I tried to read that seriously, but every time I do, I end up laughing. That argument just doesn't make any sense. I'm not trying to be mean here, but seriously, what else should Sony have done? Should they have gone out trying to acquire world-wide success without establishing their franchise first? You can't expect to succeed without planning, and just because Nintendo did it first, doesn't make it wrong for another company to do so. As BoltMan said, it's NORMAL marketing.

I tire of these arguments, though. It's entirely due to narrow-mindedness and the unwillingness to try new things.

"I dispise any company that tries to ruin the success of Nintendo."

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2003, 11:22:06 AM »
I have a few points.

1. Nintendo will NEVER become a 3rd party game developer. Nintendo still has all the rights to the following popular series: Mario, Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokemon, Star-Fox, Wario Land. If Nintendo can please the fans of all of their popular series, they practically have it made.
2. The X-Box relies too much on graphics, and not enough on substance. Games need some sort of substance.
3. The PS2 relies on extras a little too much. I mean I would never buy a video game system just because I can watch DVD's and play CD's on it.

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2003, 04:18:51 PM »
To Black Mage:Look, all I said was I agree with Chupperson Weird. And what do you care about what I post? They are my posts, not yours. I can say what I want to say. and not all of them are against the PS2 and X-Box. One of them is reporting a glitch in SMS. And the X-Box scratches its own discs. Also, if you want a long and honest(well,to you)answer, got to General Chat, go to the topic "now,the xbox doesn't suck that bad" which I revived, go to the bottom of page 2. You will find my long and honest answer.

Mom:Honey, what is that loud sound? Me:Uh, nothing, Mom! *goes back to smashing X-Box*

Edited by - nintendofreak on 7/28/2003 4:15:21 PM
Deezer was here.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2003, 05:55:48 PM »
"To Black Mage:Look, all I said was I agree with Chupperson Weird. "

That's the problem. A one liner saying "I agree with [User Name]." is simply spam. It offers no insight as to why you agree with them.

"And what do you care about what I post? They are my posts, not yours. I can say what I want to say."

I care what you post because I read it. If I simply didn't care what anyone posted, what would be the point of coming here? To have conversations with myself? Bah, I'm doing that half the time anyway, and that's plenty. Yeah you can say what you want, but making the most out of your posts would certainly be a nice change.

"and not all of them are against the PS2 and X-Box. One of them is reporting a glitch in SMS. "

I was only referring to the topics you've revived concerning the PS2, X-Box, and GCN, not EVERY topic you've posted in.

" Also, if you want a long and honest(well,to you)answer, got to General Chat, go to the topic "now,the xbox doesn't suck that bad" which I revived, go to the bottom of page 2. You will find my long and honest answer."

I plan on checking it out.

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2003, 06:02:48 PM »
"Nice pants, Mr.Smarty-Boots."-Eddy

Deezer was here.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2003, 10:53:12 PM »
Look, man. This is making people mad. Quit reviving such dead topics. They're pointless, and they were annoying when they were first posted. Stop reviving these topics. And I don't want you to agree with me if it means you do this.

Eccentricity is my goal. "The stupidest thing I’ve ever heard just came out of Lizard Dude’s typing hands."
That was a joke.

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2003, 06:57:20 PM »
Nintendo=Good
Sony=Evil
Microsoft=ugly
Sega=Third Party

I see mushroom people!
 I always have the latest info.Did you know that I farted?PPPPPPHHHHMmmmmmmmmhhh!!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2003, 08:56:08 PM »
Nintendo = best games
Sony = Good for Square RPGs
Xbox = I don't care
Heh.

Eccentricity is my goal. "The stupidest thing I’ve ever heard just came out of Lizard Dude’s typing hands."

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 7/30/2003 7:58:14 PM
That was a joke.

Print