Print

Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY FOREVER!!  (Read 16428 times)

« on: May 03, 2003, 09:51:48 PM »
hey i know its kinda dumb to post ff stuff on a mario site but i cant stop thinking about it... if anyone else would like to test their knowledge with mine feel free to do so..

I don't enjoy talking about FF1 on NES ff2 on NES and FF9 on PSone BUT DONT GET ME WRONG, IVE PLAYED EVERYONE AND HAVE BEATEN EVERYONE except FF1 so dont come smartin off info you think i dont know about either of them. oh and does anyone know where to get Dark Cloud 2 Gameshark codes?? i cant find working codes any where. if u have ne, email me at gunblade115@yahoo.com i have an interest in making RPGs on RM2K and if ne one has a RELIABLE source to a page where i might find music,charsets,chipsets,or ne other stuff for it, PLEASE i beg of you to post a link, or email me at the email address i gave you

To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2003, 12:00:29 AM »
 My, my, my. Welcome to the forums. Enjoy your stay.

Quite the avid Final Fantasy fan, eh? I also enjoy my rounds through the games, and have also completed all of them. Rather, I have completed all of them. Final Fantasy I isn't so bad, and if you don't mind me asking, why haven't you beaten that one? It's not so bad if you take the time to level up. But then, that can be said about any RPG. Either way, if you need assisstance in it, please, let me know.

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2003, 12:28:48 PM »
i also have to add final fantasy 7 is my alltime favorite games!! Its the best RPG ive ever played and in response to me not beating ff1, im not too interested in it, though im sure if i tried it would be worth my while, i own ff origins and its graphics were greatly enhanced

To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human.

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2003, 03:40:20 PM »
I agree, sephiroth rocks!

The world would be a much cleaner place if people would eat their own trash.
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2003, 08:51:44 PM »
 While, it's nice that you bought FFO, I don't feel buying it for the graphical addition is a good reason to buy it. I mean, it doesn't hurt the games, really, but having better graphics shouldn't make you want to play the game more so than before.

Had you said due to the deeper re-translation, I may have had more of an understanding as to why you like FF games. However, currently, I believe that you, in part, buy them for their flashy graphics. I may be wrong, I may not be. However, FFI is a very well done game. I suggest you finish it. I'm glad you do realize that it wouldn't be a waste of your time.

As you may ask, I bought FFO to check out the translation of FFII. I don't understand enough japanese to get exactly what the Wonderswan version text as well as I would have liked. So, I made comparisons to the old Fan-Translated version. It was well done, considering they needed to change the names. Rather, shorten them. None-the-less, I have lost interest in this post. Take it as you wish.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2003, 07:47:02 AM »
"None-the-less, I have lost interest in this post."

Rats. I was waiting for you to post again to make sure that you were still checking this topic so I could ask you a question. Looks like my plan backfired.

Lizard Dude’s sig is my favorite.
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2003, 05:27:20 PM »
 By "this post," I was refering to my individual post, not the topic in general.

If you have a question, by all means, ask it. Although, I cannot guarantee I have an answer.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2003, 05:35:44 PM »
Ah. I was wondering why you used the word "post" instead of "topic." Turns out I had it all wrong. Well, that's good, anyway.

My question doesn't have anything to do with Final Fantasy; I hope that doesn't disappoint you. This is the topic I noticed you posting in most recently, so I decided to ask you in here. My question is very simple: Did you get my e-mail?

Lizard Dude’s sig is my favorite.
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2003, 07:31:21 PM »
i cant agree more w/screech.

and i dont just buy the final fantasy games for thier "flashy" graphics i enjoy every ff their ever was. but there is a bad seed in every one. FF X2 i think it will be  an annoying game and overall a game for the pervs who only go for *** appeal. im not saying i dont enjoy girlz, but they went too far with it. it absolutely ruins the line of FFs

The Penguins are coming to take us all away!!! FOREVER!! So says Boss. S.K.A.: Tonfa

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2003, 08:09:46 PM »
Watoad, yes, I recieved your E-mail, as I'm positive you know.

gunblade88, which I just realized is from FF8, I'm sorry if I came off pompouse, but I will undoubtedly do it again, but I'll try to watch my tongue.

One thing I'm unclear of, is your "Bad Seed" remark. Do you mean that there is a "Bad Seed" in every game, meaning part of the game, or a "Bad Seed" in every series, meaning a whole game?

On both accounts, you'd be right. However, you must say "Bad Seeds." Every FF game I've played, all of them, have a part in which I dread playing. However, I must say, if you mean in the series, which I believe you do, I definitly feel you're correct. Let's take FFVIII for example. Bad Seed doesn't begin to describe it. Hell, I remember waiting for it to come out. Pre-ordered it and everything. Oh boy, was I disapointed. However, I won't go into that here. Also, FFX would also be included in this category. However, my thoughts are once again wandering, so, if you have anymore you would like to say, or if you disagree, respond, and allow me the pleasure of reading your arguements. Thanks.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2003, 01:24:33 PM »
Personally, I like Chrono Trigger a lot more than the Final Fantasy games.
I don't know why I posted that here, but oh well.
That was a joke.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2003, 01:50:40 PM »
 That would probably be due to the fact that Chrono Trigger IS better than many of the Final Fantasys. Not all, mind you, as I'd say Final Fantasy Tactics and a few others stand strong against it, but CT is definitly one of the best that came from Square. Definitly.

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2003, 05:17:03 PM »
 you may take that remark how you want, but i meant in the series. yes my name did come from ff8 which WAS a total bomb. the reason behind my picking this name was that i would rather have gunblade88 than buster88 or katana88. besides the gunblade is such an awesome sword. but it just now occured to me that i could have chosen masamune88...*sigh* anyway final fantasy 10 wasnt AS dissapointing as ff8. but maybe the whole job thingy will make the game better...hopefully. and i would like to say once more that i cant agree more with screech and say that Sephiroth is the bombdiggity and id like to say that ff7 still remains my favorite game. CT was an awesome game and better than many ffs tactics i cant say was my favorite final fantasy and i can say CT was better, but thats a matter of opinion so dont take it like its an arguing topic thingy...anyway i think my second favorite was FF2 on SNES or FF4 on PSone heck why dont i make a top 10?

1 Final Fantasy 7
2 Final Fantasy 2 or 4
3 Final Fantasy 5
4 Final Fantasy 6 or 3
5 Final Fantasy 1
6 Final Fantasy 2 on NES
7 Final Fantasy Tactics
8 Final Fantasy 9
9 Final Fantasy 8
10 Fianal Fantasy 10..kinda anticlimactic huh?

well there it is, id like to see everyone elses opinions and top 10 list. OH and there is a god awesome story called saving Dinosaur Land on the story board, ive done a little on it but the credit has to go to Screech T. Hedgehog, one of my personal buddies. Anyway, please put ur feedback on it to keep the story alive. its kinda long so you migh want to read it in sections.

The penguins will take us all away!! So says Boss AKA: Tonfa

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2003, 07:06:56 PM »
That is true, you could have used the Masamune as a name as opposed to a Gunblade. However, then you would be much like the many, many other Final Fantasy fans, to whom I condemn, who often only know of the sword from FFVII. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to insult you at all, for you hadn't chosen that name. Yet, Chrono Trigger was proof of what I'm saying. Rather, the translation of CT. Frog's "Masamune" was never intended to be the "Masamune" at all. The fact that Frog uses a Broadsword is a dead give away. In fact, Frog's sword is the "Grand Lion." A while back, I was more learned on the subject, but from what I recall, Ted Woosley, a very well known Ex-Translator for Nintendo, re-named it to "Masamune" so Final Fantasy fans could better relate to the game.

Things such as that get under my skin. As do people who have just play FF due to it's popularity. You came across as the former, to me from your original post. I have changed my opinion of you, since then. However, once again, I've veered off of my original point; Rambling.

A top ten, eh? Oh, I've done this many times, often changing it as I've re-played games. Let me see what I can come up with and how it compares to yours.

----
1) Final Fantasy IV;
  - A great, great game. Beautiful story, well developed characters, and an equally amazing sound track. What a great way to jump into 16 bits.

2) Final Fantasy Tactics;
  - Just as amazing as FFIV. This was a very difficult decision to make. FFT has my favorite job system to date, some-what challenging battles, Very, very well done plot, and the characters are well developed while they're "guests." My main gripe was that characters vital to the plot had nothing more to say once they became generic members of your party. But, I can't think of a better way to do it, while having them expendable at the same time.

3) Final Fantasy;
  - Started it all. While the story isn't spoon fed to you like current RPGs, it's there. It's also very good as well. I like the job system as well, not to mention the pure fun factor of it all. Another good point is that it's a challenge, no walking through this game.

4) Final Fantasy VI;
  - Phew, another beautifully done game. The story is great, music, characters, the whole game is great. The development of some characters is much less then others, but then, they do get some development.

5) Final Fantasy VII;
  - The only "modern" FF I actually enjoyed. A very deep story, well done character development, and an interesting Materia system. My main complaint is the Materia system, as it allows no individuality between the characters, meaning you could have the same on all of them and easily play through the game. A few HP/MP up, W-Summon and Knights of the Round makes the game awful easy, and I'm not even mentioning Mimic.

6) Final Fantasy V;
  - Ah, yes. Skipped in favor of FF6 during the first release. The plot and characters weren't terrible, but could be better. However, the Job System made the game quite fun. Oddly enough, changing your class often was better than actually leveling yourself up.

7) Final Fantasy III;
  - A step backwards from FFII in the plot direction, but a step forward in fun factor. This was the rise of the Modern Job Class system. The plot and characters were okay, but nothing special. However, I loved it.

8) Final Fantasy II;
  - Ah yes, the controversial FFII. It's difficult if you don't know what you're doing, and extremely easy if you do. The plot was a major jump from FFI, and actually featured Character development. However, it just wasn't as fun to play.

9) Final Fantasy IX;
  - Well, it wasn't so good. Once past the nostalgia of the elder games, and the return of Black Mages, it didn't feature much. But, hey, it was better than VIII.

10) Final Fantasy VIII;
   - Ah yes, FF VIII. To some, the greatest FF of all time. To me, terrible, only rivaled by FFX. I'm no stranger to Love Stories, as I'm a rather large Anime fan, but the characters just weren't made for it. Squall, who doesn't care about anything, and Rinoa, who is your average girl, until the end, just don't go that well together, I think. Not to mention the ending was horrid, what a terrible FMV. Don't get me started on Junctioning.

11) Final Fantasy X;
   - Ah yes, FFVIII all over again, joy. Terrible, simply terrible. Re-used plot, the characters have been done, and the introduction of the Junctio.. er Sphere Grid system. Horrible. Barely worth the, rather small, amount of time it took to play.

Oh my, it's a top 11. Oh well.

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2003, 07:14:34 PM »
i hate it when you sit and type for 30 minutes and then EVERYTHING gets deleted, well that just happened to me...AHHHH!! *gumbles to self*
Ok since when you posted that in depth top 11 list,it left me kinda in the dust hehe :P, i guess ill post one, i left out a game so dont think im copying you or anything k? *sigh* guess ill start over again.

1 Final Fantasy VII: this game is the most awesome game ive play (*s******s to self* hehe proper grammer and everything) i think that when you use materia in ff 7, your supposed to experiment with it and have variation. now if you wanna get cheap, you can use the materia like that, but i find the fun in exploring in variation and changing out materia, that sort of thing. The story...very original and very good but for some reason there is always something about ancients or people of old time in almost every ff. The soundtrack is...Awesome!! my favorite song in that game is Cid's theme, althogh sephiroth is my fav character, cid falls in a very very close 2nd. the replay value? i could take the memory card out and start over 100 times!! i love that game, but mostly replay value is a matter of opinion, so thats as deep in as ill go into that. The characters i also think are AWESOME! My fav? you guessed it! seohiroth and my most hated character wich falls even below cait sith? Tifa Lockheart...*shudders* I prefer Aeris Gainsborough...ok that settles it, im a nerd.

2 Final Fantasy IV: It was my verry first RPG to ever play i was 7 then (if you want to see my verry verry first game to play, look at the 1st fav games forum,) You took the words out of my mouth when you said a huge jump into 16 bit. the story i could once again play over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again...count those...the soundtrack is great but i prefer ff7 and hmm..oh yeah the characters...at first i was confused but then again at 7 i was immature and easily bored the story plot was allright, i liked it and got interested when my brother started playing and i saw him pass a part that i couldn't figure out.However silly it may sound

3 Final Fantasy V: There's really not much to say about it.I liked the job thing but the plot was EXTREMELY like one, the four heroes to save the world and the different jobs, but the only difference that ive found is that you can change jobs and that you can travel to a different world. I havnt played all the way through the game so correct me if im wrong. the sound? i like the sound, but ff2s was way more appealing

4. Final Fantasy VI: I like the graphics in this one, i noticed that they jumped from FFV graphics to FFVI hehe that sounded stupid, what i mean is lets say a comparison between SMB and SMW ok? thats about how much they jumped up.the sound its good and the characters are allright. I like the magitek armor and the storyline is original from the rest of the final fantasies.

5. Final Fantasy: It was originally on NES but i dont have to tell you that do i? i just now actually picked up the remote and played it while LIKING it. The sound is ok seeing as its on NES. right? well the characters have no depth because you make them up. i guess the depth in the character is about as deep as you put into them. The story is original seeing as it was pretty much the first and original RPG that got everything started.

6(I left this one out) Final Fantasy Mystic Quest: The game is pretty good. I like the music enough, but the downside or good side if you choose is that you cant buy weapons, and you can't move freely on the world map. of cours its pretty much like Ledgend of Dragoon another great creation of Square or vice' verse'. i do like the main character and the SNES graphics did good seeing as it was made at about the same time as 4 on SNES. Its mostly the character graphics and the battles aren't random!!! Thank God!!!

7 Final Fantasy II: There's not much to say about this game except 2 things, its very like FF1 but since it was made on NES they didn't have much of a choice. And there was one thing they did change, how you level up, you level your weapons up, and that makes it all the more realistic.

8 Final Fantasy Tactics: This game is one of a kind and is very enjoyable. The story plot is very original and it has a high replay value. The battles are amazing. They couldn't be more realistic. If you cheat on this game, it gets very boring very fast. But if your playing to experience the full game, you will have the time of your life. The graphics aren't 3d but the spinning camera blends well enough with the sprites. The job system is great. I hope, though a little off topic, FFx2 will be like this. The job system is THE BEST ive ever played. Unfortunately i like freedom in the games. So i don't like the World map, or that your limited on how far you can walk. It's very weird because the character in the very begining looks extremely like a character that  i made up. i drew this guy before i saw the game so when i saw the guy i was a little freaked, but i got over it and changed him up a little. I would have rated this a little higher but i rather enjoy playing the original types where you can run around a map and be free!! o o
                            u
9 Final Fantasy IX: I HATE this game, almost worse than FF8. The people are very unproportionate and they try to add a comic mood to this but i just didnt get it. The music is ok...but thats only part of it. The gameplay is like FF8 except maybe a little more interactive.

10 Final Fantasy VIII: At first the movie kind of made me a little optimistic and got my hopes up that the game would be just as good as the beginning movie. I'm talking about the great job they did on the movie. oh and the music is sensational, unfortunately they made it a cheesy love story and even added an English song :* i dont understand how the characters fit together. and if i had to choose a favorite character i would choose Zell, and a least favorite Squall. They put more depth into Seifers character. The replay value for me was 0. nuff said

11 Final Fantasy X: This game was GREAT in the graphics, the lip movement was ok and the music i didnt enjoy, the only music i enjoyed was the final battle with Ject...rock music! thats the only good thing i have to say about FFX

Edited by - Gunblade88 on 5/17/2003 4:31:56 PM

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2003, 07:45:45 PM »
I don't follow the series from the beginning, so I guess I am the kind of fan that black mage doesn't like. I still like ff7 though.

The world would be a much cleaner place if people would eat their own trash.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2003, 10:26:50 PM »
Hmm. I've only played FF2(IV) and III (VI?) for more than 2 minutes, so I don't really know about much of the other games.

Hmm, Black Mage, I was wondering myself why there was a Masamune in two different games. I thought maybe it was just a common term or something. I did read somewhere that it was akin to Excalibur. Do you know anything more on this matter?
That was a joke.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2003, 02:24:18 PM »
Well, as I said, I did know more on this topic before, but I believe I've retained enough to tell what I can remember about the Masamune.

The Masamune is a sword of legend in Japan. There are various different tales about them, but I'll see if I refer to only one or not; Masamune, is actually the name of a sword smith. He is called that, however, his real name is Goro Nyudo. Anyway, it is said that the Masamune was a sword that sheds no blood upon its cut. (Hence, no blood is seen when Sephiroth uses it to kill a particular character in FFVII) Well, Muramasa, another sword smith, swore that he'd make a better sword than Masamune, and so, challenged him and his sword. Muramasa placed his sword in a river, and the fallen cherry blossoms in the stream all were cut sharply in two. Following this, Masamune put his blade into the river. All of the cherry blossoms moved around the sword. Not one was cut. And so, Masamune won.

That's just a legend though, so who knows if it's true. However, there are a few swords still around with Masamune's signature on them. They have a distinctive style, I've read. A wavy sort of motion on the blade. It's quite interesting to read about, actually.

So, as to why it's used in so many games, I'd say that mainly because it's a popular sword of legend. Masamune is said to be one of, if not, the greatest sword smiths of all time. If this didn't answer your question, let me know. I'd be happy to try and answer it correctly.

EDIT: I spelt 'greatest' wrong, that's a new one.

Edited by - Black Mage on 5/18/2003 8:20:17 AM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2003, 09:42:44 PM »
That seems to answer my query quite well. That's pretty cool.
That was a joke.

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2003, 05:35:33 PM »
up until now ive posted on the lighter boxes. just wanted to note that.

I've EDITED my 2nd top 10 list and i think everyone will be more satisfied with it. I'd like other people to visit my site too. its under construction so itll be updated slowly as i move along. www.freewebs.com/animespace

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2003, 06:33:27 PM »
Sephiroth kills a certain character in FFVII.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2003, 09:19:55 AM »
"6(I left this one out) Final Fantasy Mystic Quest: The game is pretty good. I like the music enough, but the downside or good side if you choose is that you cant buy weapons, and you can't move freely on the world map. of cours its pretty much like Ledgend of Dragoon another great creation of Square or vice' verse'. i do like the main character and the SNES graphics did good seeing as it was made at about the same time as 4 on SNES. Its mostly the character graphics and the battles aren't random!!! Thank God!!!"

Yeah, it seems I forgot that one as well, however there is a reason for that. Also, you forgot FFIII as well. Since all of the things you posted are your opinions, I won't debate anything, unless you wish to. However I will give my opinion of "Final Fantasy:" Mystic Quest.

12) Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest:
    - Ah yes, I did forget to mention this, with good reason. In Japan, this game is known as FF:USA. That would be because Square USA decided to create their own game as opposed to releasing FFV to America. How nice of them. Yet, this game was terrible. The story was horrible. Just horrible. It was very generic, and I felt, had little though put into it. The fact that you could jump bothered me a  little, considering it had the name "Final Fantasy" in the title, and then, I was introduced to the characters. All I can say about this game is; I had a better time playing FFVIII. FFX is a close one, but I think I'll put this one last.

"Sephiroth kills a certain character in FFVII."

That he does. I could have sworn I checked to make sure I had it right more than once. Ah well, thanks for pointing that out.

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2003, 10:16:49 AM »
yes i agree that the game is a little bad, but i seemed to enjoy it enough.

have any of you ever played Ledgend of Dragoon or Vargrant Story? These were great games and i liked them alot. though they both can get a little difficult at times. If you haven't played these games, you should start, because they are better than most final fantasies.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2003, 11:18:50 AM »
I've played both. Vagrant Story was alright. I didn't find anything real special about it, though.

However, Legend of Dragoon, unlike the many I've talk to who've played it, I hated it. It's not that it was hard, mainly because I didn't feel it was all that difficult, but it was mainly the dialouge. I just couldn't stand it.

To me, it felt poorly written. I don't know, when it comes to dialouge and plots, I'm quite picky. It's just, the dialouge made the game less enjoyable to play through. Meh, maybe my standards are too high.

However, Valkryie Profile is a game I enjoyed. I suggest you try that one out, if you haven't already.

EDIT: I didn't think you could over use "meh," but it seems, I had.

Edited by - Black Mage on 5/19/2003 4:40:13 AM

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2003, 06:13:12 PM »
Hmmm... on another note, what is you favorite game of all time? anyone can reply, of course. Mine? Well...final fantasy 7 is a close one, but ill take this with another view. My most enjoyable game that ive ever played has to be all Super Mario World. It's a big step away from Final Fantasy seven, but i think it was it. Besides, im really good at it.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2003, 06:34:56 PM »
 My favorite game of all time is easily "Tales of Phantasia." While it was never released on American shores, it is a very well thought out, comical, and fun RPG. I love it, everything about it. It came out during the SNES' dying age, and was revamped for the PSX awhile back.

A very fun game. A very, very, fun game.

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2003, 12:33:14 PM »
im back and would like to ask about final fantasy crystal chronicles...i wanted to know if anyone out there has heard of it or know ANYTHING about it. oh and i have to say...FINALY BACK TO NINTENDO!!! yay!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2003, 12:56:25 PM »
Welcome Back.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. Yeah, I've heard of it. I had followed it for some time, but had quit fairly recently.

I like the idea of Final Fantasy returning to Nintendo, yet from what I hear, FF:CC is exactly the sort of game I dislike: the use of a popular name to sell.

FF:CC is supposed to veer off from traditional RPGs. That's something I don't care for, all that much. I enjoy the traditional RPG sort of game, and long for the return of such in the Final Fantasy series.

Alas, such is only a dream, as with the popularity of such games as Final Fantasy X, it seems the New generation of gamers enjoy such bland garbage. Well, whatever, FF:CC is supposed to be quite different. I'll hold my opinions of it until I can play through it. However, I had also heard of such rumors of the need of a GBA to play it, which would also not be to my liking.  Ah well, I just hope it turns out alright.

A good site to find information on it is:

http://Http://www.rpgamers.com

Edited by - Black Mage on 8/11/2003 11:58:22 AM

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2003, 07:32:01 AM »
ok thanks!!

To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human.

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2003, 07:32:09 AM »
GAH!! Double Post!!!

To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human.

Edited by - gunblade88 on 8/12/2003 3:55:55 PM

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2003, 08:53:37 PM »
does anyone know if *any* FF game will be or is scheduled to come to Gameboy?? That would be really interesting, like a remake of FF5 and or FF6.hmmm...maybe my head's in the clouds. if anyone hear's about ANY new FF game, please post here...

:3 hehe "look at the kitty!"(please ignore the last inside joke for your safety.

If winners never quit, and quitters never win, who made the saying "Quit while you''re still ahead"?

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2003, 09:01:00 PM »
 "does anyone know if *any* FF game will be or is scheduled to come to Gameboy?? That would be really interesting, like a remake of FF5 and or FF6.hmmm...maybe my head's in the clouds. if anyone hear's about ANY new FF game, please post here..."

Well, I highly doubt we'll ever be graced with a FF5 or FF6 port to the GBA, or any of the early Final Fantasys.

However, all is not lost. There is indeed a new FF game for the GBA: Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced.

When it was first announced, I had hoped for a FFT port, as FFT was a very, very good game. However, it's not. It's a new Strategy RPG. It seems to be aimed for a younger audience, unfortunetly. I know it was released in Japan, but I'm not sure about America. You may wish to check your local Video Game retailer and inquire as to its availability.

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2003, 03:02:07 PM »
yeah, i heard of it, but i never was too interested in it...was it anything like the PS1 version?? or did they change it? If it is, that might be an investment...*scratches chin in though* Yeah, that would be a good investment.

If winners never quit, and quitters never win, who made the saying "Quit while you''re still ahead"?

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2003, 07:45:06 PM »
hehe...just reviving the topic...well, i was wondering, i got your top 10 favorite game, but what about Final Fantasy Character??
Here are mine...

1) Sephiroth from FF7-he has to be the most awesome character in ANY final fantasy. I like him because...his cool haircut, and his almost crazy personality, but he also has logic. Unfortunately, he killed one of the coolest characters in this game.

2) Cid from FF7- I like his attitude and personality, he is set apart from ALL the other Cid's in EVERY final fantasy and has a distinct way of getting his point across

3) Gotta be Kain from FF4- I like the fact, even, after being controlled by Golbez(a not so cool character), ends up being on the good side.

4)Zell (FF8)- However horrible, the character in FF8 Zell always has and always will be my FAV character in that game. and i liked his attitude in the game, much like that of Cid's except in a teens point of veiw.

5)Aeris Gainsborough (FF7)- This character is one of the coolest...except that she died, so that's why she got so low on my list. I think she would have been a better match for cloud than tifa (i'll get into that at the end) and id rather have seen Tifa die.

6)im drawing a blank for her name...the pirate on ff5...hmmm oh well, if anyone will, could they give me her name...well, she's also one of my top favorite characters because she has that cool dragon thingy called Syldra. Too bad it had to die.

7)Vivi-I HATED THIS GAME but fortunately this character was there to help the replay value...i loved his costume, can't say much about his personality though, because he didn't have much of one.

8)(ok gettin desperate)Cloud-This is in my top 10 list because well, i liked his haircut and his role in the story of ff7 (i loved the plot for FF7) and his costume.

9)Cecil (FF4)- I liked him because he was a dark knight, then a paladin, i cant say much about his looks because well it's sixteen bit graphix and *cough* nevermind...either way, that game was fun (speaking of im sure if any one knows this it'll be BM...i was wondering if you knew how to unlock the CGIs in FF Chronicles for 4, i have no idea and probably will never figure it out and im interested in seeing the characters in 3d)

10)Zidane-Hey it was better than Tidus now wasn't it?? well this guy, no matter how out of proportion he is, is funny. He climbs up the latter after Dagger and says "ooh...soft" hehe gotta love a programmer with a sense of humor.

OK now to TIFA...LOATHE...HATE!! i completely hate this character and don't know why!! i completely hate this character, mostly because i think she wants cloud all to herself and has to have everything her way...she is my LEAST favorite character in ALL of the FFs

well theres my list, id love to see whoever elses...those who follow the series anyway

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2003, 09:22:36 PM »
 Top 10 characters, eh? This'll take some good, old fashioned thinkin'. Oh, and Faris is the Pirate in FFV. *Avoids spoilers*

1) Black Mage -- Come on now. :P Black Mages have been my favorite class ever since I've started on the FF games. Wow, it's been almost my whole life. Anyways, sporting the Mysterious Hat and Cloak, and mastering the dark arts of magic truly creates one awesome character. Thank you, Amano.

2) Aeris -- Yeah. I liked her a lot. I know, I'm not one for the newer FFs, although FFVII was very good. But Aeris, she was compelling. I liked her a lot. And as awesome as Sephiroth was, I was happy to unleash an Omni-slash on him at the end. Jerk.

3. Cecil -- Dark Knight or Paladin, Cecil was pretty darn cool. He was wicked as a Dark Knight, and I preferred him that way. However, I didn't complain when the change took place. I grew tired of doing 1-10 damage to undead, anyway. Besides, he has Rosa.=F

4. Kain -- Although he double crossed me so many times, wait. No. Not Kain.

4. White Mages -- Who's the trusty helper (Preferably Female) who's behind every Black Mage? Well, it should be a White Mage. Actually, I'm not a fan of the Male Priests, as they seems kinda, well, let's just say I think Females are better suited for the job. Oh, the irony when compared to real life.

And yeah, I know I'm not picking specific characters, per say, but I think I can get away with it, thanks to FFI. That's not to say I like ALL characters of the class, no sir.

5. Sephiroth -- Lance Bass' voice, I guess it wasn't too bad. But that's not really Sephiroth, now is it? I didn't like him an awful lot in FFVII, whilst playing through it, but after Kingdom Hearts, he seemed so much more, uh, cooler? Yeah, having the Masamune helped him out too, I guess. I'm glad I got my revenge, in KH, too.

6. Cloud -- Jeez, I'm such a hypocrite. A lot of these characters are from the "New Age" of gaming. While I still prefer the elder games, I will admit, FFVII had great characters and a good story. I guess it was the exception.

Cloud was cool. A liar, but cool. Maybe not a liar, well, yeah. His KH costume was cool, too.

7. Orlandu "Thunder God" Cid -- While making FFT a very easy game after acquiring him, he was very cool. Two words -- Lighting Stab.

8. Kain -- Never mind. I still hate Kain.

8. Celes -- Yeah. I'm not a Terra man, although, I didn't mind her. Celes floated my boat. Runic would effectively make me extremely happy and very angry at the same time; I'd use it to suck the Enemy's Magic down the drain, while forgetting she'd steal my Cure spells too. Man, that'd make me so mad sometimes. But yeah, I like Celes. 'Nuff said.

9. Lulu -- I guess. I was trying to avoid FFX. And I'm Positive I could find another two characters to knock her out, but why not? She's calm, collected, and a Black Mage. Not to mention she's a looker, too. :P

10. Kefka--Cid Highwind--Rosa Combo -- I could decide. So sue me. If I honestly had to pick one, I'd say Rosa. But then, Kefka was strangely cool, and had a pretty darn cool Boss Battle theme too; Dancing Mad. And Cid, well, come on, it's Cid. With a line like "Shut the 'heck' up and drink your 'Gosh Darn' tea.", how could you not like him? Really.

That about sums it up. I'm sure I forgot some that would knock others off of the list, but meh, it happens. It was more difficult than I had anticipated.

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2003, 09:23:25 AM »
Hey, Vivi had a personality!

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2003, 05:45:03 PM »
hehe...its funny how Zidane taught Vivi how to pee of a cliff, hehe, that's the most personality ive ever seen in him.

Oh and thanks,Black Mage, my mind was drawing a blank

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2003, 12:28:07 PM »
 I meant to clear this up awhile ago, but I've a bad habit of, well, not doing them.

Anyways:

"I don't follow the series from the beginning, so I guess I am the kind of fan that black mage doesn't like. I still like ff7 though."

Despite my earlier comments, I do not hate people who do not follow the series. I believe I said something along the lines of "People who started with FF7", or something similar, but I have no quarrel with those who started the series at that game. A very large amount of people did, and don't get me wrong, Screech, I don't hate you for it.

What I had meant, was I dislike those who proclaim FFVII and the latter the best of the series, without having played the others. Also, those who dismiss the elder Final Fantasies due to their "poor quality" graphics.

Basically, I'm not a fan of those FFVII/VIII/IX/X/X-2 fanboys (and girls) who haven't given the earlier games a chance.

Heh, if they've played the older ones, and still prefer the new ones, then I'm fine with that. I don't mind.

Meh, just thought I'd clear that up.

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2003, 05:41:07 PM »
hehe...this is my one hundredth post!!! so, im starting to get them up...well kinda. any way, i started with ff4...

oh and, Black Mage, do you have a sig??

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2003, 07:48:24 PM »
 I started with FFI, myself. But I hadn't played it until a couple years after its release.

A signature? No.

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2003, 05:20:52 PM »
I love Final Fantasy. Almost as much as Resident Evil. My favorite is Final Fantasy VII.
:)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Die, father, die!

Edited by - Alucard on 9/13/2003 11:47:31 AM
"I hate people who quote themselves in there signatures"-Me

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2003, 03:18:04 PM »
thats also my favorite game!! well, just in case you didn't read all the way through that boring banter we did...but a lot of it is interesting, like the story behind the masamune. oh, speaking of which, how do you say masamune. like ma sa myu ne or mase a mune?? its an argument me and screech have been going through, and until recently i have pronounced it the latter way...post your opinions!!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2003, 06:40:34 PM »
 I pronounce it: Ma "sUH" Moon.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2003, 11:05:43 PM »
I pronounce it Mah-sah-muu-ne.

Which brings up a semi-related question: Black Mage, in Chrono Trigger, do you know what Masa and Mune were called in the Japanese version?

Darn. Just another mess o’ Chocolate Pan Dowdy.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 9/4/2003 10:07:13 PM
That was a joke.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2003, 05:19:55 AM »
They were called "Grand" and "Lion". Although I had recently read that the sword was called "Grandleon". So, if that's the case, the latter would be called "Leon". I don't recall which is correct.

EDIT: Oh, and CW, I agree with your pronounciation. It seems I just hadn't spelled it out as well.

Edited by - Black Mage on 9/5/2003 4:11:13 PM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2003, 09:49:37 PM »
...This is interesting.
If you think about it, it'd be "Leon" either way, considering that the Japanese "I" is pronounced like American "E", so they may have just spelled it like it's pronounced, Englishly.

Darn. Just another mess o’ Chocolate Pan Dowdy.
That was a joke.

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2003, 12:45:42 PM »
Which reminds me, Final Fantasy Tastics Advance is finally out for the GBA. Yay!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

You messed up my moose!-Rabbit
"I hate people who quote themselves in there signatures"-Me

« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2003, 03:35:53 PM »
wow it's been forever!! hehe sorry, well, i have played tactics advance and LOVE it!! It's awesome...even though i haven't made it very far yet :( well...

for the sake of time and making this short, here's an easily done critique..

graphics?good
gameplay?same
characters?different
sound?awesome

Edited by - gunblade88 on 10/7/2003 2:37:07 PM

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2003, 06:24:38 PM »
if u want ps2 codes for ff10 or 9 or dark cloud 2 go to gameshark.com,codebreakers.com, or codejunkies.com they all work
I am a retard

« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2003, 07:31:21 PM »
in response to TTR i have found them since i started this topic and found it funner to just play the game normally, then play through with cheats...oh and I recently got FFXI...actually my bro bought it...and im not sure how to crutique it...in order to play, you have to pay for online...that is one major downside...plus my dad hates me playing online...graphics are GREAT for comp...unfortunately gameplay is weird...plus when you lag AT ALL, they immediately freeze your game...and one good thing is that the online thing translates the japanes to english so u can play with the good ole japs...hehe any way it costs 12 dollars a month...ya

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2003, 07:42:19 PM »
That's kind of funny, actually. When I had saw you post in your story's thread, I searched for this topic and read through it again. Low and behold, you had done the same.

Anyway, I, too, have purchased Final Fantasy XI. Preordered it, actually, but that doesn't matter.

I enjoy it very much. All except the music, that is. I wish Uematsu would return. Ah well.

The game itself is very nice. As you said, the controls have a steep learning curve, but once you become acquainted with them, they're actually quite convenient, with the macros and such.

The "PlayOnline" viewer is also nice, in a novelty sort of fashion. It reminds me so of the OS in .Hack. Truly neat to experience first hand.

As common with most MMORPGs, there is a monthly fee. $13.95, and an extra dollar for each Content ID (Character slot) purchased thereafter.

As for my personal character data:

PlayOnline Handle: Black Mage
 Character Name: Byuu
 Server: Odin
 Race: Hume
 Job: 19/07 Black Mage/White Mage (Currently)
 Home: Windurst

If you do play, even on another server, be sure to send me a message. I've got plenty of room on my Friend's list.

Edited by - Black Mage on 11/27/2003 5:47:41 PM

« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2003, 02:17:14 AM »
ill try when i actually get commited to this game. it seems interesting and ive only played for a short time...my brother recently revoked the 1 month free trial...with time ill get interested in it...but currently im interested in a game on PS2 called Summoner...it reminds me alot of FFXI

« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2003, 08:32:28 PM »
Hey, I finally caught drift of any info on Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles!

Because I think it would be an interesting game,I saw the info on sites and X-Play...

They say everyone that plays (up to 4 duh!) has to have a GBA and a Link Cable...I'm not sure why though...

Hey at least theres a multiplayer cooperative...if anyone happens to catch wind of the story, characters, etc...please post, that would be nice.

I'm pretty sure that the graphics for it will be nice and I'll be getting a GCN for Christmas so I'll probably end up buying it, only after knowing more about it.

Of course I (with the exception of Black Mage) am the only one who has actually played all and is interested in playing any new ones that come out...

Any way please post whatever you have(anyone!!)

If winners never quit, and quitters never win, what idiot made the saying "Quit while you''''re still ahead"?

Edited by - gunblade88 on 11/28/2003 6:55:16 PM

« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2003, 04:47:20 PM »
I finally played tales of phantasia!! its cool, i believe i will beat it soon

If winners never quit, and quitters never win, what idiot made the saying "Quit while you''''''''re still ahead"?

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2003, 12:23:58 AM »
When did Uematsu leave the series? Who did the music for X-2?

my pathetic attempts at humor are fleeting

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2003, 09:53:25 PM »
I was about to ask the same question.

I wish I were sun at dusk. ... ... ... ... ......ha ha kidding.
That was a joke.

« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2003, 09:04:46 PM »
i think he did ffx and x-2, but not eleven for some reson that i dont know...

If winners never quit, and quitters never win, what idiot made the saying "Quit while you''''''''re still ahead"?

« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2003, 10:40:53 AM »
I've played FF X-2 and found that I rather enjoy it...alot. Which surprises me..i love the job wheel (techically its like the sphere thingy...but sooo much cooler) and the story plot is okay...just a continuation of FFX so the story i cant really give much credit...but the graphics??Ohhhh the graphics are sweet..and the voice acting is way better in this one than the first X. The musics okay...not exactly the best...and the characters are well uhhhh...if u like girls u like this game...period. My opinion about FFX remains...but i really like FFX-2...so sue me.

« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2003, 09:29:41 PM »
FFX-2 had better voice acting? AHHHHH! I've never seen FFX, but the X-2 voice acting scared me! If that's good...oh my.

Anyhow, on to the important news. I checked the manual and Uematsu did not do anything on X-2. Does he -only- do pure single-player single-numbered games or what? This theory makes the most sense.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2003, 10:03:39 PM »
 I've been told that the Japanese versions had superb voice overs, but then, that goes without saying, I'm sure.

The English Dubs were decent, I suppose. X-2's were a bit better than X's, but by no means were good. No sir. If you want good voice-acting, try Valkyrie Profile for the PS1. The English cast did a wonderful job.

The music in FFX-2, was terrible. Granted there were a few tracks that were nice, but the majority were sub-par of Uematsu's talent. Noriko Matsueda didn't impress me with FFXI's score, and I definitely wasn't impressed with FFX-2's. We can only hope for Uematsu's return with FFXII.

The graphics, sure, they were good. But then, I'd expect them to be on the PS2.

The plot. Eh.. I didn't enjoy FFX very much, and so FFX-2 started in the hole, so to speak. It wasn't too bad, I suppose, but at times it got a little too "Girl-power" for my tastes. And Paine, ugh, talk about a cliché role. Give me Rosa's damsel in distress any day. :)

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2003, 10:12:07 AM »
I have the game. I think it's good, but not as good as the original FFX. Sure, FFX stared a wussy little boy (who looks like a girl, BTW) named Tidus, but the stroy was great, and I liked how they tried to do something new with the whole "Turn-based" system.

---------------------------------------------

Gotta kill fast! Gotta kill fast! Gotta kill faster! Faster! Faster! Faster! Lonic X!
Professional Paisano here

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2003, 01:33:04 PM »
 That's just it; the "Active Time Battle" (ATB) system is not new. No, it's been in every Final Fantasy since IV, excluding X. What they did add was the "Combo" feature, which I found to play a very, very small role. In turn, it made battles quicker, but still introduced nothing new, in that regard.

« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2003, 07:30:33 PM »
All I have to say is one thing...

Kefka > Sephiroth
No, really, I did get SMA4 six days early.

« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2003, 08:37:14 PM »
hehe...ya i can agree with most of you, but the ATB is changed almost completely differently than any other final fantasy out there...the characters can all attack at once to get a chain, and the longer the chain the more damage the attack is likely to take off, and you can attack an enemy before the attack you...either killing them or stopping their attack...and i didnt necessarily say the voice acting was good, just better

thanks all for posting on my topic :D

So whats the big deal? Death comes with a territory! I''ll see you at Disney Land!

« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2003, 10:27:59 PM »
I just got FFIX for X-mas, and it seems pretty good. 4 discs, though. Woah.

...Anyway, Has anyone played FFXI yet? I'm thinking about getting it for my computer.

« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2003, 01:11:05 PM »
if u look back in the topic, youll see a little brief convo BM and i had about it...i have played it...so look back and see! :)

So whats the big deal? Death comes with a territory! I''ll see you at Disney Land!

« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2003, 03:56:28 PM »
BM have u or anyone heard info on FFXII?? i heard it was gonna be a game u can play online and offline.

« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2003, 10:00:21 PM »
Yeah, it takes place in the world of Ivalice, so it will have bangaa and viera and such. I haven't heard anything about multiplay, but I haven't looked. :P

« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2003, 02:37:11 PM »
hey thanks

this is probably old news but there is a Movie/Sequel for FFVII called Advent Children, although its very cool but I was kind of hoping for a video game, at least its a CGI movie...*sigh* any way, i saw a short clip from the movie and its gonna be sweet. if theres any info from the story post here

« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2003, 05:27:34 PM »
I think Advent Children mainly focuses on the conflict between Cloud and Sephiroth.

Also, I heard FFXII may be for PS2 AND GCN. Not sure if it's true, though.

« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2003, 05:40:07 PM »
I hope so.

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2003, 06:29:18 PM »
Yeah, as LD had said, FFXII will take place in Ivalice. However, I hadn't heard anything about Bangaa and Viera and such. Was that stated somewhere, or are you making an inference based off of Tactics Advance?

There are a few screen shots out for the game now, and I believe it's the first mainstream FF to sport a female lead who weilds a blade since Terra in FFVI.

"I think Advent Children mainly focuses on the conflict between Cloud and Sephiroth."

----Spoiler Warning ----FFVII

I'd be quite upset if it was. Sephiroth was killed. Though, I, too, have seen the shots of Sephiroth in the movie, but I would like to hope that they're flash backs of the sort.

I had also heard that there is a recount of Aeris' death, in the movie.

If they go needlessly reviving characters, I wouldn't be too happy. Not at all.

EDIT: After re-reading what information is available concerning FFXII, Lizard Dude is correct. Bangaa and Viera are going to be in the game. It seems that Yasumi Matsuno has played a role in the development of FFXII, which seems to me a very good thing. I hope to see some more FFT elements in there.

Edited by - Black Mage on 12/31/2003 5:03:43 PM

« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2004, 06:54:25 PM »
Thats it!! Windwaker on Gamecube is definately worthy of being behind the Final Fantasy Forever topic!! Its really good!! 5 out of 5 is my rating...any way i bring this up because I didnt want to look for a walkthrough...no personality...any way as you can probably tell i have a question.

In Zelda: Legend of the Windwaker, i am at a point where i have to restore the power to the master sword and i am currently escorting Medli through the Earth dungeon...and am stuck...I'm at a part where theres a room and this room has these black chuchu thingys and they can only be destroyed by putting them in light. anyways turning to the right you see a rising and in the middle of this room there are two switches in the floor. I can carry Medli to the switch and set her on it and i can stand on the other one and these stairs appear but the problem is that i cant get off without the stairs going away...how do i get through this confounded room!!!

Its probably obvious and i didnt give every detail of the room because im barely patient enough to finish this off....help!!

EDIT:Nevermind...hehe after about 10 minutes of studying that room i figured I had to use fire arrows on the curtains hanging in the room...ya that was one  of those details that i didnt mention...stupid me XO

Edited by - gunblade88 on 1/2/2004 2:29:52 PM

« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2004, 03:21:55 PM »
I saw a bangaa in concept art a while back is why I said that.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2004, 10:11:09 PM »
~THE INVERSE THEORY OF FINAL FANTASY WARDROBES~

The number at the end of the Final Fanstasy game is inversely proportional to the number of square inches of clothing the lead characters normally wear.

This, after seeing screenshots of FFXII. Of course, this comes from a person whose only experiences in Final Fantasy are as follows:

1: Cursory (Roughly 6 pages a minute)readthrough FFVII strategy guide, without actually playing the game. Most people eschew this behavior, true, but it was an interesting read.

2: Attempt to beat FFIX in under 15 minutes, brought about by me drinking way too many caffeinated beverages. I was of course unsuccessful; however, I am almost certain that if the characters in the game had as much caffeine as me then they WOULD be able to finish the game in 15 minutes.

Weeeeeeeee.

Stupid Quotes: (10th Edition)
"Super Mario Sunshine is an overhyped, boring kids` game with a fruity name that got higher ratings than it deserved."
"Aaron S." - with a dishonorable mention to Electronic Gaming Monthly magazine (Issue #165, pg. 24) for printing the opinions of people who don`t deserve to have opinions.
~I.S.~

« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2004, 02:55:22 PM »
AP (Japan) - Square Enix released the following statement at a press conference today. "Shortly after completing work on Final Fantasy X, we took a moment to study other games of the industry. After hours of intensive scientific research on the Dead or Alive series, we came to the conclusion that Sex Sells. As you can plainly see, the SS policy was strictly adapted for X-2, XII, and Crystal Chronicles." When asked about the so-called decency of Tactics Advanced, one Square official mumbled something about "pixel limitations." It seems chocobos, moogles, and Firaga will soon be joined by skin, the newest member of the Final Fantasy Family.

« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2004, 06:08:51 PM »
Lol.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2004, 02:01:14 AM »
Eheheheheh.

...I hear Chrono Break has had its patent dropped, or something, so it's cancelled. Can someone say anything about this?

They wouldn’t pretty so bad, ain’t they?
That was a joke.

« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2004, 06:30:46 PM »
im not sure...sorry for not replying, ive been "occupied" hehe

ya, school, homelife, and friends...in other words im swamped for time

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2004, 07:23:28 PM »
Concerning Chrono Break... yes and no.

It was dropped in America, the trademark that is, but not in Japan.

Source: http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2004/1030.html

« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2004, 08:56:23 PM »
i don't know if this is allowed or not, but i was wondering if it's allowed to advertise another forum or not....

the point i'm geitting at is will anyone consider joining? It's called gaming palace, and Dr. Mario is the admin. The reason I posted here was because it seems to be the only place I can get Black Mages attention...yes this was directed to you BM, but if anyone would like to join, please do...we've not been in business for a month, and have almost a thousand posts...that's the reason i haven't been here in a while and well, i suppose it's an obligation to advertize the site...so come and join!!

the link to the site is Doc marios sig...just find where he posts, and the link will be there.

(if i'm breaking any board rules, i apolagize)

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2004, 09:25:52 PM »
 It's generally a bad idea to advirtise other forums, but I'm not exactly sure about the Fungi Forum's stance on the matter.

Either way, when I have a moment of free time, I'd be happy to check out the forum.

« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2004, 01:00:40 AM »
Wha-? The Dr. Mario is still doing stuff? Cool.

Don't worry. No one really cares about advertising stuff, especially if you don't do it gratuitously.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2004, 03:54:40 PM »
Great! We need some people, so I'm "recruiting" people...hehe, we already have screech...

« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2004, 05:46:28 PM »
WOW...It's been a LONG time since I've updated the FFF topic :P I recently bought Final Fantasy: Anthology

I also have been looking up stuff on FF7: AC for a while now...you know, tracking it since E3 started....here's a REALLY good site for Final Fantasy:
http://www.7ac.net/

That stuff looks SWEET!! You guys (any ff fan here) needs to check this out :D :D Frickin Sweet.

Edited by - gunblade88 on 5/20/2004 4:47:45 PM

« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2005, 01:37:20 PM »
Apologies for the erm. . .triple post. But I would like to bring to attention that Final Fantasy VII is supposed to have a remake on the PS2. The graphics are going to be improved :: dances with joy ::. The music i think will be left alone ((It'd better!!)) and everything is supposedly going to be updated and remade. . .like the Starwars special edition. . . ::looks at ground:: wow, what a dork i've become. Anyways, those people who happen to love final fantasy as much as I, theres' the news. Isn't it wonderful?

Oh. .. btw, is Black Mage still posting on these boards?? I haven't seen him around ((of course, I haven't exactly been around either))

Edited by - gunblade88 on 1/5/2005 11:38:51 AM

« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2005, 03:26:02 PM »
Yeah, he posts here and there and will probably notice the return of this thread.

Do you have a source for this info? I've only heard of a movie, a cell phone game, and a new game starring Vincent (as far as FFVII is concerned).

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2005, 03:36:17 PM »
 Hey Gunblade, I assumed you'd be the one to revive this topic. :P

As for a remake of FFVII there's been rumors about that for years, but I've not read anything to date which provides any inclination that such a development has been undertaken.

Like LD has said, I've only heard of the Advent Children [Movie], Before Crisis [Cell-Phone/"Possible DS port"], and Dirge of Cerberus [PS2].

Of course, I wouldn't put it past Square to create a remake eventually, as it seems money's all they're into as of late.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2005, 08:27:15 PM »
Waaaait, Advent Children is a movie? Funny how I was looking at screenshots for that and didn't know it was a movie.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2005, 11:58:08 AM »
Yeah, AC is a movie. I really wanna see it too, however I don't think it's in the US yet. I was watching G4/TechTV and this show came on and was talking about Final Fantasy, talking about the best male, female, summon, nemisis, and such and btw, Cloud won best male, Aeris won best female, and Sephiroth won best nemisis. :P I knew that would happen of course ;) Anyways, on that show there was a square enix guy who mentioned a complete remake of the FFVII game. But of course it could have been some kind of publicity thing. Anyways, the thought is cool.

I heard about that vincent shoot em up game. It sounds pretty cool, but as far as the Before Crisis game though, it doesnt' exactly sound cool.

Anyways, I'm sure you're sick of hearing from a fanboy of FF ((even though i'm sure there are more out there))

Edited by - gunblade88 on 1/7/2005 11:28:42 AM

Print