Print

Author Topic: If no one watches the Pokemon T.V. show, why is it still on the air?  (Read 14391 times)

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2004, 03:46:26 PM »
It seems like the better parts of the Pokémon show center around the remarks in Red Paratroopa's first post in this thread. More and more, the gap number of episodes between gym battles increases.
Because of this, and many other factors, I have stopped watching the show several weeks ago.

"Now go home and eat some vegetables! Dr. Mario’s orders!" -Super Mario World, King Scoopa Koopa (DIC, 1991)

Edited by - marioseeker on 5/15/2004 2:47:53 PM

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2004, 07:02:37 PM »
I believe the show would have gone downhill a long time ago if it were dubbed by DiC or Funamation.  While I have not seen any Funamation shows, I've seen and liked several DIC cartoons in my life (Sabrina, Mario World, SMB3, Sonic, Archie's Weird Mysteries, The Littles, etc, etc.)

"Now go home and eat some vegetables! Dr. Mario’s orders!" -Super Mario World, King Scoopa Koopa (DIC, 1991)

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2004, 03:11:27 PM »
I just read on TV Tome that Pokémon has been renewed for three more dubbed seasons!

"That will really put the pressure on those phony Koopa plumbers" -Adventures of Super Mario Bros 3., Toddler Terros of Time Travel (DiC, 1990)

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2004, 03:47:46 PM »
I don't why they show these stupid shows. Pokemon isn't the first show to do something like this. Power Rangers is still making more seasons as they go. I clearly don't see why the Pokemon game series on Game Boy is as sucessful as it was when it first came out. They're all the same.

Mario Party 6?!!!!! Who saw that one comin''?

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2004, 03:48:43 PM »
I don't why they show these stupid shows. Pokemon isn't the first show to do something like this. Power Rangers is still making more seasons as they go. I clearly don't see why the Pokemon game series on Game Boy is as sucessful as it was when it first came out. They're all the same.

Mario Party 6?!!!!! Who saw that one comin''?

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2004, 06:57:27 PM »
Um, that's like saying SMB and SMW are the same.

"They say that opposites attract. She''s really something and I''m really nothing. How much more opposite can you get?"- Charlie Brown
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2004, 04:43:20 PM »
With three more seasons, that means at least 156 episodes.  Soon, it will become the longest running cartoon/anime in history when it ends its run (IF it ends)

"That will really put the pressure on those phony Koopa plumbers" -Adventures of Super Mario Bros 3., Toddler Terros of Time Travel (DiC, 1990)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2004, 08:57:40 PM »
Every incarnation of Power Rangers is an entirely different series in Japan.

The universe is permeated with the odor of turpentine.
That was a joke.

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2004, 09:56:16 PM »
Now is it true that Power Rangers was some Japanese show with newly shot "American teen" scenes thrown in? That would make a whole lotta sense now that I think about it, from what I remember.

And I wanna see the original.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2004, 01:27:47 AM »
Yeah, the stars of the show even said it themselves, it was crappy Japanese footage with even crappier American actors.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2004, 09:11:11 AM »
I have always hated Power Rangers.  I mean, this might not seem like a good enough reason, but Power Rangers is the reason that the Saturday Morning Sonic cartoon got cancelled!  Yep, the piece of !@#$ that was Power Rangers couldn't even compare to the great Sonic cartoon, and they cancelled Sonic in favor of it anyway!  That is why I hate ABC's Saturday morning programming!  Because they lost me as a viewer after they pulled the most blatant screwjob in Saturday Morning cartoon history!
I was only 7-8 at the time, but I knew ABC had just screwed me, and I would never watch them again until Recess was created.  And then when Recess ended its run, I said "Screw ABC" and found the Fox Box to be much better.  They may have some crappy shows, but at least they are smart enough not to replace their most popular cartoon (Sonic X) with crap ( Cramp Twins)  And the sad thing is, Power Rangers is still on TV on ABC!!!  That ticks me off, because Sonic could have had at least one more season had it not been for those idiots' decision to screw all the Sonic fans by cancelling Sonic in favor of &^%%(%#@ Power Rangers!!!

I really had to get that off my chest after holding it in for 10 years.

Proud to be an American!

Edited by - Jman on 4/16/2005 5:43:54 PM
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2004, 10:59:57 PM »
Yes, LD. But it goes far deeper than that, and some of the shows were cool. (Such as Goggle-V, which has indirectly spawned many happy memories for me.)

Link.

The universe is permeated with the odor of turpentine.

That was a joke.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2004, 07:00:48 PM »
There's this one episode of Pokemon where Ash goes to this place with Charizard that has a bunch of other Charizards and ASh's Charizard loses and stuff, but at the end he's allowed inside to train with them while Ash runs away and that's the end.  My question is, What happens to Charizard?  That episode was so sad!  Is there a part 2 episode of that one?  If so, what happens?  And what did Charizard do at the end?  Did he join the Charizards on the mountain, or what?

I wish I was in the forest with a dragon right now.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2004, 12:14:31 PM »
Charizard stays behind.

"A person is a person, no matter how small."- Horton the Elephant
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2004, 05:48:56 PM »
Now that the seventh season of Pokémon has started, what do you think it will be like?

Print