Print

Author Topic: If you met God...  (Read 5631 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2004, 01:40:11 PM »
According to the first book of the Bible we were created in God's image and become sinful because we obtained the knowledge of good and evil.  I think this makes us more like God.  Not that God sins (that may be interesting), but that He knows everything so since we now know about good and evil our knowledge while likely much less than God's is now closer to his than before the tree.  So, I think I know the reason for the symbolism of the fruit on the tree.  It shows that we have free will.  I thinks its kind of like the difference between movies and video games.  Before the "knowledge" we were a movie to God in the since that everything was preplaned (althought quantum mechanics disagrees with this), but after the "knowledge" we have free will and it is more like he a video game AI and different plot lines and endings.  In this way I do not believe that God knows how everything will happen.  I see him as like the game programmer who knows all the different possiblities, but not for sure what any one player will do.  Because if he did we may not have free will.  I am not saying that he has no affect on the outcome of everything, but instead choices to limit his affect on it in order that we be more like him.  I could be wrong and it doesn't really matter in the big picture anyway.

I would ask:

We did you create the Devil (or allow him to fall as described in a book that is not part of the Bible) and Hell?  Having someone like the Devil trick us seems to be against our free will and why have a hell for those who He allowed not to praise him.

What happens to babies, children, or adults for that matter who never learned about God?  I have heard people say that those people go to heaven or at least get a second chance.  If they go to heaven wouldn't couldn't that be used as justification for killing all the young and not spreading the word.  And if they get a second chance does everyone?  Aslo, what about people who died before Jesus was born, people of other religions, Jews, and the retarded?

Did Jesus have free will and if so could he have sinned?  I think he had free will because He asked to let the cup pass, but took God's will over His.

And for non-religious questions.

Whe killed Kennedy and why?

Are there other beings like us?

Are there other Gods?

Is there a GUT (Grand Unified Theory) or TOE (Theory of Everything)?

Can you bypass the Uncertainty Principle?

That's enough series stuff.

Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?

Where's Waldo's dog?

How many licks does it take to get the the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

Simpsons' quotes:

"Christmas is a time when people of all religions come together to worship Jesus Christ."

"God bless those pagans."

<P>
---
<P>
<a href="http://www.geocities.com/dr_shows/RandomSignatures.htm">Random Signature[/url]
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2004, 02:09:34 PM »
Ok LD. All babies go to heaven because they don't have minds or even know anything. The people that are mentaly retarted most likely go to heaven since they dont have the understanding of Jesus. The people of other religions, is their choice on which religion they want to take part in. Some people may choose the wrong religion, and thats their choice. They may truly beleive in it so they me blinded to the truth. It's kind of weird to think that God gives us the free will to choose, when he knows the path we will choose to take. Sometimes it doesn't make sense to know that God knows the future, and still knows that some people will not be exposed to the truth.  He knows that someone born to the wrong religion will not make it to heaven, therfore I dont understand sometimes why he chooses to create such people. But then again, us as humans think logical, therfore we dont understand they way God acts sometimes. God sometimes isn't logical. I don't realy understand that its our choice, considering he already knows what we're going to choice to do.

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2004, 09:52:51 PM »
Yoit? Why was that directed at me?

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2004, 10:10:36 PM »
Apparently you're the only person that cares if babies go to Heaven or not.

Reality slowed bent Time and.
The and on Eggman But on went.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2004, 11:08:50 PM »
"Oh yes, Markio, it says in the Bible that if you disrespect your parents, that God will cut years off your life."

Unless you ask forgiveness in prayer.

Eh, the babies going to Heaven or not brings up abortion.

I believe abortion is completely wrong because you could call it murder. A fetus starts to move after 3 weeks of gestation, so you could classify it as living. Now, if you take away one's life, you've oviously commited  
Formerly quite reasonable.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2004, 11:09:06 PM »
"Oh yes, Markio, it says in the Bible that if you disrespect your parents, that God will cut years off your life."

Unless you ask forgiveness in prayer.

Eh, the babies going to Heaven or not brings up abortion.

I believe abortion is completely wrong because you could call it murder. A fetus starts to move after 3 weeks of gestation, so you could classify it as living. Now, if you take away one's life, you've obviously commited a murder. Am I right?

"Big doubles, no troubles!" ~Todd Lyons
Formerly quite reasonable.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2004, 12:12:12 AM »
Lizard Dude, I think Killa of PS2's post was actually a reply to the pervious post I made since his post was about several things that was in the post I had made just before his.  But since it has been suggested that Luigison and Lizard Dude are split pesonalities of the same person I can forgive his mistake.

TEM, I hope your post was sarcasm.  I would hate to that only Lizard Dude (and I) care about what happens to babies.

Trainman, praying for forgiveness is not all you have to do.  You also have to repent.  It's kind of like the Bart Simpsons saying, "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!"
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2004, 12:17:52 PM »
The sarcasm contained in that post was off the preverbial charts.

Reality slowed bent Time and.
The and on Eggman But on went.

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2004, 11:43:19 AM »
Do blind people see dreams?

What material is time? (it has to be some material  cuz if you dive deep to black hole,time stretches.)

When fly flies to the ceiling,how can it suddenly turn around so it can take a good catch to the ceiling?

Will macintos and Windows ever team up?

(insert signature here)

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2004, 12:42:04 PM »
TEM: To answer taht question of yours early on in the thread: I told Luigison the same thing, Male Lactation is possible in extreme cases (That means we can make milk, too, but it'd probably be all disgusting).

And Mariofan 7: Good questions, but they all have answers even a regular person can answer.

Especially the last one: No. The day they team up will be the day I've gone to an insane asylum.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2004, 04:05:39 PM »
i agree,i think PC and mac will never do that.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2004, 05:27:24 PM »
OK, this has been bugging me for almost a month now, and I have to post this just to get it over with.

First of all, Sapph, LD's question was what God would do FOR a Klondike Bar, not what he would do to GET one.  If he created one or created people to make one, it wouldn't be a challenge, he would just be doing what would be nencessary to get one.

Second of all, why are you answering questions that aren't for you to answer?  People are asking GOD.  I don't mean just you Sapph, but seriously, the point of this thread seems more like it's edging toward asking the unanswerable, not answering questions for people.

Sorry if I'm coming off as a jerk, but my conscience feels more guilty not saying this than keeping quiet and suffering internally for not saying this thing which I just had to say.

I wish I was in the forest with a dragon right now.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2004, 07:56:57 PM »
If everybody's supposed to be happy in heaven, what would happen if two people who don't like each other(but were fairly decent people otherwise) got into heaven, and either of them would only be happy if the other was UNHAPPY?

Edited by - CashCrazed on 8/3/2004 6:59:03 PM
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2004, 03:10:04 AM »
if you get to heaven,but you want to be evil. Will god send you to hell,or keep you in the heaven?
maybe heaven is a place where people can BE evil or happy.
if someone cuts your leg off,will the leg be in the heaven waiting for you?
we're all gonna die someday.
if you'd be immortal,would you be real ugly in 400 years?
if you'd know everything,would you know how you die? If you would know that,you'd probably know how to make that not to happen? If so,would you be immortal?
why does everything have to cost? why we don't get it for free? The food would be cloned,and money would be throwen out.what kind of life would be that?
how can this be?
Is there another universum where is other boy typing to some forums and thinking is there another universum?
why do i collect bottlecaps?
why do i have bottlecaps in total 357,but only 80 different?
how can the light go always off,but only some times on?
if a robotic hamster runs inside of a hamsterwheel,and when the wheel spins,it creates energy to the hamster, would it run forever?
if light goes faster than light,and not turn to light,
will it be able to go to past? if the same technic is used,can there be a time machine?
why didn't the four giants eat the moon?
most of the humans see 0,000005 seconds to the future,if this technic is advanced,can people see to the future?
are there ghosts?
if you stay in same position for a year,(you will get someone to feed you.)
and then,you turn around,will it be awesome feeling?
can you answer these questions?

Push button, Receive coffee!

Edited by - mariofan 7 on 8/4/2004 2:40:22 AM

Print