Print

Author Topic: I need to be more active on the forums.  (Read 1960 times)

Sunbun

• Tapcap
« on: February 26, 2005, 02:30:17 PM »
my idleness needs to stop. gah. ever have one of those times when you have too much going on in your life that you didn't have time to check the FF?

~sunbun

fun to play with, not to eat
"Sunbun is...doing whatever Sunbun does" -WarpRattler

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 02:57:43 PM »
I've been having one of those times for almost a year. But I believe it's almost over.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 06:43:34 PM »
I tend to have too much going on in the forums so that I don't have time for life—or at least for video games. But it's the same principle.

I have left the forums several times in the past because of being too busy, though.

Why "e3"??

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 10:22:25 PM »
I tried to leave. But Now I just stay up late and post. I dont get as many in, but I still can come despiet track.

Push Button...
Receive Bacon! ®
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2005, 11:02:41 PM »
I think my forum (and lately, chatroom) participation goes in a certain cycle:
1) Average Participation; posting in a variety of topics and when I feel like it.
2) Frantic Spamming; posting whenever possible, wherever possible.  This usually results in me posting/doing something incredibly stupid or widely disapproved.
3) Realization; the point when I realize that I've been an idiot for a while.
4) Resolution; trying to fix the problem somehow, which usually results in...
5) Limited Posting; when I post rarely and only if something REALLY bothers me.  In this case, I will never post in MWA, Stupid Q&A, etc..
6) Moving Back; when I realize that #5 isn't really doing anything and I come back to both the forums and the chatroom, but still limit and watch what I say.
7) Go back to #1.

I think I'm at #6 right now...

"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2005, 12:27:05 AM »
After nine months of daily posting, I said I was going to go out and try to hang around here less, but I was only gone for one day.  Of course, after that, I've been gone up to five days in a row, or something.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print