Print

Author Topic: It just keeps on getting gayer and gayer...  (Read 5701 times)

« on: March 30, 2002, 11:48:17 AM »
Here's the Super Mario Sunshine plot from Nintendo.com:

"The adventure starts when Mario and Peach decide to take a well-deserved vacation to a beautiful island in a remote location. Since the island is perpetually sunny and inhabited by friendly locals, it seemed like the perfect choice at first.

In typical fashion, poor Mario never gets a chance to relax. When he arrives on the island, he notices ugly scribble marks covering the walls throughout the community. What's worse, the person responsible for the scribbling has disguised himself to look just like Mario!

Mario is falsely accused by the locals, so he decides to get to the bottom of things. Armed with a new water-pumping backpack, Mario sets out to clean up the scribbling and reveal the identity of the true villain."

Uggh... sure the "Bowser taking Peach" storyline is getting boring after all these years, but at least it's not Mario trying to prove the he didn't paint the walls!

"Sure, most Nintendo fans remain hopeful, because this is essentially a pre-requisite for being a Nintendo fan, but I personally have had enough. This company seems to hate its consumers. It doesn''t even know who the hell they are. We are not a bunch of idiot kids who want 10-hours in Miyamoto''s garden marvelling at how detailed the textures are on some giant tincan. We want ACTUAL VIDEOGAMES! Of course, Nintendo are too high on themselves to realize this."

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2002, 05:19:46 PM »
 It doesn't seem so bad. I mean, sure, it is directed towards the younger crowd, which seems to be most of this forum, but I'm placing my trust in Miyamoto. It is his game, and I think he should do what he wants, I'm sick of people complaining, if you don't like it don't buy it.
 Take the new Zelda style for example. Many people, and many is an understatement, have shown their outrage at the new design, but if Miyamoto has faith in it, and believes it to be a better choice, then I'm placing my full support in him.
 I don't see why others can not do the same.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2002, 08:26:05 PM »
1. I don't think the new Zelda game style will work.... Those games are directed toward an older audience, and a cartoony look would hinder their buying the game.

2. Mario Sunshine? Yes, that is a game for younger audiences, so If you don't like the plot fine. But what makes it "gay"?

3. I wanna rub this in. The word (phrase) is "more gay" not "gayer".

*My real signature went on strike, said something about "unfair working conditions". So, this is a temporary replacement sig, until I can work things out with the real sig.
~I.S.~

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2002, 10:49:44 PM »
Thats it i've had it with nintendo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      There making such kiddy games for nintendo. They need to make good games with good story lines!!!!!
  i'm glad you brought this up!!!!!!!        (Do you agree??)

People are who they are and thats that!!!!!!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2002, 08:44:41 AM »
 "1. I don't think the new Zelda game style will work.... Those games are directed toward an older audience, and a cartoony look would hinder their buying the game."

I'm not too sure about that myself. If the people do not buy it because of the graphics, than they shouldn't be buying it in the first place. I kind of like the style, because it's taking an opposite direction than Square Soft. Don't you remember good ol' Final Fantasy 4? How about 5 and 6? What about 1?
 None of them a graphical feat by today's standards, but all very good games. However, now days, Sqaure seems to be pushing their graphical branch the most. All their games have been about the graphics lately. FF8, FF9, FF10. Don't get me wrong, they are all good games, excluding 8.

But I think, a real Zelda fan would, at least check it out, despite the graphics.

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2002, 10:42:30 AM »
I think you should at least give Super Mario Sunshine a chance,frostbite. At least rent it and try it out before you complain about it.

I''m-a Luigi, number one!
 I''''m-a Luigi, number one!

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2002, 11:00:52 AM »
I know it's "more gay", but "It just keeps getting more gay and more gay..." isn't as catchy.

"Sure, most Nintendo fans remain hopeful, because this is essentially a pre-requisite for being a Nintendo fan, but I personally have had enough. This company seems to hate its consumers. It doesn''t even know who the hell they are. We are not a bunch of idiot kids who want 10-hours in Miyamoto''s garden marvelling at how detailed the textures are on some giant tincan. We want ACTUAL VIDEOGAMES! Of course, Nintendo are too high on themselves to realize this."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2002, 06:58:25 PM »
I did not say the Zelda game would be BAD due to the graphics, It is just that all the shallow people that buy games because "the graphics <look cool>" Won't buy it, even though they bought the other N64 Zelda games, because "the graphics <are stupid>"

(note, the <blah> things are not what they'd really say, but a euphenism for something leess appropriate)

*My real signature went on strike, said something about "unfair working conditions". So, this is a temporary replacement sig, until I can work things out with the real sig.
~I.S.~

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2002, 07:12:09 PM »
 I believe what you just said, to be what I was attempting to get across, only in a less blatent way. But it's nice to see someone who actually agrees with what I have to say, for once.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2002, 07:22:25 PM »
Well, I never buy games just for the graphics... that is too shallow. Unfortanatly, that is the type of gamer that dominates our school....

PROFILE OF THIS KIND OF GAMER:
liked genres: 1st person shooter, sports game, anything with cool graphics, any games they used to play when they were 8
hated genres: anything else.
Reaction to ppl who like the same games: I can kick your --- at *game*
Reaction to ppl who like a game they hate: You are gay, and stupid! You <insert inappropriate invectives here>, then he spreads rumors about that person

there. I HATE THOSE TYPES OF GAMERS!!!!

~I.S.~

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2002, 07:56:55 PM »
 Shallow? I think that may be going abit far. Many games are out there for the graphic hungry people.
 Different people have different tastes. Some like to play games that look cool, others for story, some for gameplay, and even for the music or innovation.
 Personally I buy for the story for RPG's and the fun aspect in some others. However, all of the others play a role in my desicions, graphics being the least.
 I too dislike it when games and even people are insulted for their oppinions toward games, and that counts for the people who like graphics as well. I say, let them be.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2002, 08:15:01 PM »
ok, maybe they aren't "shallow", but i find myself not talking about video games that much at my school because my tastes are very different than the norm (I really like Tetris Attack. This game is a nightmare for ppl with an ersatz macho image to keep up! Oh well, the game it was derived from, Paneru de Pon, was even less "tough" Some people can say the graphics are for little girls even...)

Point is, I don't care as much about graphics as I do fun value.

~I.S.~

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2002, 11:21:39 PM »
Where did you even dig that story up? I'm sure nintendo won't make it that kiddy. But even if they do, I'm going to play it. it looks cool, challenging, and it's a new take on the classic mario style. As for zelda, I actually prefer the new style(the 64 link is weird looking). Course' What do I know? I'm the guy that wakes up saturday to watch kiddie cartoons.

Some of them want to use you.
Some of them want to be used by you.
Some of them want to abuse you.
Some of them want to be abused.
Yeah, your like an inch away from my face and it is REALLY creepin'' me out.

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2002, 03:18:54 PM »
there's nothing wrong with:
watching cartoons
playing video games
reading comic books
or any of the other geeky things i do

also i like mario not for the graphics, but for the fun!  even if it is kiddie fun...
well as long as it's not the zeta project or the mummy cartoon

i still haven't seen link's new design..can anyone give me a website to check out

0 0-/< in honor of all our fallen comrades, may they go to a better place >\-0<

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2002, 05:56:45 PM »
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Yes, I am F-Man from TUNMB.
I like this site by the way,
can I?

Print