Print

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. GBA, NDS, or REV?  (Read 6421 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: April 01, 2005, 12:42:59 PM »
Nintendo recently released Naruto Jump Superstars GBA in Japan:

This made me think that Super Smash Bros. would work for GBA or NDS.  Since the Super Smash Bros. series is one of if not the most sold game series Nintendo has I think it would be a good move for them to make versions for their other systems.

Would you rather have the next Super Smash Bros. game on GameBoy Advance, Nintendo DS, or Revolution?  Why?

Edit: It's "src", not "scr".

Edited by - Luigison on 4/1/2005 10:58:12 AM

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 03:09:46 PM »
Without zooming, I don't know if Jump Superstars is going to be nearly as good as SSB/SSBM.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 03:31:00 PM »
I agree.  I would like to see a noline DS version with one screen showing everything and the other zoomed in on your characters general area.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 05:52:09 PM »
Probably not on GBA, if only because of the graphics restrictions.  I would definately like one on the Revolution, though.  To be honest, I'd be surprised if they didn't make one.  And as for the DS, I think it would be pretty nifty if they could pull it off.  I think Smash Bros is one of those excellent "I've got some time to kill" games, so it would be great to have it on a handheld system and be able to carry it around with you.

-----------------------------
"The bigger they are, the harder I fight."

Edited by - kamikaze koopa on 4/1/2005 3:53:46 PM
"The bigger they are, the harder I fight."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 06:18:57 PM »
I want one on Revolution and NDS. NDS due to portablity, and higher button count. Plus the ability to use the touchscreen on menus. As for Revolution, it's Revolution! I don't need a reason for that.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 06:18:57 PM »
I agree. A Revolution SSB would be extremly punk rock. Not only would the graphics be superb, but they could probably fit a lot more characters and levels, supposing the Revolution would have a lot more memory. I like how Nintendo is only releasing SSB on their TV-counsels. I think that a SSB on a portable counsel would only taint the whole SSB series. They're doing fine how they're doing it now. Keep it up, Nintendo.

"You can milk anything with nipples."~Gaylord Focker
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2005, 03:55:36 PM »
Not GBA. An SSB on GBA would have not too many options. How strong is a DS? I, personally, want it on the Revoultion because it would have tons of options on such a console. Since the GameCube is 128-bit console, then will the Revolution be 256-bit?

General [plus] Mario [plus] Chat

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2005, 05:22:35 PM »
It's hard to imagine graphics taking such a huge leap, but I guess that's what we said in magnificent late 90's and year 2000 when we were awaiting the upcoming GameCube.

"You can milk anything with nipples."~Gaylord Focker
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2005, 07:09:56 PM »
The GameCube is a 64-bit system. I imagine Revolution will also be 64-bit.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2005, 07:05:57 PM »
What?! The 'Cube is only 64-Bit?! What was the 64 then? The SNES? Why aren't the characters all polygony? Look at SSBM. The characters are practically perfect aside from some trophy carelessness. SSBM even keeps track of how many times you've tuned the game on!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2005, 07:09:52 PM »
Bits and MHZ are not longer important.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2005, 08:29:06 PM »
N64 was 64-bit, and SNES was 16-bit.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2005, 02:54:08 PM »
Chupperson... if the GameCube is only 64-bit then why did you tell my a long time ago that it was 128??? It's 128. So is the PS2 and so is the X-Box.

General [plus] Mario [plus] Chat

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2005, 09:00:14 PM »
I'd much prefere one on the Revolution. I mean, it more than likely going to have a SSB game. The DS would be cool too, but as I said I most want Revolution.

Random Anime Quote:

"Women may be from Venus, but Junpei from Uranus."-Ritsuko, Thoes Who Hunt Elves episode 7.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2005, 11:52:58 PM »
If Nintendo does the right thing and uses the touch screen to its full potential, then I would more than likely buy SSB DS.

Edited by - No-One on Whichever day that happens to be convenient for me at Whatever time I feel like it.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Print