Print

Author Topic: Play as Princess Peach in the new freeware game Sorry Mario Bros!  (Read 4863 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: July 31, 2013, 10:55:10 PM »
Wouldn't it be awesome if Nintendo game made a Super Mario Bros. style game, but let you be Princess Peach instead? Okay, sure, they got close with Super Princess Peach (which was fantastic in its own right), but if you ever wanted to see how Peach would escape King Koopa once she was in his clutches, then you'll want to check out Sorry Mario Bros!, a freeware game created by brothers Casey and Scott Goodrow, who founded their own indie game studio called "The Wild Eternal". In two weeks, the duo was able to completely recreate three of Super Mario Bros.'s original levels (I don't want to spoil which levels, but you'll be pleasantly surprised) with the ability to play as Princess Peach as she escapes Bowser's castle and heads back to her home in The Mushroom Kingdom. The reason she can suddenly free herself? Why, the ability to jump of course!

Princess takes action, utilizing her classic "float" ability from Super Mario Bros. 2 to soar past enemies, which in this version of the game you must avoid, lest you have points taken away from you. In addition to special "pink" coins, this game has plenty of little things going for it that make it a must play for any Mario fan, especially when you see what happens when you meet up with our favorite mustachioed turtle-stomper.

Download the game and read what inspired the developers to create it by clicking here!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 11:43:52 PM by Deezer »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Print