Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy released early?  (Read 10166 times)

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 02:59:54 AM »
Nah man, it's because three of us in a row just mentioned getting funneled to GameStop by Target.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 12:20:33 PM »
I can't remember if I ever participated in one of those "preorder___and get a free___" things, but if I did, I'm sure it didn't work. There was, of course, those times I bought Wind Waker and Wario World at K-Mart... they gave out guides with them, but totally ****ed up the covers with these massive "free with players guide at K-mart" printed DIRECTLY ON THE COVER. Not a sticker!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2007, 06:07:01 AM »
Poeple, here's the deal. When you perorder Super Mario Galaxy, you go to the store to pick it up (duh). If you preordered it before they said you get the free coin, you still get the free coin. And you pick it up with the game. If your having it delivered to your house (like myself) then i dont know.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2007, 10:45:15 AM »
I got a free towel with Super Mario Sunshine.
It's still in its plastic.
That was a joke.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2007, 10:57:10 AM »
You can always order them online, so if theres a mistake, it's their mistake******.

******usually...
"it's always the present"

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2007, 02:18:12 PM »
That towel seems pretty cool.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2007, 07:30:03 PM »
Breaking the release date has happened fairly frequently, but seeing as how Nintendo doesn't ship the games out until release day
I don't think that's true, for a few reasons:

#1: You can't ship games that quickly. You think they shipped the Wiis on the release date? You wouldn't get them until the day after the release date.
#2: I went to Future Shop (on the official Nintendo release date) and asked if they had it. They said it was in the back/storage room, but they couldn't give it to me, because the release date (for Future Shop) was the next day. I went to Wal-Mart the same day and bought it there.
P.S. It was in EB Games too.

Conclusion: It is possible to break the release date, but only if theres some kind of mistake with the staff/computer or something.

You can probably tell that I'm VERY bored....
"it's always the present"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2007, 12:35:37 AM »
Generally, Nintendo's games don't show up on shelves until a day or so after release. MB never said they didn't ship the systems out earlier.
That was a joke.

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2007, 04:04:02 PM »
I can't wait for it to come out! Anyway, both of my nearby EB Games get the games like a week,3 days bfore it comes out.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2007, 06:06:58 PM »
First Mistake: Going to Wal-Mart
Second Mistake: Asking about video games there
Third Mistake: Believing what the people there, who obviously know nothing about video games, say.

Solution: Go to GameStop, or EB, or whatever you have around where you live. You can pre-order games there, and get a coin. And they know what they're talking about.

Oh, and Galaxy's coming out on November 12th.

The people at GameStop know nothing, I asked some guy working there about the release date of The Bigs fo Wii, and he said that it wasn't coming out for Wii...
Then about 2 days later I went to BestBuy and got The Bigs for Wii!!!!!!!!
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2007, 06:38:40 PM »
Could someone tell me what this so-called "coin" is?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2007, 06:57:45 PM »

It comes in a nice Luma-decorated cardboard box just about the same size as a Wii game box with a tiny certificate of authenticity. My box coin is in the box in the plastic sleeve it came in, and that's in my closet.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2007, 07:08:51 PM »
Definitely didn't get one those. >_< 

I don't think the people at my local Software Etc. know all that much when it comes to the indepth perspective of video games.  Then again, some of them probably don't play video games for a living.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2007, 07:45:48 PM »
It comes in a nice Luma-decorated cardboard box just about the same size as a Wii game box with a tiny certificate of authenticity. My box coin is in the box in the plastic sleeve it came in, and that's in my closet.

How do you get one? Does it come with the game, or what?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2007, 09:15:03 PM »
If you preordered, you'll get it free. But you have to ask for it, or the clueless dude who only works there one day a week won't know to give it to you. This is for GameStop and Target only, I believe...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print