Print

Author Topic: Mario & Luigi 3 Coming in 2009  (Read 73137 times)

« Reply #165 on: February 04, 2009, 10:37:17 PM »
Well, that's no fun.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #166 on: February 04, 2009, 10:42:16 PM »
Just like (un)said game.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #167 on: February 04, 2009, 10:48:43 PM »
Majora's Mask is considered short?
(SotC isn't as short as Ico, which I happen to like more, incidentally.)
That was a joke.

« Reply #168 on: February 04, 2009, 11:02:08 PM »
Eh, it's only one other guy's opinion anyway.
I think just the extended amount of "freedom" as opposed to being confined in Peach's castle & past locales of the Kingdom is a very welcome addition.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 11:59:58 PM by Fullmetal Mari0 »
"Silly Bowsie, tiers are for queers!"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #169 on: February 04, 2009, 11:57:58 PM »
Chup actually does have a point. Majora's Mask is packed with arguably more content than Ocarina of Time was, but people judge by the low dungeon count an ignore the huge amount of time spent between dungeons.

I didn't think Partners in Time was too short. I just hated the collecting system being used. Superstar Saga was more fluid, with no "chapters." One thing after another. The Beanstar pieces go against that a little bit, but you could really tackle those tasks in almost any order desired, if I remember correctly. Partners in Time had the blasted Cobalt Star Shards cutting the game up accordingly, with some fluid storyline after the Whomp Volcano bit.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #170 on: February 05, 2009, 06:05:52 PM »
Majora's Mask is packed with arguably more content than Ocarina of Time

I didn't think Partners in Time was too short. I just hated the collecting system being used. Superstar Saga was more fluid, with no "chapters." One thing after another. The Beanstar pieces go against that a little bit, but you could really tackle those tasks in almost any order desired, if I remember correctly. Partners in Time had the blasted Cobalt Star Shards cutting the game up accordingly, with some fluid storyline after the Whomp Volcano bit.

Majora's Mask was confusing: I'm ashamed to admit, but the save system threw me off. I had to keep playing until I got sick of it.

You're right: M&L was more fluid, and you could tackle the Beanstar pieces in any order. I hope M&L3 is more fluid and less of go here, do this..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #171 on: February 05, 2009, 06:08:04 PM »
Agreed. And in relation to the previous debate over series boxarts: http://www.nineoverten.com/2009/02/06/looking-through-mario-luigi-rpg-series-game-covers/
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #172 on: February 05, 2009, 07:43:29 PM »
Saving in MM is simple. Your progress is saved whenever you play the Song of Time, but a lot of what you've done is not. Basically you keep important things--bosses defeated, masks, weapons, songs learned, money that you have deposited to the bank in West Clock Town. You cannot really save mid-dungeon, or mid-anything for that matter, or you have to start it all over. It's do or die. You can make a save file at an owl statue and everything you've done that three-day cycle is kept, but time isn't reset. Some players can go through the game all in one three-day cycle (after the mandatory one where you're a Deku and can't do anything about it). I'm not one of those people.

Yep. Boxes. I can't wait to see what ours looks like. Or maybe I can. Given the premise of the game I can't be sure. The Japanese boxes all suck though. Books and covers, of course, but they don't do the games justice at all. Sometimes less is a good less--the MOTHER series has always had plain red boxes in Japan, which are strangely hypnotic as if to say "We'll just let this game speak for itself." You could say the same about the Japanese M&L boxes except for that they have just a tap too much for that. Superstar Saga and Partners in Time, on the other hand, have really impressive boxes that fit the games like gloves. Looking at them makes me want to play the games. That's good advertising right there.
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #173 on: February 05, 2009, 08:36:33 PM »
I just wanna see what the game's US title is gonna be. Hopefully it'll be a play on Fantastic Voyage. I wanna be right. :D

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #174 on: February 05, 2009, 09:07:18 PM »
I think the thing I'm looking for most in this game is an appearance from Popple. He was by far my favorite villian in SS, mostly because of his awesome battle music. On that subject, it'd be pretty cool if this game (or more RPGs in general) had MOTHER-style music, i.e. there's a ton of different battle songs, one for each few enemies. Just a thought.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #175 on: February 05, 2009, 09:13:16 PM »
Oh yeah. They went all out with that in MOTHER 3. Different versions of the same enemy have different versions of the same song, even.
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #176 on: February 05, 2009, 10:09:33 PM »
Am I the only one who got so turned off by PiT that I'm not really even looking forward to this?
That was a joke.

« Reply #177 on: February 05, 2009, 10:25:04 PM »
Yes.
"Silly Bowsie, tiers are for queers!"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #178 on: February 05, 2009, 11:26:42 PM »
I don't think those results are accurate.
That was a joke.

« Reply #179 on: February 06, 2009, 01:35:06 PM »
Am I the only one who got so turned off by PiT that I'm not really even looking forward to this?

PiT wasn't that bad, but fi this game and several others come out at once that I want, this one is going to be lower priority. I don't even have Animal Crossing:CF yet..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print