Print

Author Topic: Brawl's Ups and Downs  (Read 99471 times)

« Reply #225 on: April 13, 2008, 02:54:04 PM »
Some of the "first appearences" listed there are wrong. It said Shadows first appearence was Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, but it was the original Sonic Adventure 2 for the Dreamcast.
I don't think it says anywhere that those are supposed to include the first appearance. It's just two significant games of the trophy, the first of which is usually the first appearance. A lot of times, the second game is the most recent appearance.

For the Sonic and Metal Gear stuff, I think they favor Nintendo appearances. That's why they cite SADX:DC instead of SA and MGS:TTS intead of MGS.

-Lizard Dude

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #226 on: April 13, 2008, 05:43:40 PM »
For the Sonic and Metal Gear stuff, I think they favor Nintendo appearances. That's why they cite SADX:DC instead of SA and MGS:TTS intead of MGS.
...And why they don't show the systems games that weren't on a Nintendo consoles came out on. As such, congrats to Sakurai for his ability to live in an alternate dimension where Nintendo is the only videogame console maker.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #227 on: April 13, 2008, 06:07:21 PM »
I'm pretty sure Nintendo can't legally put PlayStation logos in their games, ShadowBrian. Don't blame Sakurai.

-LD

« Reply #228 on: April 13, 2008, 06:26:04 PM »
Not even just the name itself?

Man, PlayStation 3 should have an expansion module that lets you play XBox games on it.  Then it would be worthwhile.
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #229 on: April 13, 2008, 06:50:03 PM »
I'm pretty sure Nintendo can't legally put PlayStation logos in their games, ShadowBrian. Don't blame Sakurai.

-LD

ShadowBrian?

Not even just the name itself?

Man, PlayStation 3 should have an expansion module that lets you play XBox games on it.  Then it would be worthwhile.

But then that would equal to lawsuits up the....... behind.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #230 on: April 13, 2008, 07:08:53 PM »
No it wouldn't!  It would just be sticking it to XBox for being so easy to copy.
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #231 on: April 13, 2008, 09:51:30 PM »
Seems like if they can mention the Game & Watch games with Mickey Mouse in the chronicle, they should be able to mention the PlayStation.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #232 on: April 13, 2008, 10:09:39 PM »
Oh... Well, good point. I guess that makes sense.

...And if I have to be "ShadowBrian" one more time, you get to be "Liserd Dude".

« Reply #233 on: April 14, 2008, 12:47:23 AM »
I was going to say something about Mickey Mouse for G&W (something along the lines of "it came out before licensing rules interfered or before bridges were burned, so everything's fine", amounting to the same reason that we got Goldeneye for N64 but we're almost guaranteed never to see it on Virtual Console for Wii), but decided against it because I didn't know whether I'd be making a fool of myself. Except I just told you what I was going to say.

Easy mistake, changing Brain to Brian. And vice-versa, you know, for any people or characters that happen to have one of those two names. It reminded me of how not everyone knows Brian Jacque's last name is pronounced "Jakes", so they come up with some weird pronunciation (I think I've said "Jockeys" myself, or maybe "Jock" in case it was like Jacque Crusoe).

Maybe I'll practice drawing Kalypso just so if and when I do a Mario fanart, I can make everyone twitch in annoyance by throwing her in as a cameo.
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #234 on: April 14, 2008, 06:24:32 AM »
Brian Jacque's last name is pronounced "Jakes"
*Darth Vader "NOOOO"*

« Reply #235 on: April 14, 2008, 09:25:11 AM »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #236 on: April 14, 2008, 07:27:37 PM »
On the subject of Brawl trophy errors.

Lyn is 18, not 15. It's even stated in the original game before the second quest.

Also, Waluigi still having no clear relations with Wario annoys me greatly.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #237 on: April 14, 2008, 09:48:22 PM »
Ups: The story makes so little sense, you'd think they made a new kind NintendoCrack© to help come up with these storys!

Downs: Even sending in my Wii, even having it replaced; losing all my data, would not be enough to end the errors. I CAN play the game, but sometimes the game will stay on the loading page, then the error screen shows up. This does not happen to often, but it is annoying.

Note: My Wii was not replaced because of dirt. I.... kinda did something before sending it in. Screwed it up real bad.
I really don't care much for logic.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #238 on: April 14, 2008, 11:02:06 PM »
Scissors don't fix EVERYTHING.

Some things they should have done...

-Should've made it so any character could ride Wario's Bike (which could be a disadvantage to Wario, but would make for some sweet screenshots)
-Should've made it so you could steal Waluigi's racket
-Being forced to listen to Stage Builder music while working sucks. Why can't we just listen to the track we plan to use on the stage?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #239 on: April 15, 2008, 06:54:11 AM »
No? Here you go then, how to pronounce the last names of many different authors.
My cry was one of despair, not denial.

Lyn is 18, not 15. It's even stated in the original game before the second quest.
Figures... I knew she seemed older than that.

Print