Print

Author Topic: Brawl's Ups and Downs  (Read 99483 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #255 on: April 22, 2008, 11:48:04 AM »
Ah, so they're replays? Hmm. Yeah, Chup, everyone is too far away for me to ever get a no-lag brawl in, I suppose.... but wouldn't the Wii kinda scavenge around for the closest people on Wi-Fi too so you can get a good game? Or is it just straight up like... first come first serve?

And also, I think I was trying to say Brawl's selection of music was just crazy compared to Galaxy's 65 or so songs.... but when it comes down to it, Galaxy kills with its music. It was way more focused.... and couldn't they have thrown a Galaxy song in there for Mario?
Formerly quite reasonable.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #256 on: April 22, 2008, 02:19:54 PM »
+: Great Character selection, good music, good Adventure Mode (The Subspace Emissary),Inclusion of certain Melee stages, ability to create Stages,Boss Battles,Sound Test available at start,inclusion of Wi-Fi,inclusion of Snake, inclusion of Sonic.
-:Loss of Red Shell,inclusion of Mr.Saturn,Luigi's voice.

I hated the fact the Red Shell was taken out because it was one of the best items. Mr. Saturn is just plain annoying and Luigi's voice is more girly than his voice in Melee.
So, you're saying you perfer the sped-up Mario clips over actual Luigi clips?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #257 on: April 22, 2008, 02:57:57 PM »
I know I don't.  Besides, that's part of the fun of playing as Luigi;

My friend (at character selection): "You're playing as Luigi?  He sounds girly."
Me (after pounding his proverbial face in in a brawl): "How girly is he now?"

His voice doesn't at all indicate his battle ability.  Ness', on the other hand...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #258 on: April 22, 2008, 05:43:06 PM »
Are you suggesting that, because you suck as Ness, no one in the world knows how to use him effectively?

Mr. Saturn is just plain annoying and Luigi's voice is more girly than his voice in Melee.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #259 on: April 22, 2008, 06:08:55 PM »
Player 2's voice was just a higher pitched version of Mario's in Melee and the first one, this one has his REAL voice.

I never really thought Player 2 had a girly sounding voice.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #260 on: April 22, 2008, 07:58:51 PM »
Luigi sounds almost exactly like I remember him in Luigi's Mansion. It sounds like Luigi after he's been beat up a bit, but it sounds like him nonetheless.

« Reply #261 on: April 22, 2008, 08:12:36 PM »
Ups: Fun to collect CDs. Bad character selection (Ike, Lucas) and missing characters, (Roy, Mewtwo and Dr. Mario. Missing stages from N64 game.
Downs: No Animal Crossing Character to go along with stage. Not as many songs as the Japanese version. some good trophies.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #262 on: April 22, 2008, 08:26:09 PM »
I don't think you sorted your Ups and Downs correctly.
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #263 on: April 22, 2008, 10:18:52 PM »
Brawl's got tons of songs, but Galaxy's got (mostly) original, (mostly) orchestrated music (Sakurai lied about Brawl orchestration!).

As for the Red Shell, my brother has occasionally mourned its passing, but I simply feel like it was rendered obslete by a multitude of Assist Trophies/Pokeballs (Jill comes readily to mind).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #264 on: April 23, 2008, 01:31:51 AM »
Not as many songs as the Japanese version.
Wait, what? They took out songs for US?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #265 on: April 23, 2008, 05:17:01 AM »
Does that surprise you?  Japanese get all the good games.

Pokemon games with cool glitches.
KH: Final Mix.
KH2: Final Mix+.
SMB2.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #266 on: April 23, 2008, 08:05:06 AM »
Every country should just get everything equally It gets really annoying seeing what they get and what we don't.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #267 on: April 23, 2008, 12:52:45 PM »
I agree. They should. Or, do their normal thing, just without a region code in systems so you can play import games on it without needing to mod it.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #268 on: April 23, 2008, 03:49:26 PM »
Uh? The Japanese version didn't get more music...
That was a joke.

« Reply #269 on: April 23, 2008, 04:33:23 PM »
that's what I thought

but... if per chance they did get more music could someone post them on here?
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Print