Print

Author Topic: Brawl's Ups and Downs  (Read 99477 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #300 on: April 30, 2008, 05:56:26 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

I can't tell if you were kidding about that or not, but it was still funny.

+Ness is easier to use
+Co-op in almost every 1-P mode
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #301 on: April 30, 2008, 07:50:35 PM »
Postmodernism time!

If you want to read CrossEyed7's last post as saying that Wario World was Wario Land 5 and Master of Disguise didn't count, turn to page 23

If you want to read it as saying that Wario World was part of a separate series and Master of Disguise was Wario Land 5, turn to page 9

If you want it to say that Wario World and Master of Disguise were each half a Wario Land game, turn to page 144

If you think CrossEyed7 forgot how to count, turn to page... uh...

So which is it? You simply lost track of how many Wario Land games there were?
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Sqrt2

« Reply #302 on: May 01, 2008, 03:17:03 AM »
At this point in time I only have two minus points for Brawl:

1) It hasn't been released over here yet! and 2) Dr. Mario, Mewtwo and Roy aren't playable characters.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 03:19:35 AM by Sqrt2 »
AA fanboy and proud!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #303 on: May 01, 2008, 05:40:35 AM »
Don't worry about it.  Dr. Mario is redundant, Lucario is similar to Mewtwo, and Ike is pretty much a slow and heavy version of Roy.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #304 on: May 01, 2008, 09:44:39 AM »
And better.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #305 on: May 01, 2008, 10:09:49 AM »
I know!  I can kill Mario with 50% damage with Ike's Standard B-Move only half-charged ;D

« Reply #306 on: May 01, 2008, 11:35:57 AM »
I know!  I can kill Mario with 50% damage with Ike's Standard B-Move only half-charged ;D
How much is that in Falcon Punches? Falcon Knees?

I mean, yeah, sending Mario careening off the screen with only 50% damage is amazing, but ridiculous at the same time. In the first game I was used to characters only in danger of flying off the screen at around 200%. I've heard Captain Falcon's knee move in Melee similarly sends people flying at low percentages (an awesome video of Falcon beating Giga Bowser on YouTube proves that).
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 11:38:09 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #307 on: May 01, 2008, 12:12:39 PM »
Don't worry about it.  Dr. Mario is redundant, Lucario is similar to Mewtwo, and Ike is pretty much a slow and heavy version of Roy.
1.  Mewtwo wasn't even a clone
2. Dr. Mario could have been an alt costume for Mario
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #308 on: May 01, 2008, 01:23:47 PM »
As far as Mario goes, his Up-B should be the raccoon power instead f the random non-game-specific third jump he has now.  And his Down-B should be the spin from SMG.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #309 on: May 01, 2008, 03:31:44 PM »
Besides their similar, but not the same, neutral special move, Lucario and Mewtwo are completely different.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #310 on: May 01, 2008, 05:57:00 PM »
2) Dr. Mario, Mewtwo and Roy aren't playable characters.
Why drop Dr. Mario when you can just ADD doctors for everybody else?

Most of that, I actually drew a while ago.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #311 on: May 04, 2008, 09:28:13 PM »
UPS
-It's Super Smash Bros.
-Subspace Emissary
-Pit, finally
-Some unique surprises such as R.O.B., Pokémon Trainer, and Olimar, although Olimar isn't too good IMO.
-Wario, finally
-Dedede, finally
-No more Roy (though I did favor him over Marth, I just disliked the clone factor)
-3rd party inclusion. I haven't quite unlocked Sonic yet, but I probably will within the next day, but Sonic is a great inclusion. It's like a gamer's wildest dream come true. Also Snake is actually quite strong. I know I was skeptical at first, but Snake isn't bad, though I still am eh about Snake's inclusion due to the character himself.
-Awesome stages. Mario Bros., 75mm, etc.
-The music is absolutely amazing. It's something I could listen to all day everyday, and if I get a new mp3 player, I just might do that.
-Awesome new items. Dragoon is absolutely genius, then you also got the soccer ball, the golden hammer, and so much more.
-Assist trophies are brilliant.
-Masterpieces. Great way for the newcomers to Nintendo to find their roots.

DOWNS most of these are easily overlooked
-Meta Knight is absolute trash, the worst fighter easily.
-New Pork City is a horrible stage, I hate using it.
-Clones. They're not necessarily bad, but it tends to be annoying that there's generally three versions of Fox, each slightly altered.
-Stickers, who's really going to use them? Sure some will, and it's not necessarily a bad thing, but I just don't see when I'll ever find myself using any.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #312 on: May 04, 2008, 09:44:17 PM »
Why drop Dr. Mario when you can just ADD doctors for everybody else?

Most of that, I actually drew a while ago.

Dr Falcon was brilliant. Show me where it hurts! XD

Also, I have a con for SSBB..

Some of the SSE trophies are hard to find/get. I don't know how many times I've had a Stand appear, but the trophy I need is in the next area, which means going through a door and losing the stand that I've collected. I've gotten frustrated/given up many times..
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 09:46:15 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #313 on: May 04, 2008, 09:47:41 PM »
Some of the SSE trophies are hard to find/get. I don't know how many times I've had a Stand appear, but the trophy I need is in the next area, which means going through a door and losing the stand that I've collected. I've gotten frustrated/given up many times..

That'll most likely annoy me in the future.
Ditto used Machop!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #314 on: May 04, 2008, 09:58:34 PM »
-Clones. They're not necessarily bad, but it tends to be annoying that there's generally three versions of Fox, each slightly altered.
1. What's wrong with 'em? They provided an option for those who want to use a character another player is using, but don't want to have the same character. Once again, it's 26 Melee characters with them, or  about twenty without. Take your pick.
2. There are no clones in Brawl. Only Luigified characters who may share Final Smashes.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print