Print

Author Topic: Need help on world 6-6 of Yoshi's Island  (Read 4095 times)

« on: June 01, 2002, 07:56:51 PM »
I need help on world 6-6 on Yoshi's Island.  I can't get past it for the life of me.  Can anyone help

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2002, 09:51:28 PM »
6-6 eh? Hmmmmmmm...

You past the first part yet? that only requires you to roll the Chomp rock until it cannot be rolled anymore.

The second part is a lot harder. First you need a key. At the bottom right section of the chamber, there is an area with three vertical chamber leading up. Fire and Egg into the second one and the key will drop. This is Part 1.

Next you gotta get to the door. There is a parallel chamber with the light background and numbered areas. Go into it on the bottom right door, and go as far upa nd to the left as you can. Go though the door (I can't recall what number it is, I may check tomorrow if you don't get it) and go as far right as you can until you hit a wall. If you are in the right door, you will see a cloud in a small chamber. Hit it with an egg (you gotta bank it off a wall) and a horizontal platform will appear. Then go left and springboard up to the top area, and go back down the breakaway blocks. You will hit the platform you just made, then go right. You should find a locked door, you SHOULD have the key if you listened to me, and that is about it. If you didn't understand it, I can explain it again tomorrow after I play the level through myself.

Just wait till you see level Extra 4. (If you didn't already know, get 100's on the other 8 levels of World 4 to open it)
heh heh heh.... *evil grin*

*My real signature went on strike, said something about "unfair working conditions". So, this is a temporary replacement sig, until I can work things out with the real sig.
~I.S.~

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2002, 10:05:08 PM »
Unfortunately I have no idea what you are saying here?  I found a key, but i dunno where to go from there.  What do you mean by "vertical chambers" and stuff.  It would really help if u could explain it in a bit more detail and stuff

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2002, 10:11:36 PM »
Ok, Are you in the first room or the second room... If you are in the second room, then the verticle chambers refer to the area you got the key... If you are in the first room, Then you have to find the Locked door, It is near the beginning of the cave.

The 2nd area has 2 chambers, the main one you start in that has the key and locked door, and the "parallel chamber", and you enter when you enter any of the doors in the second area. It has the numbers 1-6 written in the walls. This is a hard level to explain how to do correctly.

*My real signature went on strike, said something about "unfair working conditions". So, this is a temporary replacement sig, until I can work things out with the real sig.
~I.S.~

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2002, 10:15:03 PM »
wheres the 2nd room?  im confused lol

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2002, 10:21:09 PM »
I will explain this as best as I can, I g2g in 15 mins, so If you can't get it today, I will check the level tomorrow and beat it and explain it for you.

The first room is the area you start the level in. You are still in the first room until you go through a locked door. Then, you are in the second room. You can only go down to the bottow of the second room to start. The "parallel room" is the room you enter anytime you enter a door in the second room. You will know you are in the Parallel room when you see an almost white background, numbers in the walls, and those green boxing guys that fire those yellow sparkly things. There are 2 keys in the level, one to open the door from the first room to the second room, and one from the second room to the end of the level. The first key is in the first room and the second key is in the middle of the three verticle chambers in the bottom right section of the second room (You will know what I am talking about when you get there).

BOTTOM LINE: HAVE YOU OPENED AT LEAST ONE LOCKED DOOR YET? This can help me greatly to see where you are in the level.

~I.S.~

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2002, 10:25:39 PM »
yes i have but i cant get the keys to the end of the level and stuff.  i see three vertical chambers but no key

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2002, 10:27:07 PM »
Ok, now shoot an egg up the middle of the middle chamber, and a key should drop from it. Then attempt to follow the steps I gave you in my first post here. I hope you get it!

~I.S.~

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2002, 10:30:37 PM »
I got it!  Thanks!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2002, 10:32:29 PM »
Nice. They tell you how you beat 6-7 in its TITLE ;-) and The only tip I can give you for 6-8 (It is a BIG ONE) is to hit Door Number 4. (You'll see what I mean when you get there) Nice job...and just in time, I gotta go now.

~I.S.~

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2002, 11:22:40 AM »
I just beat the entire game this morning.  Yay!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2002, 03:20:09 PM »
Well done! Did you hit door number 4 in 6-8 like I told you to? ;-) If you need any help with 100's or anything like that tell me ok?

~I.S.~

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2002, 03:38:42 PM »
Yep.  Lots of 1-ups, heheh

Print