Print

Author Topic: Don LaFontaine Dies  (Read 6849 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« on: September 02, 2008, 01:34:49 PM »
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 01:46:27 PM »
It does. It's a shame most people will know him as just "the movie trailer guy" and probably never even know his real name.

Oh, and no one make an "In a world..." joke here. It'd probably be in poor taste.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 02:11:42 PM »
How did this happen? I didn't think the universe was allowed to exist after he died. I remember reading some "what will we do if Don dies" article a couple years ago. This is really weird.
That was a joke.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 02:33:48 PM »
I'm speechless! Speechless I say!
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 02:38:04 PM »
I wonder what the last movie trailer that he did was.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 04:03:09 PM »
Yeah, this does suck. Seriously, I really don't know if there's a better guy out there.

Glorb, I expected you of all people not to condemn the "In a world" jokes.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 04:08:32 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 05:16:17 PM »
I know! So sad... no one can narrate with the same vigor as him (actually, my best friend is quite skilled at dramatic narration, so... maybe in a few years). And I did know his name--if only from the Geico commercials and an internet article here and there.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 05:23:01 PM »
He should have pre-recorded his own eulogy.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 05:23:53 PM »
I could've sworn that was an idea someone--maybe me, who knows--proposed at some point... but who can say.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 05:29:53 PM »
There's probably like 50 people who can sound just like him working in the movie trailer business. The movie preview narration world will be fine. Sorry to hear he died, though.

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 06:42:16 PM »

In that same vein, I wonder who will do his eulogy (assuming he didn't pre-record)?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 02:23:54 AM »
Glorb, I expected you of all people not to condemn the "In a world" jokes.

Generally, when it comes to making puns about the recently deceased, I like to wait at least a few days.
every

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 07:25:50 AM »

Bird Person and Dead Awake come up with the best stuff!

Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 01:40:26 PM »
There's probably like 50 people who can sound just like him working in the movie trailer business. The movie preview narration world will be fine. Sorry to hear he died, though.
I don't know about that, but he's done enough trailers; I'm sure they could computer-generate any future trailers if they wanted to based on his voice.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 04:28:14 PM »
Well, I'm confident we'll be hearing his voice for another year or two. I mean, trailers come out pretty far in advance, and even then they've usually been in development for some time. I mean, there's still a movie or two with Heath Ledger in it that hasn't hit theaters yet.

Print