Print

Author Topic: OoA cart probs  (Read 3744 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« on: March 25, 2006, 03:18:30 PM »
My friend's OoA cart is acting strange.  When we turn the game on, the screen stays blank.  No picture of Nintendo's or Capcom's logo.  I believe it's fried.  What do you think?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 03:22:08 PM »
By OoA do you mean Zelda: Oracle of Ages?

If so, then you can try to clean out the dust by opening it with a screwdriver. If it got wet, then you need to wait at least a week so it can completely dry out.

If these don't work, then what exactly were you doing with it before? Was it stepped on?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 03:30:44 PM »
Do you know what kind of screw driver would fit?

It's possible that it was played on so many times that it needs a break.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 04:42:25 PM »
Try putting it in the freezer for a couple of hours, I guess. Wouldn't hurt to try.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 12:27:33 PM »
No, only do it for thirty minutes. If you put it in the freezer for more than an hour, ice will get into it and you know what ice is made of... water

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 04:51:34 PM »
Well, my friend traded it for a functional cart.  I honestly think it fried, but we may never know.  So whatever was wrong with it, it's gone to the big GBC in the sky.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 05:41:18 PM »
I am sorry for your loss. :(

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2006, 06:19:38 PM »
It's my friend's loss actually.  I tried to comfort her in any way I could.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 06:55:33 AM »
Don't throw it away yet.  There's something else you could try.  Take a cotton swab, soak it in rubbing alcohol (at least 90% isopropyl concentration), and rub all the grime off the golden pins.  Scrub 'em hard!  You don't need a screwdriver to do this.  Don't forget to dry immediately with a clean cotton swab.

Please do not listen to Bird Person's hopefully sarcastic advice...
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 03:05:24 PM »
Don't worry.  My friend and I were very unsure of Bird Person's "hopefully sarcastic advice."  I think we would've tried your advice, DeadAwake, it was posted it at least a week earlier.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 05:25:25 PM »
No, only do it for thirty minutes. If you put it in the freezer for more than an hour, ice will get into it and you know what ice is made of... water

That's silly.  Of course you should seal the cart in a zip-lock bag or something first.

Print