Print

Author Topic: Halo (for the PC)  (Read 3793 times)

« on: September 01, 2007, 03:32:05 PM »
Shocking, is it? One of the biggest non-Mario games has found it's way onto TMK's Help board. (ok, so maybe it's not all that shocking..) XD

Anyway, question!..

I got this game recently, with a controller that plugs into the USB ports on my computer. The controller is kind of a blue-ish transparent color (like those old N64's that were blue) and it says AxisPad on the top of it.

Now, I don't play a whole lot of computer games, so I'm sorry if this seems a little n00bish, but how do I get my controller to work with the game?

I plug it in and wait a few seconds for my pc to recognize that it has something new plugged in, then I go into the game and try to use the controller to move around, but it seems to not be responding.

Is there something I need to change in the controller setup in the in-game options?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 05:02:59 PM »
If it's like most PC games, there is probably some option to change from keyboard/mouse to gamepad.
Also, you might need to install drivers if you haven't already.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 11:20:52 AM »
Dude.

You're trying to use a gamepad with an FPS on PC?

Use the mouse and keyboard - the controls FPS was invented for.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 11:58:58 AM »
Also, if that AxisPad is anything like the one I bought once, it's pretty much the worst possible PS2-styled controller in existence. Anyway, do like LD says.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 07:49:03 PM »
Thanks guys. I figured it out: I had to go into the controls for the game and set what every button would do. That's kind of annoying.. I wanted to set it up like Goldeneye on the N64, but I only vaguely remember the controls, since all I played was multiplayer with my friends anyway (it was his game).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 01:43:07 PM »
In GoldenEye, you had to hold R to aim around, which is not a normal feature of FPS. Other games aren't going to let you map a controller to do that.

But for the love of Jebus, use the mouse and keyboard.

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 09:09:11 PM »
I.. take it it's easier with the mouse/keyboard?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 09:35:00 PM »
Aiming is definitely better and easier. Which is kind of important in an FPS.
That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 04:49:12 PM »
Oh man, I would take mouse and keyboard over conroller pad anyday. It's so much more comfortable. Especially with an optical mouse. Don't use those old crappy ball ones.

Print