Print

Author Topic: Games in your backlog.  (Read 10187 times)

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2007, 12:35:55 AM »
Heheheh, no, it was remembering all the one-time scans that made me restart around four times. But the Spider Ball Guardian, when I had no strategy, was pretty tough! I beat it with 8 units of energy left on the first time! (and died not long after I got the Power Bomb)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2007, 01:38:07 PM »
I have yet to beat Super Mario Bros. 2. Even worse, I only beat SM64 about a week ago, and that was because I loaded by sister's save file, who was farther in the game than I was.
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2007, 10:37:50 PM »
I actually beat Super Mario Bros. 2 before I beat the original.

Add Scurge: Hive to my backlog; it'll probably be a while before that game enters SLOT 1 on my DS again. Stupid final boss and its nine health bars.

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2007, 08:14:40 PM »
I kinda don't wanna beat Super Paper Mario, because I don't wanna see that ugly mess of an end boss known as Super Dimentio. Bleeeeeeeeehhhhhhh! Ugly with a capital U! *shudder*
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2007, 08:23:32 PM »
How do you know who that is and how he looks?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2007, 08:56:46 PM »
Concept art, man. It's a beautiful thing.

Also, I have never beaten Paper Mario: Tha Thousand Year Door. Shadow Queen kick-ed my bootie and I haven't gone back.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 08:58:54 PM by GiftedGirl »
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2007, 09:00:00 PM »
Why spoil the game for you? And I like that design!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2007, 05:59:37 PM »
The only game I can think of right now is the ROM I downloaded of Chrono Trigger. Funny, I was just thinking of it earlier today. I always make sure to complete games I actually buy.

You remind me of my friend.  Everyone should complete Chrono Trigger.

Anyway, this is exactly what I was thinking of the other day...

PSP
Loco Roco (which I really want to finish)
Mega Man: Powered Up (which is stupid with a capital 'S')
ATV Offroad Fury: Blazin' Trails (which doesn't interest me)

I mainly don't play them because my PSP is dedicated to emulation anyway.

N64
Tetrisphere
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2

SNES
Wario's Woods
Sim City (which I never even started playing.)

NES
Legend of Zelda II: Adventure of Link
Super Mario Bros. *gasp*

Genesis
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2

The only Sonic game I ever beat was Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Gamecube
F-Zero GX
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly (DO NOT buy this game!)

That's all I can think of right now...
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2007, 09:36:06 AM »
The only games I haven't finished are some SNES games like F-Zero and this Hockey game(forgot the name) and some other games that someone lost for me. I try to make sure that I beat every game I get, or I just feel that it's a waste. On F-Zero, my SNES doesn't perform too well, so games just freeze or crash for some reason. Also, I got up to this track where you have to go off a ramp and fly past a huge gap, but no matter how fast I go, the gap is too big and I can't seem to get past it (the computer players get through it with no problem). Personally, I enjoyed Mario and Luigi: Partners In Time A LOT. Easily one of the best games I've ever played. I hope I get to beat F-Zero sooner or later.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2007, 09:47:20 AM »
Hint: hold back and then forward to get enough air and then accelerate past the gap.
That was a joke.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2007, 02:51:04 PM »
I got Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 for Christmas 2006. I played until the third world, and then I lost interest, mainly because that was also the time I got my Wii, Kirby: Squeak Squad, and Yoshi's Island DS. I was also playing Sonic Adventure 2 (the Gamecube version) because my Gamecube had started refusing to read certain disks for some reason, and I could finally play it again on the Wii. I might finish MvDK2...someday.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2007, 04:20:40 PM »
Games in my backlog:

Pretty much every Megaman X title: They're pretty boring and far more frustrating when compared to the Classic series, so I just gave up.

Mario and Luigi: I dunno, I just never got into this game.

Super Mario RPG: As hard as this game is to find, as soon as I got it, I put it away and never played it.

These are just a few that come to mind. If I find more, I'll post 'em.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2007, 09:21:13 AM »
Have you ever played, I dunno, Mega Man X 1, 2, or 3?
That was a joke.

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2007, 10:14:06 AM »
Yup.

Some other games I'd like to complete but haven't gotten to 'em yet include: Legend of Zelda: Twighlight Princess, Metal Gear Solid 2, Donkey Kong 64 and Kirby and the Amazing Mirror.

EDIT: Ah. All of the jibba jabba in this topic reminds me that I haven't beaten Viewtiful Joe yet.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 10:23:46 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2007, 01:06:09 AM »
Games never beaten:
-Super Mario Deluxe.  The Super Players version specifically, I always got stuck on 8-4! Argh!
-Looney Tunes Twouble, or Trouble.  The label is ripped.
-Pokemon Yellow.  I've beaten Red and Blue and never got around to beating this one.  I don't count catching all 151 pokemon, becaue I don't have a link cable, so there!
-Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis.  The glitches prevented my interest once I started playing Sonic Advance 1.
-Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga.  I frequently stop playing this game due to quick boredom of fighting a boss a couple times.  I'm pathetic. 9_9
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, on medium and hard.
-Pokemon Silver, since I still haven't fought Red. 
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print