Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 477556 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #915 on: November 20, 2006, 04:01:03 PM »
But the Mushroom World isn't real, and I fail to see how that completely eradicates my thoery.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #916 on: November 20, 2006, 07:48:18 PM »
It COULD be real.  But we do not (and probably never will) have the dimension traveling technology to prove its existance.  Those that find dimensionals never return.  That's where the briliant minds of those of our world, like Miyamoto, come in. ^_^
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #917 on: November 20, 2006, 11:03:20 PM »
COULD be real, and there's no need for multiple universes because The Mushroom World could be in our own galaxy.

Plus the comic book multiple universe thing is way overused.
Senior Mariology professor

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #918 on: November 21, 2006, 05:08:25 PM »
Overused in what sense? Has any other Mario fan used it to explain this stuff?

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #919 on: November 21, 2006, 07:02:44 PM »
Personally, I find the whole "Alternate Universes" thing a bit immature. (no offense)  True, there could be such universes, but I find it illogical to think that one would be comprised of works of fiction.  Secondly as to yoshi mastar's thoery of Mario telling Miyamoto, even with the technology that some various places in the Musroom Kingdom, heck, World have (eg. X-Nauts, Smithy, etc. ) I have never seen anyone in Mario's universe come up with anything more advanced than a time machine (and I consider that non-canon.)

Here's my theory....

The entire universe where Mario co-exists with the Earth is non-canon, since Nintendo never specified WHERE the Mushroom World is.  The Mushroom World exists in a universe (not parallel mind you) where the Mushroom World IS our Earth.  Brooklyn does not exist, but if I am correct, Nintendo never said Mario was from Brooklyn, it was third-party companies that did.  All humans are "born" via storks, which is confirmed further with the onset of Yoshi's Island 2, with Peach coming form the stork.  Mario & Luigi were raised by a small colony of humans living in an obscure location in the Mushroom World.  In fact, one might even theorize that ALL real world objects were carried by the storks.  We do not exist in Mario's world.

This, however, contrasts stories in manuals of other Nintendo games, eg. Starfox, Metroid, F-Zero, etc, which state that they take place in our universe, in a different time or location.  Starfox is from the center of our galaxy, F-Zero and Metroid are from the future.

Super Smash Brothers is a clash of trophies, brought to life by a child's imagination.  In BOTH games. (although in the first game it was dolls)

Although I think we all agree it would be cool if the Mario universe co-existed with ours, I think we can safely say it doesn't so get over it.

.....So sums up my theory.

I think about this way too much.  :D

AND GET OVER IT PEOPLE IT'S A GAME!!!!!

:)
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #920 on: November 21, 2006, 09:27:41 PM »
Personally, I find the whole "Alternate Universes" thing a bit immature. (no offense)  True, there could be such universes, but I find it illogical to think that one would be comprised of works of fiction.  Secondly as to yoshi mastar's thoery of Mario telling Miyamoto, even with the technology that some various places in the Musroom Kingdom, heck, World have (eg. X-Nauts, Smithy, etc. ) I have never seen anyone in Mario's universe come up with anything more advanced than a time machine (and I consider that non-canon.)

Well, I never siad anything about it being connected to out universe. I Just thought that the Mario games themsleves had a bunch of different universe within them.

Here's my theory....

The entire universe where Mario co-exists with the Earth is non-canon, since Nintendo never specified WHERE the Mushroom World is.  The Mushroom World exists in a universe (not parallel mind you) where the Mushroom World IS our Earth.

I wouldn't start calling things like that non-canon. There was never an official canon to begin with. Also, I was thinking the same thing about there being a "Mushroom Earth".

Brooklyn does not exist, but if I am correct, Nintendo never said Mario was from Brooklyn, it was third-party companies that did. 

What third party companies? It said that in the SMB intructions. The idea was proposed by Nintendo of America.

All humans are "born" via storks, which is confirmed further with the onset of Yoshi's Island 2, with Peach coming form the stork.  Mario & Luigi were raised by a small colony of humans living in an obscure location in the Mushroom World. 

We've kinda already established this.

In fact, one might even theorize that ALL real world objects were carried by the storks.

What's that supposed to mean?

We do not exist in Mario's world.

Of course we don't. It's fictional.
This, however, contrasts stories in manuals of other Nintendo games, eg. Starfox, Metroid, F-Zero, etc, which state that they take place in our universe, in a different time or location.  Starfox is from the center of our galaxy, F-Zero and Metroid are from the future.

I don't even know why you're bringing that in here. Nobody ever mentioned anything about the Mario games having to do with any other Nintendo games.

Super Smash Brothers is a clash of trophies, brought to life by a child's imagination.  In BOTH games. (although in the first game it was dolls)

Who said? SSB doesn't have an official story. You can interpret it however you want.

Although I think we all agree it would be cool if the Mario universe co-existed with ours, I think we can safely say it doesn't so get over it.

Let me reimnd you that the only one who even proposed that idea was YoshiMastar.

.....So sums up my theory.

I think about this way too much.  :D

AND GET OVER IT PEOPLE IT'S A GAME!!!!!

It specifically states in the beginning of the thread not to say that.

:)

« Reply #921 on: November 22, 2006, 07:02:58 AM »
Everything I have believed.... Is a lie.
OH, NO! There goes Tokyo! GO, GO GODZILLA!
------
Yinzers Rule!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #922 on: November 22, 2006, 03:45:02 PM »
You mean to tell me that you really honestly believed that Mario was real?

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #923 on: November 23, 2006, 01:37:24 AM »
I just said it was my THEORY...  I didn't say anyone else had to believe it, or that it was the truth, but anyway, you did bring up some good counterarguments.

Anyway, I don't have the SMB manual so it was just an educated guess....

Sorry. :)
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #924 on: November 23, 2006, 09:36:48 AM »
Ah it's alright. We all make mistakes. Your Mushroom Earth idea seemed like a good one. Sorta like the alternate Earth from the Sonic games.

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #925 on: November 23, 2006, 04:53:01 PM »
Also, there are about....57 or so odd pages that I haven't read through yet (and don't plan to) so please excuse me if I say things that have already been touched on (or that I messed up on.  Thanks for putting up with that...

Anyway, now that I'm done apologizing (bleh) I want to say that I like your DK idea, Chef, but I do disagree a bit.  I think that Rare's portrayal of DK is like the son (or grandson) of Cranky, so the tie in to another universe is unnecessary.  Cranky is the "old" DK.  That's my understanding anyway...

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #926 on: November 23, 2006, 09:11:01 PM »
I always thought that "Super DK" (Rare's DK) was technically DK III, and his father was Jr. and his grandfather was DKI. For you see, I envisioned the DKC series as being a future of the Mario series, explaining why Cranky was so old. That was shot to pieces when Camelot chose to include Diddy as a playable character in Mario Golf TT, even though they used Jr. as a playable in Mario Tennis 64 earlier (alongside the "Super" version of DK no less). This is why I used the multiverse thing. The DK that appears in the old-school universe is the "Classic" DK, while the DK from the modern universe is a whole new DK. DKC could probably be set in it's own universe or act as a future version of the old-school universe. I'm still figuring that one out.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #927 on: November 25, 2006, 10:51:50 AM »
Four words: E. Gadd's time machine
Regards, Uncle Dolan

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #928 on: November 25, 2006, 10:56:48 AM »
But he never invented it until the events of M&L:PiT.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #929 on: November 25, 2006, 12:49:33 PM »
I see the spinoffs taking place outside the main timeline
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print