Print

Author Topic: If no one watches the Pokemon T.V. show, why is it still on the air?  (Read 14435 times)

« on: July 28, 2003, 12:18:41 AM »
They even got new episodes. They suck.

Mom:Honey, what is that loud sound? Me:Uh, nothing, Mom! *goes back to smashing X-Box*
Deezer was here.

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2003, 11:42:14 AM »
Because 8-year-olds with ADD need to do SOMETHING after school.

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2003, 03:44:23 PM »
Because people DO watch it. It's just a different kind of audience than the people who visit TMK.
The reason the show keeps going on, is because nintendo wants to milk the pokemon money cow dry before people totally can't stand it anymore.

The world would be a much cleaner place if people would eat their own trash.
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2003, 04:18:21 PM »
There's still quite a fanbase, although it has lost it's luster. You'd be surprised.
More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2003, 09:27:38 AM »
I like that show, but I still say the game is better except Ruby and Saphire because those two games suck.

I''m the master of Mario and Pokémon!
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2004, 05:14:38 PM »
Here it is spring 2K4, and while I used to really like this show, I feel that, after the 4th season, it started to slide downhill.  Adventures are taking longer than they used to earlier in the series.  One of the main characters has been replaced.

-Making your way in the world today DOES take everything you''ve got!-

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2004, 05:39:18 PM »
Yeah, I stopped watching when Brock left as well.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2004, 06:30:18 PM »
I stopped watching around the beginning of the Johto season because I knew it would just be a bunch of episodes surrounding the new creatures. I liked the episodes that centered around the events in the video game, like the gyms.

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."- Jack Handey
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2004, 10:22:18 PM »
I saw my first episode a couple weeks ago. It was the worst cartoon I've ever seen. Japanimation sucks, I do declair.

Let me away from this boulder!
Let me away from this boulder!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2004, 10:46:32 PM »
You are mistaken.
That is, Anime/Japanimation in general is not bad.

My brain does stupid things when I‘m not looking.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 4/20/2004 9:50:08 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2004, 11:25:27 PM »
I can't stand characters that come from nowhere (ex: what's-his-name that replaced Brock).  That's why I also don't like the Kirby TV series (because of extra characters).  There's probably more than enough characters in the games themselves to create a decent show.

"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2004, 11:30:08 PM »
I've posted why I dislike the Kirby show in nintendofreak's thread.

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2004, 09:42:48 AM »
Ok, I know the Pokemon show isn't good anymore, but don't badmouth Kirby! Sure, Escargo is new, and maybe a few others, but they improve the show because they don't always involve the characters you're used to. A lot of the characters are from Kirby Super Star, and a lot of the abilities are from Kirby('s Adventure/Nightmare in Dreamland), so if you haven't played any of those, it's no wonder. Really, not many of the characters aren't in the game anyway.

Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!
Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2004, 05:19:50 PM »
I'm not trying to badmouth Kirby!, I just want to express my opinion on the T.V. show that the topic originally brought up (Pokémon).

-Taking a break from all your worries would most definitely help a lot-

Edited by - marioseeker on 4/21/2004 4:23:31 PM

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2004, 05:37:41 PM »
I agree. The only characters in the Kirby cartoon that actually have to do with the game are King Dedede, random enemies, Meta-Knight, Chef Kawasaki, and Kirby of course. Everything else is unnecessarily stupid and pointless. Tiff and Tuff are some of the most annoying characters from a cartoon ever. Man, why do the anime producers have to ruin every show they get their hands on?

God rest your soul, Transformers.

Print